Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pablo Bluth posted:

I'm not sure the red stripes quite work but otherwise it's a massive improvement over the old one (or it is at least fresh air).

It works. It makes the car look like a loving can of red bull cola.

Dude I swear some of you have the worst eye for design I've ever seen in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Literally looks like a can of Red Bull.

It's alright.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yes

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

No I think the car would look better without the red stripe. The generally shape of the car looks p. good though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Countdown to another team protesting the silver on the grounds that it's "too shiny" and "blinding the other drivers in direct sunlight"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Countdown to another team protesting the silver on the grounds that it's "too shiny" and "blinding the other drivers in direct sunlight"

I'll loving stab someone

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think it will be seb after he bins it anywhere near kvyat.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol once again that Red Bull has two teams on the grid.

Ferrari should just deliver a dumptruck full of cash to Sauber and just go all out. Scuderia Sauber.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh holy poo poo

I appreciate where they were going with this but I hate it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can we go back to talking about the bad McLaren we all agreed on?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
McLaren has the livery of a team that's going to dominate the motorsport news reel in 4 months time because they're going into administration and then a month later when there are no buyers and everything gets sold. You will then walk by an empty shell of a "generic F1 car" on display to the entrance of Heathrow and you realize it used to be that team... whose name you can't even remember anymore cause it underwent 4 different transitions.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I miss ron

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh holy poo poo

That is a massive improvement.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I had to look up Simply Cola by Red Bull and now I'm aware of a cola made by Red Bull which was never sold in Canada and withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2011 so I literally have no way of even trying this beverage.

That brand awareness though... marketing works.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I miss ron

Remember when Ron would do stupid poo poo and you'd think, "That's our Ron!" And now it's just like...what the gently caress is this team? It's certainly not McLaren.

Wirth1000 posted:

I had to look up Simply Cola by Red Bull and now I'm aware of a cola made by Red Bull which was never sold in Canada and withdrawn from the U.S. market in 2011 so I literally have no way of even trying this beverage.

That brand awareness though... marketing works.

It tasted a lot like dollar store RC Cola.

wicka fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 26, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I can't like the Toro Rosso because it's Red Bull but if it had no association with Red Bull I would like it a lot.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I tasted a lot like dollar store RC Cola.

Are you sure she just didn't have a swig of RC Cola just before?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Using 2 primary colours is bad. I think it's almost as bad as the Force India.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

I tasted a lot like dollar store RC Cola.

I remember liking it when I tried it, but it was more expensive than a bottle of Mexican coke so gently caress that.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Actually, it looks good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

A lot of you liked that lovely sauber that looked like a no name GP2 car.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Wow, relax man. gently caress. No need to get aggravated about differing opinions here you big butthurt baby.

Here, have a sip of my tasty beverage...

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

literally nobody did, you're losing your mind.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm just having fun guys. We're taking about paint.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Holy loving poo poo, that Toro Rosso is beautiful.

The only car I don't like is Force India's, and my only real gripe in general is how long the wheelbases are (the Mercedes in particular looks like a boat). I can live with the dick noses, as I find them much more palatable than the step noses or the awful rear wings of the last 8 years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

The noses are a lot better. I actually like the Renault one even though it's a Clit Nose.

The Force India nose is bad. And the entire car is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Wow, relax man. gently caress. No need to get aggravated about differing opinions here you big butthurt baby.

Here, have a sip of my tasty beverage...

It tasted like liquid rear end.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will also say that the Red Bull teams and Ferrari seem to be the only guys who know what to do with the shark fin as far as the livery goes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I was about to say I actually really like the STR livery but....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gallery-f1-2017-toro-rosso-str12-in-full-detail-877487/

It looks god awful on track.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Those tiny supports that hold the front wings onto the noses makes me think we will see a lot of them falling off this year

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Christ there have been some lovely photographers out on the tracks this week. They didn't spend 30 seconds setting the White Balance before taking those pictures so all the reds are well off. It probably looks much more like the studio shots in real life.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Christ there have been some lovely photographers out on the tracks this week. They didn't spend 30 seconds setting the White Balance before taking those pictures so all the reds are well off. It probably looks much more like the studio shots in real life.

I'd really assume these are paid photographers who know what they're doing and the cars just look like poo poo on track.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I miss ron

Me too, man

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

McLaren has the livery of a team that's going to dominate the motorsport news reel in 4 months time because they're going into administration and then a month later when there are no buyers and everything gets sold. You will then walk by an empty shell of a "generic F1 car" on display to the entrance of Heathrow and you realize it used to be that team... whose name you can't even remember anymore cause it underwent 4 different transitions.

This is how Bernie gets back into F1

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

td4guy posted:

Sail confirmed.

Wtf, is the nose...open?

I quite like the design. I guess it's for airflow (the nose hole).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bernie and Ron will create a competing open wheel series

Im not clever enough to come up with the name of the Formula

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd really assume these are paid photographers who know what they're doing and the cars just look like poo poo on track.

I'm assuming someone's nephew has a nice camera and was prepared to do it for his portfolio because no grey card has been anywhere near those cars.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
They always look different inside/track/thru a camera. Ducati red is drat near orange in person but shows up red on the world feed.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

The Toro Rosso scheme actually looks like a GP2 car. I don't hate this.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Bernie and Ron will create a competing open wheel series

Im not clever enough to come up with the name of the Formula

GP1, obviously.

• Locked thread