Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Interesting read, but this one particular passage stood out to me :

"I am ex military so I used to be in really great shape until my thyroid was cooked by the nuclear ship I served on via radiation leak. This made me fat but really never affected my health in any serious way."

Unless he served in the Russian Navy this is complete and utter bullshit. Our carriers and submarines don't just spring radiation leaks. The dude was a Fire Controls Technician and would not be hanging out in the spaces close enough to the reactor compartment to be impacted by the fake leak.

I want to be the person who can confirm all these crazy stories with first hand knowledge.

This guy here was one of my buds, but he had a problem with uranium shards falling out of the reactor core and he couldn't loving resist swallowing them. He's no longer in the secret army that does secret military actions covertly, but he earned the nickname "GlowDick". If only he were thin again. Sail on, commando! o9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I'm fat because while working for the CIA my assassination attempt on a deep Russian operative failed as we fought during a terrible storm atop the fukashima reactor

Or I just really like macho combo burritos and beer

I can confirm this story because I too am part of a certain 3 letter organization that must not be mentioned.

I was there that night, photographing the incident in question. The storm though ruined my film, and the horrible radiation turned all my film into pictures of ship sales.

Only now, years later, is it all making sense! Fight on, secret agent man!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

"I'm not sure why this is happening, I'm also not exactly sure why the hell anyone should be able to do this to begin with"

Welcome to the nestiest of physics ever friend :gary:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SatoshiNakamoto posted:

Notagoon, but definitely on the spectrum. His discussions are a comedy goldmine.

JAIL TIME in the game!!! Oh yes - dreams do come true :)

For emphasis:

:suicide:

All the jail time for breaking the law was the best part of the Grand Theft Auto series. Nothing says immersion like doing time between stints of stamping license plates and cleaning dishes.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Seraph posted:

my gf of 5 years

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

So he's basically agreeing with Derek Smart. Who wrote (in his July Blog!) that the best solution for the scope of SC, would be to create an engine from "scratch". As FDev did. Their commandos do not seem to be t-posing much. Though their only videos of their commandos are from a polished internal beta build. Naturally SCs internal build has a better level of polish, we're not getting shown it ... for reasons.

Furthermore

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

Getting a radiation dosage wouldn't "cook his thyroid" it would cook him all over. You get a hosed thyroid by ingesting radioactive iodine following a nuclear leak/blast, and due to the short half life that danger is mostly gone after 2 weeks. Unless he worked in the Chernobyl cleanup it's bullshit.

e: f;b

He maybe a nautical Homer Simpson.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I want to be the person who can confirm all these crazy stories with first hand knowledge.

This guy here was one of my buds, but he had a problem with uranium shards falling out of the reactor core and he couldn't loving resist swallowing them. He's no longer in the secret army that does secret military actions covertly, but he earned the nickname "GlowDick". If only he were thin again. Sail on, commando! o9

Well, I bet he is real popular with the ladies on a dark night...

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Whoops, got moderated on the Frontier forums this morning for posting the following harmless little joke:

Mu77ley posted:

I was at a quiz night earlier, and one of the beers I sampled reminded me of Star Citizen for some reason:

It wasn't a great beer sadly...

;)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mu77ley posted:

Whoops, got moderated on the Frontier forums this morning for posting the following harmless little joke:

;)

They probably objected to the word “smooth” showing up in any thread related to SC.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
There are a few "Shadow" Citizens amongst the mods there, and at least one outed themselves with a $4000 odd "investment".

Usually they bite their tongue, but occasionally they grump out and ban for the oddest things. I got done for a pgabs video of all things, and simply pointing out an error another time.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ewe2 posted:

I love it when they lie like this. As if you wouldn't have been under serious NDA and security doing that for a government. But sure, tell the world on reddit that your firm made $22 million! No way could there be any repercussions like never getting that work again.

He doesn't gently caress around with security- where do you think his username comes from? :smuggo:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I can confirm this story because I too am part of a certain 3 letter organization that must not be mentioned.

I was there that night, photographing the incident in question. The storm though ruined my film, and the horrible radiation turned all my film into pictures of ship sales.

Only now, years later, is it all making sense! Fight on, secret agent man!

So what happened to Octopode anyways? Did he get kidnapped by ex-KGB or what?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

So what happened to Octopode anyways? Did he get kidnapped by ex-KGB or what?

Somebody said a member of his family is seriously ill, so good luck to him, he never bothered me as much as he seemed to do others, he'd also answered questions on his position without a lot of fuss. This is just a dumb thread about a scam based on pretend spaceships.

AP fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 26, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sale is going very well, it's amazing that people still believe, though the relatively long period between this and the last LTI concept sale at Christmas has no doubt helped.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
That's why people think this poo poo is massaged.

