Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

zen death robot posted:

I'm glad I'm a 6.5 figgie man now that the republicans will be in charge forever because people can't understand both wings of the party gotta compromise lol

lmao what is this garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

I'm glad I'm a 6.5 figgie man now that the republicans will be in charge forever because people can't understand both wings of the party gotta compromise lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I mean

(a) no they don't, the Tea Party / Trumpists never compromised and look at them
(b) how does "both wings of the party gotta compromise" keep turning into "the left has gotta compromise; the center is compromising all the time by virtue of hearing you complain about all the things we're making you compromise on"

the center is also compromising all the time in a very real sense, with the Republicans

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

give me everythign i want

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Boner Zone posted:

lmao what is this garbage?

Zdr got a job and is no longer mere coder bitch!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Coder Bitch Plus®

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

LMAO

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Homeless Friend posted:

Coder Bitch++®

(an obscure computer joke)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

Is it one or two more states before the GOP can ram through whatever constitutional amendments they wanna?

yep, and that cornerstone of centrist policy that is instant capitulation as an opening offer is sure to pay dividends aaaaaany day now

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

Is it one or two more states before the GOP can ram through whatever constitutional amendments they wanna?

i looked it up and not only do i get to vote for a republican senator & congressman in 2018, but also for a governor, state legislators, and state supreme court justices

nice

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aaaany day now. dems have a long-term strategy that is measured in eons. y'all have no idea

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Also :laffo: @ Bernie calling for people to stop telling Sessions to recuse himself and "let the process work"

You're illiterate

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Scent of Worf posted:

The DSA is cool if you want to meet other leftists and eat some pizza together or something but don't get the wrong idea and think it has any power or influence or even any strategy whatsoever. The DSA is for entertainment purposes only like chapo trap house and jacobin

incorrect

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Big Fat Iguana posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politics/perez-trump-investigation/index.html

Also :laffo: @ Bernie calling for people to stop telling Sessions to recuse himself and "let the process work"

Actually yes, let this administration hang itself. If you start interfering, the Democrats have a bad habit of absorbing Republican problems. The party chair can say whatever, really.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
We need to move more the right to get back these TRump voters, have we tried compromising with republicans and congress, mayhaps some type of grand bargain?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ace of Baes posted:

We need to move more the right to get back these TRump voters, have we tried compromising with republicans and congress, mayhaps some type of grand bargain?

we just gotta reach across the aisle one more timeeeeee

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zen death robot posted:

How much of a republican is Tom Perez

He's latino so he's at least quite racist. :grin:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zen death robot posted:

does not aim to destroy capitalism and is therefor indistinguishable

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

However much his owners tell him to be.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zen death robot posted:

the nevada culinary union loves him and they're one of the most effective unions in the country as far as getting what they want

plus it was either the teamsters or afl-cio that told obama to gently caress off when he tried to move him from labor to AG because they loved him so much

so I would say he's the equivalent of like tom cotton

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/835840193181646848

Damage control and gaslighting for 2020 begins in earnest.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

We hosed.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
article from 2015 tho

i mean it worked

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
god drat i cannot get over "butter greg"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

article from 2015 tho

i mean it worked

yes it worked, and it's highly convenient to the current Dem leadership to disseminate now.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
227 dimensional chess

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Yep yep yep. It's like, they were warned that people would be pissed, told those people to go gently caress themselves, then are upset when they are in fact pissed.

Has this Bruenig article been posted yet? Probably, but it's the clearest and most concise take I've read on why this was so dumb

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/835715130214215680

Ignoring the fact that 1. All the DNC voters are the establishment wing 2. Chuck schemer recruited Ellison in the first place 3. The "Oppo dump" was literally stuff that was in Ellison's Wikipedia article. The whole establishment/not establishment wing stuff is just totally bunk.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Going to be fun seeing Democrats freak out over the new Muslim ban fresh off throwing islamophobic smears at Ellison

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Concerned Citizen posted:

Ignoring the fact that 1. All the DNC voters are the establishment wing 2. Chuck schemer recruited Ellison in the first place 3. The "Oppo dump" was literally stuff that was in Ellison's Wikipedia article. The whole establishment/not establishment wing stuff is just totally bunk.

Which section of his wikipedia lists his traffic tickets again?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

zen death robot posted:

you got me I'm a dnc power player lol get hosed moron

zen death robot posted:

Hmm yes this attitude has nothing to do with why poor people are getting hosed yes definitely

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Nonsense posted:

yes it worked, and it's highly convenient to the current Dem leadership to disseminate now.

dems should correct the record?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

2. Chuck schemer recruited Ellison in the first place

I'm not sure this timeline adds up here

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Pack it up leftists, you lost (an election where establishment insiders and lobbyists were the only voters), it might be fun to post Carly Marx on the Twitter, but out here we live in the real world, where radical ideas like "poor people shouldn't die because they can't afford medicine" are never going to happen.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
We need to stop infighting and rally around the party's 2020 candidate, Corey Booker.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

We need to stop infighting and rally around the party's 2020 candidate, Corey Booker Joe Manchin.

Fixed.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

you almost got it but there's another man whose name starts with "jo" and ends with "in" who the left needs to rally around

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm glad Keith Ellison and Peter Buttigieg won the prize of not having to run the DNC. My condolences to Mr. Perez.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Brown Menace posted:

you almost got it but there's another man whose name starts with "jo" and ends with "in" who the left needs to rally around

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Brown Menace posted:

jodonald trumpin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:chloe: at people not backing buttigieg 2020

• Locked thread