Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

When people in this and the previous thread say that they "paid off" things that they've ordered or that it's "paid for" do they just mean that the charges have appeared on their account statement or are people actually taking out loans so that they can get their pre-orders in before stock runs out? It's really weird phrasing compared to just saying "I ordered Zelda" and I keep seeing it over and over.

Went instore at 11 AM the day after the Nintendo Switch conference and preordered one of the 13 Switches allotted to my local Gamestop along with a copy of the Zelda Special Edition. I only paid $55 dollars and was completely able to pay off the entire thing but I figured I'd just pay off the rest when I went to pick the things up and last Friday I was wanting to ask if they were doing a midnight release so I went in there to ask and hey might as well just pay off the rest of my balance and boom, there we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Infinitum posted:

Oh good we're having this discussion again.

It was my plan all along. Hail Satan.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Healbot posted:

You should stick to reposting your FE wall of text.

It's poor form to repost your own stuff. I am a stickler for netiquette.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I am going to replace my kickstand with a custom one made from the bones of orphans who never found a forever home

Or i'll just make one at work out of aluminum or something

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

tsob posted:

What confirmed non launch day games are people looking forward to? Beyond the obvious Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'm at least looking forward to The Binding of Isaac:Afterbirth+, ARMS, Disgaea 5 Complete, Stardew Valley, Jackbox Party 3, Sonic Mania and maybe Oceanhorn and Dragon Quest X.
Sonic Mania (although will probably wait to see what initial impressions are like), Disgaea 5 Complete, Dragon Quest Heroes I+II, Fire Emblem Warriors, Project Octopath Traveler, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, maybe Has-Been Heroes. Oh, and Dragon Quest XI also.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
How do you even repost things that are in locked threads

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Went instore at 11 AM the day after the Nintendo Switch conference and preordered one of the 13 Switches allotted to my local Gamestop along with a copy of the Zelda Special Edition. I only paid $55 dollars and was completely able to pay off the entire thing but I figured I'd just pay off the rest when I went to pick the things up and last Friday I was wanting to ask if they were doing a midnight release so I went in there to ask and hey might as well just pay off the rest of my balance and boom, there we go.

I had no idea you could preorder without paying for it but that's way simpler than anything I was thinking of.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I had no idea you could preorder without paying for it but that's way simpler than anything I was thinking of.
I just had to pay €20 for a pre-order. I don''t preorder things often but this is the first time I've ever had to put money down on something.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Is the Swatch out yet

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Just wait till someone tames a Guardian.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mega64 posted:

Why not..

*looks around at the crowd, raising my eyebrows*

switch(!)

*click*

to a different discussion?

*SPLATOON 2*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mega64 posted:

Why not switch to a different discussion?

Like, will it void the warranty if I mod my Nintendo Switch's kickstand? That's the sole thing preventing me from buying one right now.

Glue a game card holder to that poo poo

tsob posted:

What confirmed non launch day games are people looking forward to? Beyond the obvious Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I'm at least looking forward to The Binding of Isaac:Afterbirth+, ARMS, Disgaea 5 Complete, Stardew Valley, Jackbox Party 3, Sonic Mania and maybe Oceanhorn and Dragon Quest X.

Puyo Puyo Tetris, Taiko no Tatsujin, Isaac, Stardew Valley, and all the obvious poo poo

enojy fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 26, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Infinitum posted:

Oh good we're having this discussion again.

~and it's completely your own fault~

tsob posted:

I'm going to buy Afterbirth+, Super Mario Odyssey, MK8 Deluxe, Puyo Puyo Tetris (or JPN Tetris as non-racists say) and Sonic Mania. Maybe Ultra SF2 TFC.

As far as further out stuff, I am windmill slamming my cash on the counter for Pokemon Stars, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem 2018 and Project Octopath Traveler.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm now even more hopeful that I will be able to travel the world on a donkey.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

enojy posted:

Taiko no Tatsujin

oh god did i forget about this, is that real

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Like, will it void the warranty if I mod my Nintendo Switch's kickstand? That's the sole thing preventing me from buying one right now.

You gonna bedazzle that poo poo?

tsob posted:

What confirmed non launch day games are people looking forward to?

Aside from buying literally all things Nintendo..

I am very much looking forward to all things couch coop, couch multiplayer, and party game related.
- Jackbox Party Pack 3
- Ultimate Chicken Horse
- Rocket League (Potentially)
- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Hoping it has a pure Tetris mode!)

There are a bunch of platformers like Yooka-Laylee, Snake Pass, Rime, Sonic Mania, etc I'm also interested in.

Think I'll eventually pickup Binding of Isaac and Shovel Knight depending on the price point on a sale.

Skyrim could be very very good, but would like to see a review or two for it first and what version they'll end up using.

