Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, the western tier list usually rates easier to equip characters higher than others, but even in altema and with other characters having their enhancements out she'd still outpace a ton of the highly rated dps units.

Like just as she is right now she'd be higher than luneth in altema.

If doublehand stacked over here, she'd be the #1 unit bar none with TMs, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

NinjaDebugger posted:

If doublehand stacked over here, she'd be the #1 unit bar none with TMs, I think.

If they do change Leon's TM to stack, I wonder if they'll ever change doublehand to stack.

Also on the subject of enhancements, if/when we get them, I wonder what they'll do about global exclusives. I can't help but feel like they'll show their donut steel OC's some preferential treatment.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Tipme posted:

80 pulls here:

23 Sheras
0 Shine
0 Olive
1 Emperor :gbsmith:

ADDENDUM:

78 Pulls

18 Sheras
2 Shine
0 Olive
1 Dark Fina

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I spent some of my remaining lapis on a final 5k pull and the game rewarded my faith! 2x Mercedes, another gaff and ingus. Oh, and Olive. I think this is my single best roll yet, and now I need to increase my slots.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I needed a few star quartz to buy man eater so I burnt tickets.

2 pulls

2 star quartz

1 shantotto
1 noctis

Slightly better than expected.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i've been lapis grinding tms of olive, 2 shines and 2 gaffs

can't wait to break 1k attack

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Why doesn't the Enchanted Maze count as a vortex quest?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Because gumi hates us.

I actually submitted a ticket last time it was around and their answer was basically "because we don't want it to"

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

Ahhh piles and piles of every megacryst except light, where's the best place to farm them?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

Ahhh piles and piles of every megacryst except light, where's the best place to farm them?

best place to farm every megacrystal at this point is fire shrine.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Dat spread. Both Leons started at the exact same time and ran exactly same # of runs. :gumi:

Taking bets on which one will finish first.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

NinjaDebugger posted:

best place to farm every megacrystal at this point is fire shrine.

So there's no dungeon that will give me more light megacrysts?

If I get 10 fire, 10 lightning, 20 earth, 100 wind, and 1 light in the fire shrine, and 0 of everything except 2 light in another dungeon, I'd rather run the other dungeon.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I wouldn't mind dicking around the maze if cactuar enhancement didn't cost so drat much

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh, that's why friend leaders are showing up with their actual name. There's a new option at the bottom of the menu options that's default to the Companion name instead of the Unit name.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hagie posted:

I wouldn't mind dicking around the maze if cactuar enhancement didn't cost so drat much

LoL money. You poor non-macro players.

You're really going to hate life when enhancements come around.

For an actual solution though:

Do a friend point summon and fuse them together to make one of the 1* guys max level. Sell him. Repeat.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hagie posted:

Dont use small cactuars for high level enhancement and instead feed them as trash to your other units.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Perhaps combine the two above posts onto one super post where you take the baby cactuars from the maze and feed them to friends units to sell.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
1 of each new ring crafted. No rare mats. On to the next batch.

edit: drat these Light Megacrysts.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Can't wait until instant crafting. Does anyone ever use pay to finish?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I crafted 3 Ruler Rings, completely out of Light and Ice Megacrysts now, but there's no time to farm for more at the moment.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Has any whaler/youtuber/streamer promised to grind for Ring of Dominion's 70 required trophies? I see myself getting to 61 trophies with just a matter of very reasonable time but 70 blows my mind.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Has any whaler/youtuber/streamer promised to grind for Ring of Dominion's 70 required trophies? I see myself getting to 61 trophies with just a matter of very reasonable time but 70 blows my mind.

Yeah I'm at 61 now and probably won't bother getting the last 9 unless they just happen over time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

aherdofpenguins posted:

If you're in a hurry, the Windy Heights (West) has given me 2-3 on most runs and if you're not grinding out EXP (around 68k or so for the full area) it's really fast. Takes 11 stamina.

I need to get some dark megacrysts and start cooking a pair of Ruler Rings, then farm more mats so I can make more ruler rings out of the 6 hero rings I have.

But that'd mean not running maze... which is so very quick and easy for getting Refia the last20 levels she needs...

MrLonghair posted:

There's no point in grinding those trophies ASAP because getting the rare materials for making even one ring is going to take longer. Most whales in Japan don't have an Exceed/Dominion ring. You might as well pretend they don't exist because you aren't going to see one within the next year or two without the most obscene luck imaginable, thousands of hours of grinding materials, or injection hacks (which is how anyone has gotten them in Japan so far, IIRC).

