Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, I thought Buu was stronger than Beerus around the time he ate all the Kaioshins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wuxi posted:

Wait, I thought Buu was stronger than Beerus around the time he ate all the Kaioshins?

Nope. Buu has never been stronger then Beerus unless Vegito was laughably more powerful than him from the jump.

Beerus was just asleep when Buu was on his rampages earlier, or allowed Buu to do what he wanted since he was doing his job for him.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Stairmaster posted:

answering questions about the plot the show is setting up is not fan service, my dude.

In this post-LOST era of Event Television, it kinda is. loving just tell who the man in the high tower is, I don't care about this Nazi crap!

Combat Lobster posted:

He looks like one of the alien dudes from that Halo game. The ones in the hover chairs.

I was thinking Mass Effect, but I had the wrong game. Thanks.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 26, 2017

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Burkion posted:

Nope. Buu has never been stronger then Beerus unless Vegito was laughably more powerful than him from the jump.

Beerus was just asleep when Buu was on his rampages earlier, or allowed Buu to do what he wanted since he was doing his job for him.

Considering how close he came to killing off the Kaioshins and then thus Beerus himself you would think he would be a bit more interested.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HitTheTargets posted:

In this post-LOST era of Event Television, it kinda is.
Say what you will about how effective it was, but at least in Lost the inability to find easy answers to questions was kind of the point until it got weird about it and said trying to find difficult answers was bad too.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Electric Phantasm posted:

This guy reminds me someone, but I can't place my finger on who.

Randall from Monster Inc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kithkar posted:

Considering how close he came to killing off the Kaioshins and then thus Beerus himself you would think he would be a bit more interested.

zzzzzzz

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The numbers he threw out weren't like average power levels or something. It's quality of life or some poo poo.

Kild fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 26, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

OB_Juan posted:

I feel like once U7 manages to survive this arc, Gohan will figure out the criteria that Zen uses to judge universes, and spend his time going around improving U7, so they don't have to deal with that any more.

Sounds like a massive waste of time since Goku will have punched both Zenos to death by then.

Be like if the Frieza saga ended with everyone joining his army in return for keeping Earth intact.

All gods angels and above must die.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Well, that's certainly the Trunks solution.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

Sounds like a massive waste of time since Goku will have punched both Zenos to death by then.

Be like if the Frieza saga ended with everyone joining his army in return for keeping Earth intact.

All gods angels and above must die.

Not Zeno's fault our universes are full of assholes. Maybe the Kais fro. 2-4 , 6&7, and 9-11 should do their jobs.

And if we're commiting deicide, GoDs need go as well because Beerus is an irresponsible piece of poo poo.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 26, 2017

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Why do people think the level is not fight power related

when they are holding a tournament of fights to see who gets to stick around, and the universes with the biggest levels don't have to fight

like, did I miss a line somewhere?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

Not Zeno's fault our universes are full of assholes.

Zeno has no idea what's in the universes he's going to obliterate.

He's never even seen fights before.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lunatic Sledge posted:

when they are holding a tournament of fights to see who gets to stick around, and the universes with the biggest levels don't have to fight

It's a prize for the tournament Goku insisted they have.

If everything were fight-power related the idea of a tournament might have come up before (and not been quickly forgotten).

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Because "Quality" is a rather bizarre word to use when describing power level, don't you think? The only reason they're even having a tournament is because Zeno was going to just destroy the eight shittiest universes until Goku brought up a multiverse tournament. Now one gaggle of assholes has a chance to save themselves.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzdsEsbkbic

Well this is pretty dank.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh My GOD the Hercule voice

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

"How did you get so strong?!"
"With push-ups, sit-ups, and plenty of juice!"

the best Vegeta line is officially canon, lmao

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Why didn't they show that version on TV?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Why didn't they show that version on TV?

Might have been a Toei decision?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mondo cool.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Herms' opinion on the rankings

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/status/835917663142498304

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shinjobi posted:

Mondo cool.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

oh my god

oh my god

oh my god

it's everything i wanted :allears:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'I'm sending you to the Next Dimension!'

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Why would Zeno be impressed by the fighting abilities of low level mortals, if "mortal level" has nothing to do with fighting power?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because DBZ fans are in deep denial that power levels are a thing. In fact the most important thing.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also lol that Zeno, an imbecile child who can barely string a sentence of more than four words together, has sat down and worked out a mathematical formula to compare the relative merits of the populations of each universe. I'm gonna be really surprised if the High Priest isn't pulling the strings and manipulating the Zenos to pursue his own agenda.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Why would Zeno be impressed by the fighting abilities of low level mortals, if "mortal level" has nothing to do with fighting power?

Would you expect, say, some redneck rear end in a top hat from bum gently caress nowhere to be able to fight as impressively as a professionally trained pugilist from a wealthy country?

And if they did, would you not be surprised?

Not saying strength plays zero part in the equation, but a universe's mortal ranking isn't solely, or even primarily, about power levels.

Also, if it were about Power Levels, Beerus and Shin's argument makes no sense.

multijoe posted:

Also lol that Zeno, an imbecile child who can barely string a sentence of more than four words together, has sat down and worked out a mathematical formula to compare the relative merits of the populations of each universe. I'm gonna be really surprised if the High Priest isn't pulling the strings and manipulating the Zenos to pursue his own agenda.

I get the feeling this either ends in "You will be destroyed... In X amount of years unless you've got your poo poo together by then."

Or

"Your universes have been destroyed. The people are still around, we've just isolated all of you assholes in a single universe."

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 26, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't think a show like Dragonball would make a ranking like this and then base it off something other than power. It doesn't really matter anyway since they're talking about an average, and Goku literally rivals gods at this point.

multijoe posted:

I really don't think so. He, like all the other angels, does not give an iota of a gently caress about the universes or anything that goes on within them. I feel like Zeno has the mentality of a kid, but is fully aware of the position he (they're?) in, and is fully capable of doing that sort of thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Power levels are so goddamned important that we had enemies with infinity power after Frieza died and they weren't even the strongest. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What they need to do is mass produce General Rilldo, as he has the strength of Kid Buu.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

Would you expect, say, some redneck rear end in a top hat from bum gently caress nowhere to be able to fight as impressively as a professionally trained pugilist from a wealthy country?

also there's a difference between "destroy instantly with 0 effort" and "have a rad space kung fu fight"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Momomo posted:

I don't think a show like Dragonball would make a ranking like this and then base it off something other than power. It doesn't really matter anyway since they're talking about an average, and Goku literally rivals gods at this point.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Yinlock posted:

also there's a difference between "destroy instantly with 0 effort" and "have a rad space kung fu fight"

"And here we thought these jackasses were just going to throw their poo poo at one another until someone got an eye infection. Color us impressed."

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like how goku is super into it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

as far as we can see earth is the most technologically developed planet in universe 7 so maybe the ranking is some sort of HDI thing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I hope TFS gets some of the official dubbers to voice the reenactment for DBZA :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

as far as we can see earth is the most technologically developed planet in universe 7 so maybe the ranking is some sort of HDI thing.

we already know that's not true based on the poo poo frieza had

• Locked thread