Communities have never been saltier, project is in an awful spot, yet the variance on these sales are so miniscule.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 26, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxixsVhSCLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE6Z59lQT_c

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Clearly, the true true believers are all lurkers who make up a silent majority which are happy with how things are going and have gone.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

trucutru posted:

Expect a space motorbike that is just a giant railgun with a commando on top soon.

This already exists in a much better game that is both cool, good, and developed by a goon - Brigador

Gameplay of an insane guy tackling the highest difficulty in said space motorbike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thesx2R9kU4

Das Butterbrot fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 26, 2017

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Das Butterbrot posted:

This already exists in a much better game that is both cool, good, and developed by a goon - Brigador

Gameplay of an insane guy tackling the highest difficulty in said space motorbike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thesx2R9kU4

You can also drive a Killdozer. :killdozer:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
god drat, the stimperor has been busy this weekend

AP posted:

Sale is going very well, it's amazing that people still believe, though the relatively long period between this and the last LTI concept sale at Christmas has no doubt helped.

I like to think the sale is going so well because it's literally the only thing of substance they've put out regarding progress on this mess within these past few months. Naturally because of this, it means they deserve money. I also wonder if its just new people who came across this game at the right time for the sale to open up. Is there a correlation graph between new users and the current sale?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SatoshiNakamoto posted:

Oh, I also proposed to my gf of 5 years and she said yes. We're to be married next fall or so.

Real dating didn't start until 2013.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Communities have never been saltier, project is in an awful spot, yet the variance on these sales are so miniscule.

*is at the end of his rope from the deception, delays, managerial incompetence and misrepresentation*

*reluctantly hands over thousands of dollars more*

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
edit: old embers

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 26, 2017

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
I didn't know what Findom (financial domination) was until a couple of days ago but it makes so much sense re: shitizen whales.

Some of these saddos WANT to have their money wasted and have it rubbed in their faces.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
could be a few of the slaves at CIG taking their pay in jpegs

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'm happy about this amazing sale. The idiots buying more ships now probably deserve being hosed and the amount of cash means there's a better chance we'll live to see another citizencon and gamescom

I for one look forward to another pre-rendered trailer vid running while chris paws at his gamepad :allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Soo uh here's a new powerpoint thingy. So, you'll see the amount of progress we've made over the last year is err astounding really, especially in the backend y'know improvements and such. So the new 3 point zero has been significantly expanded since the last time I stood here but there's a very good chance we'll get it out in a couple- uh before long I mean

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm happy about this amazing sale. The idiots buying more ships now probably deserve being hosed and the amount of cash means there's a better chance we'll live to see another citizencon and gamescom

I just want another amazing Gamescom stream like last time, I want to stay realistic and not get my hopes up that there will be a Citizen Con 2017 too.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly think theres gonna be a Citcon 18'. But it might be a stream.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Citcon 18, a 6h power point slideshow about spectrum 2.0

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

And 6 new concept sales

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Get taxed

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

I just want another amazing Gamescom stream like last time, I want to stay realistic and not get my hopes up that there will be a Citizen Con 2017 too.

They should announce citcon date and venue and things soon right? Or is that stuff already sorted?

e: it's in Frankfurt :getin:

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 26, 2017

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
The trouble is, the longer this poo poo-show crawls on, the more snails-pace 'progress' CIG makes towards the crappy MVP they're going to eventually dump on the backers and the less chance of us getting a dramatic conclusion to this and any form of 'justice' being delivered to those who've lied and swindled for all these years.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Wrecked Angle posted:

The trouble is, the longer this poo poo-show crawls on, the more snails-pace 'progress' CIG makes towards the crappy MVP they're going to eventually dump on the backers and the less chance of us getting a dramatic conclusion to this and any form of 'justice' being delivered to those who've lied and swindled for all these years.

Whoever told you that you live in a universe where justice exists, well, you shouldn't listen to them anymore

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Mirificus posted:

Traditional Retail vs Crowd Funded Projects

Cutting out retail and publisher margin, okay, fair enough. But why do they think that the direct PC model requires $6 of marketing/sales promotion versus $18 for physical publisher sales?

In fact, looking back on the SC project so far, it seems more like:

Direct PC model:
Development: $6
Marketing and demos for sales promotion: $48 to $51
Kickstarter fee: $3 to $6
$60 ($45 fresh cash)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

That butt plug is clueless. Which comes as no surprise.

Not only are we already certified/approved (aside from the fact that claiming a game is approved by console manufacturers, when it is isn't, is a sure fine way to get blacklisted) XBox and PS4 devs, we actually released an XB1 game back in Dec 2015.

And you don't go through cert unless and until the game is finished. Then MS gets to run it through cert for compliance.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
A moment of silence for Bill Paxton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzov33tgfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

2017 can go gently caress itself already