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
One last hoorah.

78 pulls

25 sheras
6 shines
0 olive
1 lightning (lol)

That's 200+ pulls. Game's telling me that since I got noctis on the daily pull twice, my luck is just loving gone. Will I whale again? Hell yea, 2 months of cup noodles and pb&j , no big deal.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

:shrug: I have seemingly infinite money from the first FFT event and the halloween event because they gave out a lot of currency and when they ended I sold it all for a lot of gil.

:negative: I didn't know king mog existed for the FFT one so I still have the burgoise ore sitting in my inventory, I never got to make it into a sword.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Tipme posted:

One last hoorah.

78 pulls

25 sheras
6 shines
0 olive
1 lightning (lol)

Man that's rough...

Tipme posted:

That's 200+ pulls. Game's telling me that since I got noctis on the daily pull twice, my luck is just loving gone. Will I whale again? Hell yea, 2 months of cup noodles and pb&j , no big deal.

Your luck should be gone because holy gently caress I'd do a flip for just a Lightning and you have that and a pair of Nocti?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I'd love a lightning or any good offensive 5* base. Still haven't got one and I've been playing since release. :negative:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

how much money have you spent on the game though?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For whatever reason I decided to burn 5 tickets:
Hayate
Rydia
Cyan
Lani
ZIDANE :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Strongly tempted to just burn 10 moogles and master dual wield right now, but I'm not sure who I'd use it on. CoD with lunar pestle + thorn mace I guess? (Locke is only 28.8% farmed up for a rising sun)

e: I do have firion but 0 snows so I'd be running excal/kaiser, black hood, 2 bracers, and shine/maxwell/shera TMs. All of which would need to be farmed still.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 27, 2017

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Doesn't her innate doublehanded stack with the ability? I have a whale friend who has over 1k attack now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Doesn't her innate doublehanded stack with the ability? I have a whale friend who has over 1k attack now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

Which stacks with her TM gun. But I think what they mean is in JP you can equip multiple double hand materia and be god-king of damage.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hayate
Rydia
Cyan
Lani
ZIDANE :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Strongly tempted to just burn 10 moogles and master dual wield right now, but I'm not sure who I'd use it on. CoD with lunar pestle + thorn mace I guess? (Locke is only 28.8% farmed up for a rising sun)

e: I do have firion but 0 snows so I'd be running excal/kaiser, black hood, 2 bracers, and shine/maxwell/shera TMs. All of which would need to be farmed still.

Do you have a Chizuru? She is solid just with DW and 2 decent katanas. Plus then you can work on Blade Mastery.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Peachfart posted:

Do you have a Chizuru? She is solid just with DW and 2 decent katanas. Plus then you can work on Blade Mastery.

Yeah I've had her forever, no Mizuki though so my only katanas are Murasame and Chirijiraden. Either way I have to get TMs farmed up but I'm getting Refia to 100 before going to the TM grind.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah I've had her forever, no Mizuki though so my only katanas are Murasame and Chirijiraden. Either way I have to get TMs farmed up but I'm getting Refia to 100 before going to the TM grind.

With the maze this week, you should be able to do this quickly at least.

Also wanted to remind people that we have a discord for general game discussion and its pretty fun.
https://discord.gg/gkYwwyw

Edit: Oh, and if any goons want assistance, add me! I have a fancy Noctis and will add you if you have something about goons or SA in your message.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Feb 27, 2017

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Cry Havoc posted:

how much money have you spent on the game though?

$200

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

oh that sucks goondolences

who knows maybe you'll pull multiple orlandu

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hayate
Rydia
Cyan
Lani

do it up, worst case scenario you have a very annoying jerk in Arenas now that you give CoD the golem staff and barrage and petrify half of the enemy team (or the loving cecil blocking all the time)

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Nuebot posted:

Which stacks with her TM gun. But I think what they mean is in JP you can equip multiple double hand materia and be god-king of damage.

I hear that JP's only lets you stack to 300%, which most of out double-handed type units can hit easily when we get that jerk Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Nuebot posted:

:shrug: I have seemingly infinite money from the first FFT event and the halloween event because they gave out a lot of currency and when they ended I sold it all for a lot of gil.

:negative: I didn't know king mog existed for the FFT one so I still have the burgoise ore sitting in my inventory, I never got to make it into a sword.

I dropped 2500 lapis to get a ridiculous amount of big cactaurs and I dropped all of them on 3 6* characters to get them to Max. I went from 300,000 to 30,000

• Locked thread