Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Heathen posted:

Or it will be Mace. The guy wants to have superpowers, but they're killing his body and the world already thinks he's Inhuman. Let his beat up old body die and transfer his mind into an LMD body which conveniently lets him have superstrength and durability like his Inhuman persona.

Yeah, this makes the most sense if they're keeping a character as an LMD. Added benefit of the audience not being as attached to him as the rest of the cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Can Mack overcome his hatred of robots to not kill Mace?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
It should totally be Mack. SHIELD would be independently funded by his robot-related death life insurance policy for years.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not hoping on anyone because that would mean I'd be rooting for someone to die and apparently I'm way too emotionally invested in these characters to want to do that.

Mace would be the easy one and I even kinda like him too much to want to see it happen.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It needs to be a room full of Wards. One gets destroyed every couple of episodes or so. The personality stays smarmy.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I'm more excited for a potential virtual Bakshi. What exciting new way will they find to ruin his cyber life?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, I know scheduling would be difficult, but I'd be so happy if Tripp came back. His death was heartbreaking and having him play Hydra agent alongside a "good guy" Hydra agent Ward would assuage that pain. Remind me of the good points in the first half of the first season, which I know a lot of you hated, but I didn't mind it.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, I know scheduling would be difficult, but I'd be so happy if Tripp came back. His death was heartbreaking and having him play Hydra agent alongside a "good guy" Hydra agent Ward would assuage that pain. Remind me of the good points in the first half of the first season, which I know a lot of you hated, but I didn't mind it.

http://mcuexchange.com/cast-listing-agents-s-h-e-l-d-signals-likely-return-fan-favorite-character/

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Fuuuck

https://twitter.com/people/status/835875525973458946

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Game over man.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Game over man.

I'm glad I posted this first in my Facebook feed because I have a feeling that everyone is going to say the same thing and I'll feel very unoriginal shortly. :(

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

poo poo, 61 is no age.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

spookygonk posted:

poo poo, 61 is no age.

Absolutely. Apparently it was some sort of surgical complications.

Still, loving sucks. Paxton was great in everything. Plus, the man faced off with a terminator, xenomorphs, and a Predator.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Damnit, that sucks. He was such a great villain in season one :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not hoping on anyone because that would mean I'd be rooting for someone to die and apparently I'm way too emotionally invested in these characters to want to do that.

Mace would be the easy one and I even kinda like him too much to want to see it happen.

I'm pleasantly surprised (as always) to see where we ended up with Mace. Even though he's a fraud as an Inhuman, he's proven time and time again he's the real deal as a hero, including his awesome speech about Inhumans deserving the same rights as everyone. His body and limited skillset just can't keep up with what he wants to do without Hyde Patriot Juice.

I hope they either fix the formula or give him cybernetics or something. I want to see The Patriot be a full time thing, Jeff's earned it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised (as always) to see where we ended up with Mace. Even though he's a fraud as an Inhuman, he's proven time and time again he's the real deal as a hero, including his awesome speech about Inhumans deserving the same rights as everyone. His body and limited skillset just can't keep up with what he wants to do without Hyde Patriot Juice.

I hope they either fix the formula or give him cybernetics or something. I want to see The Patriot be a full time thing, Jeff's earned it.

They could always do a reverse Pinocchio, real Jeff Mace gets killed but not before uploading his current personality into a new, super strong LMD.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

We can at least take solace in the fact that two more will take his place.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Jamesman posted:

We can at least take solace in the fact that two more will take his place.

I laughed.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I guess Bill Paxton won't be back for the framework. :smith: ef;b still RIP

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I guess Bill Paxton won't be back for the framework. :smith: ef;b still RIP

It is entirely possible the episodes are filmed. If cameos are really small, they may have filmed them ages ago if a particular actor is busy or in high demand.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

It is entirely possible the episodes are filmed. If cameos are really small, they may have filmed them ages ago if a particular actor is busy or in high demand.

Possible, but there wasn't any new material in the coming episodes trailer which makes me think that they're only just now filming this last pod.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

They could always do a reverse Pinocchio, real Jeff Mace gets killed but not before uploading his current personality into a new, super strong LMD.

Just as long as he doesn't get Futurama'd like the Superior. :stonk:

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Maybe it was really Bill Pullman and somebody made the mistake... Maybe... :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sir Nose posted:

Maybe it was really Bill Pullman and somebody made the mistake... Maybe... :smith:
That would be just as bad though :smith:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

achillesforever6 posted:

That would be just as bad though :smith:

I mean... I don't want to rank the death of people. That's a lovely thing to do. But Bill Pullman has been in like 1 good movie (Lost Highway). I'll grant you Spaceballs if you want so that's two...

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Tree Dude posted:

I mean... I don't want to rank the death of people. That's a lovely thing to do. But Bill Pullman has been in like 1 good movie (Lost Highway). I'll grant you Spaceballs if you want so that's two...

The original Independence Day. The sequel not so much.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

Ruthless People is great as well.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
The Serpent and the Rainbow :colbert:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Daveski posted:

The Serpent and the Rainbow :colbert:

That movie was the penultimate "based on a true story" second only to Amityville. I still love it and consider it a classic.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I really love this season but I feel like they should probably tone down the seriousness of the show storylines a little. I realize they can't do it because it would make for lovely TV but with the plot going on currently if you're using the context of the MCU/MTVU this is the sort of thing you'd want the Avengers to handle.

When you got the Darkhold as the main plot point and you have a mad scientist creating a Matrix like universe and an android who has what could be said is the most powerful mind/knowledge of the universe able to crank out these LMD and the ability to create dimensional holes it's not likely you'd leave that kind of resolution up to normal SHIELD agents.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

80s James Hetfield posted:

I really love this season but I feel like they should probably tone down the seriousness of the show storylines a little. I realize they can't do it because it would make for lovely TV but with the plot going on currently if you're using the context of the MCU/MTVU this is the sort of thing you'd want the Avengers to handle.

When you got the Darkhold as the main plot point and you have a mad scientist creating a Matrix like universe and an android who has what could be said is the most powerful mind/knowledge of the universe able to crank out these LMD and the ability to create dimensional holes it's not likely you'd leave that kind of resolution up to normal SHIELD agents.

Thank goodness the TV show and MCU are no longer in the same universe then!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Thank goodness the TV show and MCU are no longer in the same universe then!

Canonically? For real?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Honestly I'd prefer plots being handled on this show vs a giant Hollywood explosion fest. Avengers movies are always at the bottom of my movie queue, though this is one of my favorite shows.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Mymla posted:

Yeah, this makes the most sense if they're keeping a character as an LMD. Added benefit of the audience not being as attached to him as the rest of the cast.

Also makes it so they can get a new director for the next season, which they seem to like doing.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Burning_Monk posted:

Also makes it so they can get a new director for the next season, which they seem to like doing.

It's Daisy's turn.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Aleph Null posted:

Canonically? For real?

They are the same universe

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Tree Dude posted:

Serpent and the Rainbow, Zero Effect, Lake Placid

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

80s James Hetfield posted:

They are the same universe

It isn't like it matters, and it isn't just a "lol AOS is the black sheep". The Netflix series aren't referenced in the movies at all, and they seem to be taking place even before Avengers 2 (there's no Ultron mentions, no Civil War, Ant Man, etc... so it is clearly still in the aftermath of Avengers 1). Giancarlo Esposito said he was offered a part in a Marvel TV show and he really wanted to eventually portray the character in the films and according to him, they made it clear that it would never happen and even if it did, there'd be no guarantee he'd be cast in the film. Which is a shame because the petty feud between Marvel Television and Marvel Movies is just getting in the way of potentially having a great interconnected universe.

That said, some may argue that the films barely reference eachother and some times even contradict each other or gloss over storylines from previous films. So its possible that is all just wishful thinking.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

They are the same universe.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Maybe we can think of AOS as an hour long post-credits teaser once a week.

• Locked thread