Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

I can probably deal with that. I assume the beginning is just the end of the anime, essentially?

More or less.

The major change is that Kouji goes full ham and grabs Mazin Power, which causes the Mazinger to evolve into the Mazinger Zero and he effortlessly nukes Hades. Dr. Hell shows up and begins taunting Kouji about how this was all planned and he's just a part of the Mazinger, a tool used by his father, and this makes Kouji hesitate and the Mazinger Zero senses his weakness and begins absorbing him. He runs off and that ends the pre-shared stage plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

More or less.

The major change is that Kouji goes full ham and grabs Mazin Power, which causes the Mazinger to evolve into the Mazinger Zero and he effortlessly nukes Hades. Dr. Hell shows up and begins taunting Kouji about how this was all planned and he's just a part of the Mazinger, a tool used by his father, and this makes Kouji hesitate and the Mazinger Zero senses his weakness and begins absorbing him. He runs off and that ends the pre-shared stage plot.

Awesome, thanks. I was in a nasty position of having to basically choose that route or the Amalgam one, which I want to do since I didn't play Z3.2 and thus didn't get to do the FMP finale stuff I'm assuming it did.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Anyone managed to complete Nine's save skit request to get 25 aces by mission 49 (the one where you reach Iscandar, was told it was 49) yet? People speculate it might lead to a secret mission/route/ending.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 26, 2017

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Brunom1 posted:

Anyone managed to complete Nine's save skit request to get 25 aces by mission 49 (the one where you reach Iscandar, was told it was 49) yet? People speculate it might lead to a secret mission/route/ending.

Did a double check on my clear (and removed the ones who I know got aced after 49) and I did not make it. This time, however...

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So did anybody else get a secret stage the stage after you get Mazinger Zero? It was an Eva stage and I got Units 8 and 13. I assume Unit 13 was the secret and I'd have gotten 8 regardless but I just wanted to check.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Stage 20's SR Point also appears to be mistranslated. It says 'Kill 20 enemies before Kodai reaches the objective point' but I only got the Point after I killed everyone, not just 20 units.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
The Ace Pilots requirement is indeed the true ending.

I have also compiled a list of the secrets.

Phase Transition Cannon for Nadesico (Ace Ruri)
Bonta-kun (Unknown)
Jerid, Yazan, Full Frontal, Lane (Not known, but apparently you get them anyways on the true route.
Jill (Ace Ange)
FA ZZ (Ace Judau, fight Marida with Judau on stage 23)
Missile Pod Xi Gundam (Ace Hathaway, defeat several enemies with Hathaway before defeating Lane with Hathaway)
Peacock Smasher for X1 (Unknown)
EVA-13 (Defeat the Angels with Shinji)
VangRay II (Defeat the Rival with the Hero)
Black Might Gaine (I'm unsure. I think it's 'Go the Japan route, on stage 17B defeat Joe with ONLY Mightgaine)
Melida Ditz (Defeat Melida with Yamamoto, apparnetly)
Yamato's Wave Motion Cannon (Apparently otherwise only usable on stage 47 and true route? I'm not sure if I read this right).
Alpha Aziel (Unknown)
Maybe more.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pureauthor posted:

Stage 20's SR Point also appears to be mistranslated. It says 'Kill 20 enemies before Kodai reaches the objective point' but I only got the Point after I killed everyone, not just 20 units.
That doesn't even seem like a mistranslation at that point.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BTW if you think something is wrong with a SR point translation, you can reference the original Japanese here:

http://ds-can.com/srw_v/story/01-10.html

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Pureauthor posted:

BTW if you think something is wrong with a SR point translation, you can reference the original Japanese here:

Nice, they didn't have some of the B routes when I checked yesterday.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Anyone know of a page with the known events that trigger the +TacP stuff at the Factory? Looking at that link, it doesn't seem like they've those listed just yet (Google didn't give me anything, either).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Brunom1 posted:

Does it count if they have Proud Ace to become an ace at a lower total? (I can see using it to sneak the last couple in...)

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Quick question, I'm assuming I'm going to need a sing psn to redeem the day one dlc that comes packed in with the game?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

zeroskippy posted:

Quick question, I'm assuming I'm going to need a sing psn to redeem the day one dlc that comes packed in with the game?

Yes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kchama posted:

The Ace Pilots requirement is indeed the true ending.

I have also compiled a list of the secrets.

Phase Transition Cannon for Nadesico (Ace Ruri)
Bonta-kun (Unknown)
Jerid, Yazan, Full Frontal, Lane (Not known, but apparently you get them anyways on the true route.
Jill (Ace Ange)
FA ZZ (Ace Judau, fight Marida with Judau on stage 23)
Missile Pod Xi Gundam (Ace Hathaway, defeat several enemies with Hathaway before defeating Lane with Hathaway)
Peacock Smasher for X1 (Unknown)
EVA-13 (Defeat the Angels with Shinji)
VangRay II (Defeat the Rival with the Hero)
Black Might Gaine (I'm unsure. I think it's 'Go the Japan route, on stage 17B defeat Joe with ONLY Mightgaine)
Melida Ditz (Defeat Melida with Yamamoto, apparnetly)
Yamato's Wave Motion Cannon (Apparently otherwise only usable on stage 47 and true route? I'm not sure if I read this right).
Alpha Aziel (Unknown)
Maybe more.