Just really really excited for indie games in general this time around, as we're seeing the kind of support the PS4+Xbone have had for years FINALLY on a Nintendo console.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned anywhere before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJ3UhQ9c7w

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

Best Buy tried to charge me for my Switch last night but Discover looked at the charge and was like "hmm, lelandjs has only made 3-4 $200+ purchases from this retailer in the past two years, this must be a fraudulant charge!" and locked my card.

I unlocked it and "updated" my payment info with Best Buy but I'm not optimistic I'm getting my Switch on launch day now.

At least it wasn't Best Buy that hosed me out of my preorder I guess?

Order status is now in "Preparing" so looks like I'll be ok after all! I won't poo poo up the thread with order status stuff anymore I promise.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Infinitum posted:

- Puyo Puyo Tetris (Hoping it has a pure Tetris mode!)

It does. There's even a quickplay menu at the title screen where you can select Tetris, Puyo, or both without ever entering the main menu.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

tsob posted:

Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Stardew Valley, Fire Emblem Warriors, Fire Emblem 2018 (maybe. if it's more like older FE games than Fates, though that's unlikely), Xenoblade 2, Octopath.

The inevitable Pokemon and Smash too, but those haven't been confirmed.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Super Mario Odyssey is gonna be the best Mario game ever made, and I say that as someone who's favorite Mario game is 3D World

Splatoon 2, MK8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Project Sonic 2017, Yooka-Laylee, and Xenoblade 2 are all gonna own bones

And of course, I'm hotly anticipating the next Smash Bros. game

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

I've had my Switch + BOTW preordered through in-store pickup at Best Buy since day 1. They have not charged my credit card yet. Is this normal? I was always under the impression that they charged upon pick up in store.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Takoluka posted:

It does. There's even a quickplay menu at the title screen where you can select Tetris, Puyo, or both without ever entering the main menu.

This owns bones.
Instant purchase.

I like the concept of Puyo Puyo Vs Tetris, but sometimes a guy just wants to play some pure out-and-out Tetris

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, I kind of like that Gamestop charges your card when you put money down. At least I know that my card's already been processed and I'm good.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

pissdude posted:

I've had my Switch + BOTW preordered through in-store pickup at Best Buy since day 1. They have not charged my credit card yet. Is this normal? I was always under the impression that they charged upon pick up in store.

I used PayPal credit for my store pickup order and they charged it right away.

St. Blaize
Oct 11, 2007
How does GameStop confirm that the person picking up a preorder is the one who made it? As far as I can tell the only info they got from me is my phone number. Do they check against the card I paid with?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Just need some text for this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/YkSb66t.mp4

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Now THAT is peak thirsty Nintendo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Yeah Horizon looks and sounds really good from reviews so I'll give it a whirl after I finish Zelda. I would have gotten NieR but, well, Zelda. Sorry Yoko Taro.

Yeah, new console + Zelda was pretty much the perfect storm that prevented me from buying NieR.

irlZaphod posted:

Racism doesn't exist in Australia, Infinitum is the real victim here.

Doesn't Australia have that secret prison island off the coast that the citizens are legally bound not to talk about?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanking Mama

"Cup the balls!"
"GOOD!"
"Just like Mama!"

"No no no!"
"Don't wrench to the side!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

Doesn't Australia have that secret prison island off the coast that the citizens are legally bound not to talk about?

You mean New Zealand? :v:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

Just need some text for this

Shake the Joycon to feel the balls

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wait wait wait, what sorcery is this!? I thought the Switch couldn't stand up on its kickstand, I mean, I saw that CNET video and everything!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Infinitum posted:

This owns bones.
Instant purchase.

I like the concept of Puyo Puyo Vs Tetris, but sometimes a guy just wants to play some pure out-and-out Tetris

It owns enough that I'm buying a third copy of the game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Wait wait wait, what sorcery is this!? I thought the Switch couldn't stand up on its kickstand, I mean, I saw that CNET video and everything!

*places Switch on top of dryer*
"Look how flimsy it is!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB0Vcft7uA

Also the best thing about the cnet video is when he takes the joycons out and physically knocks the switch over to make it look like it fell on its own :allears:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

St. Blaize posted:

How does GameStop confirm that the person picking up a preorder is the one who made it? As far as I can tell the only info they got from me is my phone number. Do they check against the card I paid with?

ID and the card you paid with, if I remember correctly. Might need the receipt from when you paid it off too.

Infinitum posted:

Also the best thing about the cnet video is when he takes the joycons out and physically knocks the switch over to make it look like it fell on its own :allears:

I also enjoy when he places like 40 lbs of pressure on top of the Switch to snap the kickstand off.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 26, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But for real.

What is shaping up to be one of the best Zelda games ever made in less than 4 days

http://i.imgur.com/j3ovgwf.mp4

GET
HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Infinitum posted:

But for real.

What is shaping up to be one of the best Zelda games ever made in less than 4 days

http://i.imgur.com/j3ovgwf.mp4

GET
HYPE

"Hyped", please use the english language correctly when you're talking about Zelda.

• Locked thread