Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Uroboros posted:

Sorry SRM, what I meant to say was that he looks like a high school photo.

The names on his base aren't the planets he's conquered, but schools his lacrosse team beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath Margot and Duroc (28mm, Corvus Belli) and these 3D printed scenery elements for February.

Oath complete!

Claiming Theme (Margot and Duroc as the Boss and Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3, the game that wants to be a movie), I rolled a 6! (objective markers and some jersey barriers).

I'm pretty happy with werewolf-Snake. He's even got one goggle blacked out! But white-and-silver just doesn't have any contrast to it. Margot is basically one big regretful moment.

3D printing concrete blocks gives really good results, especially the texture.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Time!

Kind of a lovely picture but I'll post a clearer one with the rest of the oath.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Oath Complete!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Time!

Kind of a lovely picture but I'll post a clearer one with the rest of the oath.

Oath Complete!

I forgot how hard it is to work with Umber Wash so things are a little browner than I'd like but on the whole it worked pretty well. I feel ready to paint my Battlecruisers and Battleship.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of February one scratch built explosion. Its made of dropfleet bits and greenstuff mostly.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of February one scratch built explosion. Its made of dropfleet bits and greenstuff mostly.

Approved! Also 'one scratch built explosion' is perhaps my favourite oath this season :)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Pash posted:

I am very curious about what you are going to do with this. Debris fields?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

Gloomhaven minis, along with plenty of glow for the theme

And the Sophotect

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath complete

Tethru Standard Bearer and Musician

Tehtru Hero (Includes: Baboon Servant!)

The hieroglyphics on the banner were my first attempt at free handing anything. I wish I could have fit more of them on there and had them a bit less blurry. Apart from that and the monkey, who I was going for a golden tamarin look with, I'm pretty happy these.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 26, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath complete

Tethru Standard Bearer and Musician

Tehtru Hero (Includes: Baboon Servant!)

The hieroglyphics on the banner were my first attempt at free handing anything. I wish I could have fit more of them on there and had them a bit less blurry. Apart from that and the monkey, who I was going for a golden tamarin look with, I'm pretty happy these.

Looking good, but those pics need your name if you want credit :)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete

Claiming Box Art for the Kurganova model on the left and It's a Rescue for the druid on the right.

http://www.ragingheroes.com/products/kst-peoples-legion-command

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Ugleb posted:

I am very curious about what you are going to do with this. Debris fields?

If I end up making other stuff for a debris field probably, otherwise it was just an experiment to see how it worked out.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

I wasn't thinking about it when I was painting, but might the figure on the left qualify for the technical challenge for February? Maybe?
I also desperately need to rebuild a photo-taking apparatus.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Looking good, but those pics need your name if you want credit :)

Woops, fixed.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Wait, I think I oathed more than an a couple of elephants....

That's more like it - 350 pikemen. I think I out modeled the rest of the thread together this month!

Go forth my 6mm minions!

Hey baby, my pike block is 18 inches long and two inches thick....

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Grey Hunter posted:

Hey baby, my pike block is 18 inches long and two inches thick....

These look great, but when I see 6mm pikes I always want to see a second row of men behind them with upright pikes for some visual depth. Shame that most game systems don't really support that.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Signal posted:

These look great, but when I see 6mm pikes I always want to see a second row of men behind them with upright pikes for some visual depth. Shame that most game systems don't really support that.

Yeah, it would be nice....

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath complete

Fun fact, the wizard got an 11th hour repaint as I hated the purple I had originally used for her dress.

E: for monthly theme I did paint the dwarf up as Gimli from the LOTR movies.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 28, 2017

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

The PHR ships took a couple of tries until I figured out the colour scheme. There's meaning behind the colours, but it's a) terribly geeky, and b) currently missing two colours until I paint some command (battleship) and generally-tricksy ships first.

Thor, of course was my challenge

Made it harder for myself by using entirely TMM. Worked pretty well (although I'd hate to do it on more than one model at a time.).

Finally, the battleship - this is probably the easiest Dropfleet model to magnetise.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I'm claiming the theme challenge for the jurnal[sic], as these bad boys are straight out of Hollywood greats like "Patton" and "The Big Red One."

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
oath complete!
Feora was a lot of fun to paint I checked out the studio job on her and saw a lot of areas where I could have done better. Trying to get a few models every month. So here's to progress.

And it only took me 30 minutes to figure out how to post images!!!

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
SO much fantastic painting on this page! (And previous one as electric hobo and SRM were obviously very efficient this month) .