I get Jerid and Yazan without getting Frontal and Lane and got Peacock Smasher for X1 without ever touching Crossbone stuff.

... also Unit 13 seems like it'd be a downgrade compared to the upgrade -01 gets.

I'm on Stage 40 now, does anyone know the 'real' SR point objective for it?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'Defeat Shin Getter Dragon within 3 turns. Furthermore, do not defeat more than 10 enemies before that point. Shin Getter Dragon itself is counted as one of the 10 enemies'

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

ImpAtom posted:

I get Jerid and Yazan without getting Frontal and Lane and got Peacock Smasher for X1 without ever touching Crossbone stuff.

... also Unit 13 seems like it'd be a downgrade compared to the upgrade -01 gets.

How did you get those two? I only got Lane. And how does one get Frontal?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

How did you get those two? I only got Lane. And how does one get Frontal?

I went the Earth path split where they first show up and had Yazan and Jerid get a bunch of kills. I assume it was connected to that.

Pureauthor posted:

'Defeat Shin Getter Dragon within 3 turns. Furthermore, do not defeat more than 10 enemies before that point. Shin Getter Dragon itself is counted as one of the 10 enemies'

That is such a stupid goddamn translation error.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry, let me clarify. You get them at 40 normally if you get the secrets. Otherwise, you can get them on 51B, from what I could find.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
What's the total mission count, anyway?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kchama posted:

Sorry, let me clarify. You get them at 40 normally if you get the secrets. Otherwise, you can get them on 51B, from what I could find.

Right, I got them at 40.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Are there any Combination Attacks other than the ones from Shinn and Luna?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The man called M posted:

Kira and Athrun, Urd Strike, and I think Daitarn and Zambot get one?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The man called M posted:

Yeah, quite a few. Shinn and Luna get a second one later on, Kira and Athrun have two each, Daitarn and Zambot have two, the FMP guys have a group attack, and I've probably missed some others.

Weirdly it doesn't seem like Cross Ange has one despite all but screaming for it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The man called M posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzmmBv-lHk
Here you go.

It also contains the various summon attacks, like Mao calling in a couple of (I think, never really went far into the FMP novels myself) remote controlled M6s and Nigel calling in the other Tri-Stars.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Just got my paycheck and I thought I'd get the full DLC pack, but SGD cards are out of stock everywhere! :psyduck:

Anyone knows where they're still selling 15SGD cards digitally?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Reached the Might Gaine levels and I just realised how the translation can't make up its mind if it's Nouvelle Tokyo or Nubel Tokyo.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Reached the Might Gaine levels and I just realised how the translation can't make up its mind if it's Nouvelle Tokyo or Nubel Tokyo.

The translation is better than I expected but desperately desperately needed an editor to normalize terms. They use the Atlus translation for skills in some places and not others for example which really reeks of having multiple translators and nobody to term-check them.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Super Robot Wars V posted:

PLAN-1056 Chodar I

I take it back.

Every good thing I said about this translation, I take it all back.

This is terrible.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Supremezero posted:

I take it back.

Every good thing I said about this translation, I take it all back.

This is terrible.

Nope, that's actually correct.

Chodar is another name of Belial and Amalgam has a thing for using demons' names in their units.

(I also thought it was Codarl until, like, two years ago.)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Brunom1 posted:

Nope, that's actually correct.

Chodar is another name of Belial and Amalgam has a thing for using demons' names in their units.

(I also thought it was Codarl until, like, two years ago.)

:psyboom:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do Mao and Kurz never get anything but M9s through the whole novel series and/or this game? Don't they feel screwed out of the fancy custom robots that Sosuke, Cruzo and all the enemies get?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do Mao and Kurz never get anything but M9s through the whole novel series and/or this game? Don't they feel screwed out of the fancy custom robots that Sosuke, Cruzo and all the enemies get?

Not sure about the novels but unless there's a secret I missed, M9s are all they get.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Oh my god these Cross Ange girls are terrible people why didn't I do the Might Gaine route

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MechaX posted:

Oh my god these Cross Ange girls are terrible people why didn't I do the Might Gaine route
Yeah you hosed up, on the other route I stopped a woman from stealing all the natto in Japan just because she hates natto.

Might Gaine definitely has the least threatening robot anime villains I have ever seen. I mean, she has little winking kitties on her shoulder pads!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Kurz gets a Shadow at the very end of the books but yeah, M9s are it for Mao.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Must...bear with it... Need...to complete...scenario chart... Must...not...make all of them suicide into every single enemy because THEY ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

Edit: And I hate Tusk as well, but that's because he's incompetent comic relief.

Inferno-sama fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 26, 2017

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Inferno-sama posted:

Must...bear with it... Need...to complete...scenario chart... Must...not...make all of them suicide into every single enemy because THEY ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

So it's Seinfeld or Always Sunny in Philadelphia only with anime chicks in mecha?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My new favorite DLC mission involves the Cross Ange crew getting called out by Beecha of all people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Midjack posted:

Kurz gets a Shadow at the very end of the books but yeah, M9s are it for Mao.

Did they never, like, get around to making an M10 or something. The US military was using M6's, and Mithril jumped to M9s, did they really never come up with anything past that that wasn't just a super one-off like Arbalest and Laevateinn?

Come to think of it, were M8's and 7's even a thing? Did they just jump from M4 to M6 to M9?

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread