Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HERE'S YOUR GODDAMN HOT DOG SANDWICH NERDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Picnic Princess posted:

:yum:

I'd still go at one of those on a lunch break. Throw a handful of potato chips on there, smash it down, and go hog wild. Maybe hot sauce too. And a cherry coke with it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I haven't had potato chips in a sandwich for a long time but it's good eats.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
chips (french fries) in sandwiches is p good too

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
When I was a broke student, hot dogs in wonder bread was a regular in rotation (because that was all there was to eat sometimes).

Went down great with the depression tears.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Ranter posted:

chips (french fries) in sandwiches is p good too

Hell yes it is! Especially on a saucy burg :burger: Never tried it on a reuben, but I bet one with extra russian dressing would carry the fries well...

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Bubblyblubber posted:

When I was a broke student, hot dogs in wonder bread was a regular in rotation (because that was all there was to eat sometimes).

This is a quintessential 'dish' in Australia. You get a snag in bread at a sausage sizzle. Aussies don't use buns unless it's a weird pork 'hotdog' weiner which they call hotdogs. Aussie snags are cheap beef instead, completely raw requiring cooking.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

My Lovely Horse posted:

A cauliflower bun is the crumbliest thing I can imagine eating.

It's actually pretty doable. You just need to add lots of eggs.

Picnic Princess posted:

Would.

angerbeet posted:

I haven't had potato chips in a sandwich for a long time but it's good eats.

When I was at camp one year, they had no vegetarian anything (buttfuck NY state in the 90s, so...) and I ended up making and eating sandwiches with potato chips and mustard all week. I remember them being absolutely fantastic.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Picnic Princess posted:

this is a good way to do it if you dont have proper hot dog buns. more surface area means more grill marks too which is good

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a hot dog sandwich from a restaurant once. I don't remember exactly what I ordered but it came out as two hot dogs split down the middle between two slices of bread.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Sakurazuka posted:

Ice cube relish

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Forgall posted:

quote:

Ice cube relish

Not even close to AFP, but well worth your time if you've somehow never seen these.
Ice-T's seen some poo poo

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ranter posted:

This is a quintessential 'dish' in Australia. You get a snag in bread at a sausage sizzle. Aussies don't use buns unless it's a weird pork 'hotdog' weiner which they call hotdogs. Aussie snags are cheap beef instead, completely raw requiring cooking.

Hello.

Korgan posted:

I took these pictures to prove to an American that yes, we Australians eat sausages, or hot dogs as you apparently call them. Then I found this thread so you guys can see this culinary artistry. This was my dinner from a few hours ago.

Recipe not too hard, basically you just grab some fine ingredients.

Look at that, that's quality.

While that's frying up you go and grab the rest of your gear.

Then it's just a matter of getting the bloody snags to the correct brown.

Once cooked through, chuck some bread on your plate, some cheese on your bread, then bung your snags on top of that mess and apply the sauce of your choice (tomato). If you're fancy you can add onions. Also the traditional alternative to frying them is chucking them on the barbie but the gasline on mine is buggered so frying it was. If you really can't be bothered cooking it yourself just head over to Bunnings or a polling booth and buy one of theirs.

Bon appetite mates.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

thank you for bringing that poor lost post home.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

from: https://www.facebook.com/BeansInThingsThatBeansShouldntBeIn/

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I did that slighty-insane-person desperate laugh when I saw them beans. Good stuff.

Here's some fermented soy beans that should not be.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Further proof that Australia must be returned to the ocean

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Bubblyblubber posted:

I did that slighty-insane-person desperate laugh when I saw them beans. Good stuff.

In the TIMG I thought the beans were just going too fast for the camera speed

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

help

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nice flatbreat.

Nice focaccia

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

All I'm seeing here is a delicious bowl of natto, where's the AFP?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

bike tory posted:

All I'm seeing here is a delicious bowl of natto, where's the AFP?

it's gooey and tasty, makes me gag a little but I enjoy it :D

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

delicious, delicious noropizza

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
left the pizza on the counter to cool and came back 5 mins later to find it infested with land clams. FML

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

I am down with the clams, white sauce, and veggies, but the shells are kind of a deal/tooth breaker.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
How do you even slide that pizza onto the baking stone/steel without clams going everywhere?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That poor backsplash

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Clearly you're supposed to bake the clams separately from the pizza, then place them on top, GOSH.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That image came up before, and I think someone said you're meant to eat the clams as they are there because they do something to soften them up before cooking?

I don't know, sounds like a crock but I've heard weirder I guess.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

drat it. I ordered steamed hams pizza. You know, a burgerpizza.

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Recipe

Apparently you're supposed to shuck the clams after pulling it from 500°F oven and put the meat+juices in the well left from the shells. Kenji does everything the hard way, it seems.

Edit: lots of people having problems with it in the comments, lmao what a time consuming pizza

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

It's actually pretty doable. You just need to add lots of eggs.

Would.

When I was at camp one year, they had no vegetarian anything (buttfuck NY state in the 90s, so...) and I ended up making and eating sandwiches with potato chips and mustard all week. I remember them being absolutely fantastic.

I mean, isn't the dark secret of summer camp that if you're young, having fun and getting a poo poo load of exercise basically all food tastes like the best food you've ever had? You could probably hand kids a unheated can of refried beans and a spoon after a long day of camp and they would devour it like it was a slurpee being poured from the holy grail.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean, isn't the dark secret of summer camp that if you're young, having fun and getting a poo poo load of exercise basically all food tastes like the best food you've ever had? You could probably hand kids a unheated can of refried beans and a spoon after a long day of camp and they would devour it like it was a slurpee being poured from the holy grail.

Not quite. I distinctly remember food at Boy Scout camps tasting like nothing, topped off with a mandatory Ensure or something which is fine, but not quite ambrosia. Also, Slush Puppies served on porch full of wasps.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
*extremely porch voice*

If it's late enough in August, those old wasps are too dozy to sting you

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

angerbeet posted:

*extremely porch voice*

If it's late enough in August, those old wasps are too dozy to sting you

Porches are cool and good.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Thomas' has gone too far. I fully intended to buy them and write a trip report for various toppings, but the wife said, and I quote, "abso-loving-lutely not" :(

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Kinda want to call you whipped, kinda want to say she's right.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bubblyblubber posted:

Kinda want to call you whipped, kinda want to say she's right.

It could be both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zipperelli. posted:

Thomas' has gone too far. I fully intended to buy them and write a trip report for various toppings, but the wife said, and I quote, "abso-loving-lutely not" :(

Not much for adventure at the old zipper place eh?