Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I just want to say I absolutely love Beerus and Shin playing the blame game for why their universe is such a dumpster fire.

Shin was really a gigantic sap in DBZ but in Super he's really fun when playing off against Beerus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

I like Dragonball more than Z.

Also, it causes situations like this where everyone's talking about the Universes having power levels when the point wasn't that 7 and 9 suck in terms of strength. 7 and 9 suck because they're full of a bunch of lovely people with gods who can't do their jobs correctly.

Are you saying people with low power levels should be killed?

Do you see some sort of final solution to this problem?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Literally the Yamcha pose. :allears:

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Universe 9's Kai is a greedy, selfish rear end in a top hat whose just barely a step away from Zamasu, its denizens must feel awful if that's the person guiding its development. Dude even used the Tree of Might ffs. At least Universe 7 knows how to defend Christmas.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really don't think we should be accepting Zeno/High Priest's logic for commit universal genocides at face value. Just because you're God you can't go around destroying your own creations on a whim, I'm pretty sure there have been at least five SMT games on that subject alone.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So this all ends with Goku using his Persona to show Zeno the power of bonds.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lupus Rufus posted:

Universe 9's Kai is a greedy, selfish rear end in a top hat whose just barely a step away from Zamasu, its denizens must feel awful if that's the person guiding its development. Dude even used the Tree of Might ffs. At least Universe 7 knows how to defend Christmas.

Maybe he just takes sports super seriously.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Of course universe 1, 5, 8, and 12 have the most boring looking gods of destruction. Aside from maybe Miles Tails Prower but I'm a bit worn out on furries after universe 9 hitting us with a triple whammy.

Angel is a hell of a secure job. People say there will always be IT jobs but how about a job where even your entire universe being erased doesn't get rid of you?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 26, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm calling bullshit Gohan won that fight.

Which universes are 1, 5, 8, and 12?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm calling bullshit Gohan won that fight.

He had to stay up for a 10 count, this isn't pro-wrestling rules.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Dragonball thread.

I give you the gods of destruction who don't suck at their jobs:

Universe 1's Iwen aka Wine

Universe 5's Arak aka...Arak (The Malay word for Alcohol)

Universe 8's Liquer aka Liquer

Universe 12's Gene aka Gin aka the best drink.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I like how the longstanding fandom joke about Shin being an incompetent rookie has now been canonized and is an actual plot point.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
MasakoX's reaction to power levels coming back was identical to mine "oh no... the early 2000s internet is back..."

I hate universe 12 now because gin is poison.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pureauthor posted:

I like how the longstanding fandom joke about Shin being an incompetent rookie has now been canonized and is an actual plot point.

It was always canon that he was an out-of-his-depth rookie, and relative to Gowasu he's not so bad.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

How the hell did he get that ring on his neck?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

It was always canon that he was an out-of-his-depth rookie, and relative to Gowasu he's not so bad.

Gowasu actually seems like the type who does his job. He's just very easily backstabbed.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

TrilliontonNixon posted:

How the hell did he get that ring on his neck?

chaos emeralds

On a side note that ring looks beyond uncomfortably tight, like you wouldn't even be able to catch a good breath.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This guy reminds me someone, but I can't place my finger on who.

Rutibex posted:

He had to stay up for a 10 count, this isn't pro-wrestling rules.

Anime rules dictate the first person to stand is the winner.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 26, 2017

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He lost because the hook of "How Gohan got his mystic groove back" needed that

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Oro from Street Fighter 3? Scrafty from Pokemon? Malnourished Babidi?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaise330 posted:

Oro from Street Fighter 3? Scrafty from Pokemon? Malnourished Babidi?

No, it has mostly to do with the face. Although thinking about it massive scowl with squinting eyes is probably common.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

E.T. during his punk phase.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shin had no one to guide him; everyone he could learn from was either sealed in a sword or killed by Buu.

I don't blame the guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

No, it has mostly to do with the face. Although thinking about it massive scowl with squinting eyes is probably common.

He looks like a weird 90s cartoon thing. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from it.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Dias posted:

He looks like a weird 90s cartoon thing. At least that's the vibe I'm getting from it.

He looks like a no-name background char in the classroom of Ahh! Real Monsters

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Shin had no one to guide him; everyone he could learn from was either sealed in a sword or killed by Buu.

I don't blame the guy.

I mean right now we know that there at least 11 other Kaioshins he could have gone to for advice.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I don't blame the guy.

Which, funnily enough, is Beerus' fault. Buu's a problem he should have taken care of.

EDIT: Hell, the entire reason U7 is of such poor quality can be laid at Beerus' feet.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 26, 2017

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Dragonball thread.

I give you the gods of destruction who don't suck at their jobs:

Universe 1's Iwen aka Wine

Universe 5's Arak aka...Arak (The Malay word for Alcohol)

Universe 8's Liquer aka Liquer

Universe 12's Gene aka Gin aka the best drink.

So the ones not designed by Toriyama...

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

He looks like one of the alien dudes from that Halo game. The ones in the hover chairs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

I mean right now we know that there at least 11 other Kaioshins he could have gone to for advice.

Did he always know he could have gone to them, or did he only find out after the Old Kaioshin was freed?

I admit I haven't kept up with Super (only started watching for this arc), but in the movies he didn't even know who Beerus was, yeah?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

Which, funnily enough, is Beerus' fault. Buu's a problem he should have taken care of.

EDIT: Hell, the entire reason U7 is of such poor quality can be laid at Beerus' feet.

Failing to murder more people who don't register high on Zeno's worthiness scale is not a bad thing.

Adder Moray posted:

Gowasu actually seems like the type who does his job. He's just very easily backstabbed.

Is his job to drink tea and rile up his apprentice? If so he's the master.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Adder Moray posted:

He did his job of just sitting around perfectly well, I'm sure Shin could learn a lot from him.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

sassassin posted:

Failing to murder more people who don't register high on Zeno's worthiness scale is not a bad thing.

That depends on what the point of a universe is. Also, him NOT killing a bunch of low-levels could very well have doomed himself and his whole universe.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Do you play Dragon Quest games? There's probably a couple of monsters with a similar design.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Dragon Ball Z Megathread, in which people argue a man is bad for not destroying enough civilisations to appease a capricious, bloodthirsty god.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Look guys, we can't blame Shin for all of this. He has only been Kai for about 5 million years, thats not long enough for many new intelligent civilizations to develop. They need to extract the old Fat Kai out of Buu and take him to task, he is the one responsible for the poor state of the universe!

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

sassassin posted:

He failed to murder a galactic tyrant and a magical ball of omnicidal, god killing gum while happily offing a primitive tribe of hunter-gatherers just trying to survive for not giving their kill to him. Resulting in a universe of people that grew up in the shadow of an evil overlord with no direct guidance from their inexperienced, untrained top god.

Dai Kaioshin plus the other four could have probably made up for his slack if not for the fact he let four of the five die.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Congrats on winning but getting technicalitied out of a win, Gohan.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like once U7 manages to survive this arc, Gohan will figure out the criteria that Zen uses to judge universes, and spend his time going around improving U7, so they don't have to deal with that any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think Gohan will never do anything important again.

• Locked thread