Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ularg posted:

What would happen if Dry Bones and Red Panels got into contact with each other?
They'd immediately bond over their hatred of Muslims and become BFFs. A heartwarming tale of friendship for the ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Prism posted:

Don't be silly. There aren't any cities in Kansas other than Kansas City.

it's in missouri!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How many Bill Paxton obituary cartoons will quote "game over, man, game over"?

Prism posted:

Don't be silly. There aren't any cities in Kansas other than Kansas City.

Any city in Kansas is, by definition, a Kansas city.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
No we call the rest of Kansas the "Uninhabitable Zone"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TheHan posted:

Is this about the racist piece of poo poo that shot three men and killed one? Cause that happened in Olathe, Kansas. Granted Olathe doesn't sound nearly as catchy as Kansas City, but if you're gonna put absolutely zero time into a comic would it kill you to get at least one thing right?

Olathe is a suburb of Kansas City and is in the Kansas City metro area despite being in Kansas and not Missouri. As someone who used to live in the area I think it's fine.

Also remember that a few years ago there was a shooting at a Jewish community center in Overland Park Kansas (another suburb of Kansas City) so I think it's pretty fair to refer to the entire metro area as racist as poo poo.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's in missouri!

It's in both actually.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Be prepared for at least one "Game over man, game over!" cartoon in the next few days
e: Beaten, but in my defense I have cat mattress on ignore for reasons I can't even remember.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Saint Sputnik posted:

Be prepared for at least one "Game over man, game over!" cartoon in the next few days
e: Beaten, but in my defense I have cat mattress on ignore for reasons I can't even remember.

That's not a very good defense for your post.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

You can take people off your ignore list, you know. Unless you're a cool kid like me and afflicted by a bug that prevents that. :coal:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i have everyone on ignore, i'm screaming into an abyss

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

endlessmonotony posted:

You mean, again?

Because that already happened a few months ago.

Been happening a lot longer than a few months.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Love this one. I also love how everyone is making sure to draw Bannon like the unkempt rear end he is.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Ularg posted:

What would happen if Dry Bones and Red Panels got into contact with each other?

Bleached Bones, except unironically this time.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

FishBulb posted:

Olathe is a suburb of Kansas City and is in the Kansas City metro area despite being in Kansas and not Missouri. As someone who used to live in the area I think it's fine.

Also remember that a few years ago there was a shooting at a Jewish community center in Overland Park Kansas (another suburb of Kansas City) so I think it's pretty fair to refer to the entire metro area as racist as poo poo.

There was also a bust a few months ago in Overland Park catching some white supremacists plotting to take down an apartment complex with truck bombs, because some Muslims were living in it.

Nice timing, 9amble!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
whoa they made a movie about Desmond Doss, finally lynchburg is represented with something thats not loving liberty

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I wish I was as cool and good as Tom Savini.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

I'd recognize a Kreider face anywhere.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rickshaw posted:

I'd recognize a Kreider face anywhere.

Trump is the Kreider face incarnate.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Trump is the Kreider face incarnate.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Tragedy is comedy plus time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel robbed of a chance to see a bad caricature of my favorite actor.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Just a reminder that the original cartoon is from 2002. So, um, yeah, the more things change...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
yeah but hillary clinton was a prominent politician even then so i could see that caricature being based on her originally anyway

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

But Clinton doesn't usually look like that and Trump looks like that all the time

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia: politics is back to its normal state, which is :siren: FEVER PITCH LEADERSHIP SPECULATION :siren:

David Rowe:

Abbott released a five point plan for how he thinks the party should be run, also a reference to his comment when he lost the PMship that he would do "no sniping".

The woman on the right is Peta Credlin, who was Abbott's chief of staff.

Bill Leak:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah but hillary clinton was a prominent politician even then so i could see that caricature being based on her originally anyway

It always looked more like Pelosi to me, but then it's clearly not supposed to be one specific person.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

whomupclicklike posted:

Love this one. I also love how everyone is making sure to draw Bannon like the unkempt rear end he is.

Echoing both of these sentiments. People like to point out how Trump looks like a Jack-o'-Lantern, but for me it's all bout garbage-pile Bannon.
Also Pence looks like a vampire other vampires pick on for being lame.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Doc Hawkins posted:

It always looked more like Pelosi to me, but then it's clearly not supposed to be one specific person.

Like I said, the cartoon is from 2002, which is when Pelosi became the House Minority Leader. It's almost certainly based on her, although yes, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be generic caricatures.

Tim Kreider's artist statement for that cartoon posted:

That said, though, I have to admit the Democrats deserved to lose. Although my own Senators (Sarbanes and Miukulski) are pretty progressive and were both vocal opponents of the invasiaon of Iraq, the Democratic Party hasn't really stood for anything at all in decades, not since America's labor force was shopped out to Mexico and Reagan/Bush made it okay to hate coloreds again. Their craven support of Bush's Iraq resolution was their official announcement of death. The best thing they can do now is for their last withered remnants to die off quickly and make way for some new party that does stand for something. In the meantime I think we can safely count on the Republicans to behave so vilely--giving themselves and their corporations a few hundred billion dollars in tax breaks at our expense and sending a couple thousand expendable working-class kids to get killed in the Gulf for oil profits--that finally even the American people might notice.

Seems not that different from now - although that was a midterm election, so maybe this should be saved for the inevitable Democratic loss in 2018.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

But Clinton doesn't usually look like that and Trump looks like that all the time

So does every fat vain old white sack of poo poo with a smug self satisfied grin, which is a look that's defined the GOP for decades. Could easily be Newt Gingrich.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I remember mentioning how just about everyone was drawing Bannon as the ghoul he looks like... Which started something like a page of "creative" descriptions of him.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this will never stop being funny

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love Kal's caricatures of elephants and Trump.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

mandatory lesbian posted:

whoa they made a movie about Desmond Doss, finally lynchburg is represented with something thats not loving liberty

It's a weird movie. The first half is like some schlock schmaltzy 50s movie while the second half is gory as gently caress.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Fulchrum posted:

So does every fat vain old white sack of poo poo with a smug self satisfied grin, which is a look that's defined the GOP for decades. Could easily be Newt Gingrich.

I thought that he actually said point blank that the models were gingrich and pelosi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's not walking out, he's been lead out in handcuffs by ICE

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

He's not walking out, he's been lead out in handcuffs by ICE

Jesus was a Palestinian after all.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A brown skinned Palestinian Jew.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I'm the planet that's vomiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Nib cartoons on panels at the CPAC.
Phone posting, so I can't do a quality image dump.

• Locked thread