Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Electric Phantasm posted:

This guy reminds me someone, but I can't place my finger on who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

we already know that's not true based on the poo poo frieza had

I mean...

Frieza Empire cyborg:

http://15sidharth.iisummer.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Mecha-Frieza.png

Earth cyborgs:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/123441/3154107-5.jpg

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Squidward?

Tokelau All Star fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 26, 2017

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

multijoe posted:

Also lol that Zeno, an imbecile child who can barely string a sentence of more than four words together, has sat down and worked out a mathematical formula to compare the relative merits of the populations of each universe. I'm gonna be really surprised if the High Priest isn't pulling the strings and manipulating the Zenos to pursue his own agenda.

What agenda could he possibly have? The only way up for him would be ousting Zeno somehow, and a weird death tournament doesn't seem like it would help.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He looks like a Futurama alien.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rodyle posted:

What agenda could he possibly have? The only way up for him would be ousting Zeno somehow, and a weird death tournament doesn't seem like it would help.

He could be manipulating the universes for his own end in some way which retains him being effectively god.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

He could be manipulating the universes for his own end in some way which retains him being effectively god.

Again, we can look to the Future timeline for that and see fairly conclusively that neither the HP nor anyone else in Zen's house gives a gently caress about what goes on outside.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I am definitely sticking to this being an rear end in a top hat isolation plan. Maybe Zeno, maybe the High Priest. Shove all the lovely universes into a corner so no one has to look at them.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

He wants to have Zeno destroy five universes so that they are left with seven. Then he will renumber them, and use the remaining universes to summon super shenron God super shenron to wish to be a super angel.

Then Goku will punch him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Goku can't even beat a GoD, never mind Angel Dad.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Caros posted:

He wants to have Zeno destroy five universes so that they are left with seven. Then he will renumber them, and use the remaining universes to summon super shenron God super shenron to wish to be a super angel.

Then Goku will punch him.

They're destroying 7 so they're left with 5...

Caros
May 14, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

They're destroying 7 so they're left with 5...

I thought they exempted six. Shows the gently caress that I know.

One star is zero's pocket dimension and the four star is the earth four star Dragonball. Done.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Arrak is based off of

Arrak

The turkish/arabic name for an anise liquer. Its very much like sambuca, and pretty much every eastern mediterranean country makes some form of it.

Arrak is also a generic term in arabic for any distillate.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 26, 2017

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Kazy posted:

I hope TFS gets some of the official dubbers to voice the reenactment for DBZA :allears:

I feel like Sabat would be totally down for this and also it would kill me.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

we already know that's not true based on the poo poo frieza had

what did frieza have that bulma couldn't make.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Freeza did have that tank that regenerated him from the dozen pieces he was cut into

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

Stairmaster posted:

That healing pod that basically regrew his goddamn body but at this point also it's Bulma so who knows

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like that idea that the old Dai-Kaioshin didn't consider it important to immediately tell all 4 of his underlings, when they got their job, about either the moody ultra child that they actually work for OR the moody catman and lazy angel who are supposed to be their coworkers.

Also while we're complaining about lore, why the gently caress are the gods of 6 and 7 brothers? Did Whis or Vados just find these random two lazy cat brothers fighting over something in the corner of 6 or 7, go "holy poo poo!" and they mutually agreed to throw out their current Gods in favor of Beerus and Champa?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Again, we can look to the Future timeline for that and see fairly conclusively that neither the HP nor anyone else in Zen's house gives a gently caress about what goes on outside.

One of them at least gives enough of a gently caress to organise a tournament to determine which should be purged.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

because goku asked for it and zen said ok

Stairmaster posted:

just because she could make something doesn't mean she did

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodyle posted:

I like that idea that the old Dai-Kaioshin didn't consider it important to immediately tell all 4 of his underlings, when they got their job, about either the moody ultra child that they actually work for OR the moody catman and lazy angel who are supposed to be their coworkers.

Also while we're complaining about lore, why the gently caress are the gods of 6 and 7 brothers? Did Whis or Vados just find these random two lazy cat brothers fighting over something in the corner of 6 or 7, go "holy poo poo!" and they mutually agreed to throw out their current Gods in favor of Beerus and Champa?

One of the Pride Troopers looks a lot like Beerus. It's possible they originated from Universe 11. But they have been alive for a really long time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kithkar posted:

That healing pod that basically regrew his goddamn body but at this point also it's Bulma so who knows

She probably could it'd just be useless because Friezas species is like the only one that can survive being cut into a million pieces

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kithkar posted:

That mostly relied on Frieza's own natural ability to even be alive as a collection of cubes, and the first time they revived him as a cyborg he was a pile of trash compared to what Dr. Gero made.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rodyle posted:

He probably did, Shin just wasn't listening.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

regrowing limbs would be pretty great for anyone that isn't piccolo

I bet future gohan would have dug that healing pod

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

Goku can't even beat a GoD, never mind Angel Dad.

Goku stopped trying to come up with a way to beat Beerus & co the second he realised the Gods of Destruction are just a symptom of the horror, not the cause.

He's not here to fight Vegeta, he's going to deck Frieza.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

MonsterEnvy posted:

One of the Pride Troopers looks a lot like Beerus. It's possible they originated from Universe 11. But they have been alive for a really long time.

Maybe they're an immortal species of cat-people, and Whis/Vados thought it would be best to train Gods of Destruction that weren't going to wear out after a few decades.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Congrats on winning but getting technicalitied out of a win, Gohan.

Like father, like son.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Gohan is a hard guy to understand. He loves his wife, child, and family, and knew the extreme stakes of the Tournament beforehand, after Goku explained what was going on. But when Gohan starts losing his battle, he pulls the classic: "NAH GUYS, I DON'T NEED A SENZU BEAN. I WANNA BEAT HIM USING MY OWN POWER!!!!!"

Uh, dude, if you lose the tournament, your family and universe could be erased from existence. Maybe just eat the drat senzu bean, next time? :raise:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Jedah posted:

Gohan is a hard guy to understand. He loves his wife, child, and family, and knew the extreme stakes of the Tournament beforehand, after Goku explained what was going on. But when Gohan starts losing his battle, he pulls the classic: "NAH GUYS, I DON'T NEED A SENZU BEAN. I WANNA BEAT HIM USING MY OWN POWER!!!!!"

Uh, dude, if you lose the tournament, your family and universe could be erased from existence. Maybe just eat the drat senzu bean, next time? :raise:

This tournament is an exhibition, nobody's getting blown up. They say that in the episode. So if Gohan can't win here without outside assistance, there's no way he'll be able to hack it in the real tournament.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Probably because this is an exhibition match with no stakes (beyond maybe getting killed)? No one is getting erased if they lose these matches.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm loving how everyone is on PTSD denial that power levels are back and argue that mortal ranking evaluates development and wealth

Can't wait to have Kaioshin next episode asking "Excuse me, what does mortal ranking take into consideration for ranking?" only for the High Priest to answer "Why, how good your universe is at Kung fu ofc".

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Every time I see that swole Alien dude in the intro, I get some weird All Might vibes. Maybe that new character introduced recently in the manga (dunno who reads it, so I don't wanna spoil anything).

I hope he turns out to be a righteous dude who fights for justice in an awesome way.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

He has serious inadequacy issues.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Braly: KAKAROT! WHAT IS YOUR UNIVERSE'S :argh:NINGEN:argh: LEVEL?
Goku: I dunno. Pretty big.
Braly: WELL MY UNIVERSE'S :argh:NINGEN:argh: LEVEL...IS MAXIMUM!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rodyle posted:

tbf "btw the existence of you and everyone you know depends entirely on not catching the attention of a whimsical child or psychotic cat" is kind of a heavy thing to drop on someone

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Neo_Crimson posted:

So if Gohan can't win here without outside assistance, there's no way he'll be able to hack it in the real tournament.

But we don't know what Gohan is capable of today. Even if he's become a scholar and family man, he's still Gohan. He's always been insanely powerful, even as a little boy. He beat Garlic Jr. just by being pissed off, while Goku and Piccolo were basically screwed. Ridiculous power is pretty much written into the character's DNA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDYo6x4mcVQ

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also the way Goku keeps talking about him, and treats him, he seems to think Gohan has some kind of hidden power

You know yet again.

Basically Gohan has infinite power, you just have to keep pissing him off to get him to reach it. ANd he backslides on it all the goddamn time

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

of course goku is talking like gohan has more power; gohan's a lot weaker than he was at the buu saga

e: he didn't even use ss2 in this fight lol

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Burkion posted:

Also the way Goku keeps talking about him, and treats him, he seems to think Gohan has some kind of hidden power

You know yet again.

Basically Gohan has infinite power, you just have to keep pissing him off to get him to reach it. ANd he backslides on it all the goddamn time

gohan is pretty much "what if the hulk was a pacifist"

he's unstoppable when he's mad but getting him mad is real hard

• Locked thread