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Germ posted:

:ducksiren: July Judgement!!!! In February!!!! :ducksiren:

Whose got two thumbs and is the most tardy judge ever? This guy!

Third Place (1 Point) - Dr. Gargunza Ok, so we all have our own predilections. Like, for instance, if you’re playing Apples to Apples, my family pretty much knows that, if they have the word “tentacle” or anything horror-related, I’m going to pick that card regardless of the clue. In addition to anything vaguely Lovecraftian, I also happen to really like terrain. It turns out that Dr. Gargunza not only painted terrain, but painted a huge chunk of it. And painted it pretty well. That’s worth a point in my book.

Thanks for the vote, Germ! It's been so long since I oathed anything, due to most of last year being a pile of ecchhh; this really helped lift my spirits. :)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Sky Pirates crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd

OATH COMPLETE

Cut it pretty close this month. Whipped out two of them like, yesterday haha.

Zipp, the fearless leader of the sky pirates, as they roam Malifaux in their airship. He was a lesson in some disappointments. I need to work on my NMM Bronze, and I need to work on my OSL.

Earl Burns, the imprisoned engineer who "came with" the stolen airship.

The First Mate, a Silurid in a dashing coat and hat!

The Iron Skeeters, Zipp's front line of assault.

Here's an album of WIP shots for the Iron Skeeters (Though one seems to be out of order, and I don't know how to fix it xD): http://imgur.com/a/M3Vpo

Claiming Jurnal for Zipp's explosion and the ensuing OSL. Also claimimg WIP Photos.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Oath Completed!

Here is how my Scratch Built explosion turned out, Claiming the jurnul for it.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Ah dang Im cutting it close.

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Greedo in 28mm from Fantasy Flight Games' Imperial Assault for Febuary!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Kinda. The oath is done, but with bonus super shiny Batman! Clearly Alfred went crazy with the polishing this month and managed to cover both himself and Master Bruce's new suit in an extra thick lacquer.

Or in other words, I decided they both needed another coat of matt varnish to take the sheen off the gloss undercoat and picked up the wrong bottle. Goddammit!

Claiming speed painting for the military sectors and journal for Batfleck.

Commercial Sectors

Industrial Sectors

Military Sectors

Shiny Batfleck!

Shiny Alfred!

quote:

Speed painting!

I finished all of the Military sectors so I'd like to grab a sneaky achievement if I may.

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of January:

A Cluster pack for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames in ridonculos scale.

Batman (Batfleck version) for Batman Miniatures Game by Knight Models, 35mm scale.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Mar 1, 2017

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Imgur? I too am not able to upload

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it's been a bit borked today for some reason. I noticed it was having some trouble pulling up search results, previous entries, albums, etc., so uploading might also be affected. (Nice timing, imgur.)

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

No journal this month. I did some fire, but no OSL or anything.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!
And I even managed to put my name on them this time...

Tried something new for the NMM on the boilers. I'm not happy with the result at all, but it could definitely be worse.

My Monthly Journal was to do up Cherri Bomb as Tank Girl. Pretty happy with the way her stockings turned out. The latex glove also adds a nice extra bit of 'pop' to the model.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chance II posted:

Ah dang Im cutting it close.

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Greedo in 28mm from Fantasy Flight Games' Imperial Assault for Febuary!

Approved, but please ensure your pic includes the full American Samoa line next time.

:siren: 12 hours remaining folks! :siren:

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

AWS has been screwed up today, which may be interfering with people's ability to get their stuff up on imgur/post it here.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete! I thought I had posted earlier, but apparently I didn't press submit or something. Anyways, here's my stuff

No journal this time.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

For this months challenge, I'm hoping the sudden manifestation of a glowing daemon is enough of an explosion

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

JackMack posted:

Imgur? I too am not able to upload

Yup. Went through eventually so I've edited my post. Thought I was going to be doing it through my phone during my tea break tomorrow!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren:Oath Complete! (barely!)

Claiming the Hollywood-inspired Jurnal for Z OGNJEM IN MEČEM (link), With Fire and Sword - a Polish film based on the Northern Wars!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Oath Complete!

Haha the wash is still a little wet but I'll hit it with some dullcote after it dries. Journal is Greedo. He's a movie star, right??

Edit: Dang!

Chance II fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chance II posted:

Oath Complete!

Haha the wash is still a little wet but I'll hit it with some dullcote after it dries. Journal is Greedo. He's a movie star, right??

Looks good, just add your name and it'll be complete ;)

• Locked thread