Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The bathroom thing is if a dog whistle were made into a law. They know it's full of poo poo and disintegrates upon even the tiniest bit of critical thinking, but they want to outlaw being trans while being too cowardly to be honest about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Pants Donkey posted:

The bathroom thing is if a dog whistle were made into a law. They know it's full of poo poo and disintegrates upon even the tiniest bit of critical thinking, but they want to outlaw being trans while being too cowardly to be honest about it.

Is there any good meme showing hardcore-passing transpeople with a "you really want to tell this person with a huge beard to use the lady's room since they were born with a vagina?/ you want to tell this hot busty blonde model to use the men's room since she was born with a dick?"

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Is there any good meme showing hardcore-passing transpeople with a "you really want to tell this person with a huge beard to use the lady's room since they were born with a vagina?/ you want to tell this hot busty blonde model to use the men's room since she was born with a dick?"

Yep.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eh, that meme does put an emphasis on passing which, while easier for trans men (which is probably a reason why you don't see right-wing cartoons making GBS threads on them), it can be a lot harder for trans women if only because how lopsided beauty standards are.

I mean it's never to the Branco-level of delusional where you have Bluto-in-a-dress, but you don't want to set this level of expectation where people flip out because someone didn't have time to shave one morning.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when a biological woman with an insufficiently-feminine physique gets assaulted for trying to go to the bathroom.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
Also testosterone is just SO much better at transforming your body into a "socially accepted male frame" way harder for a transwoman oftentimes

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Voyager I posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when a biological woman with an insufficiently-feminine physique gets assaulted for trying to go to the bathroom.

You mean, again?

Because that already happened a few months ago.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Voyager I posted:

There were at least a couple stories last year about women with short hair getting hassled for using the women's room.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-mistaken-transgender-harassed-walmart-bathroom-article-1.2638748

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/self-appointed-bathroom-cop-catches-dallas-woman-using-womens-restroom-8259104

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

why do all these loving cartoonists complain about the oscars

they're loving industrial awards do they think they get any say in how a private industry runs itself

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin posted:

why do all these loving cartoonists complain about the oscars

they're loving industrial awards do they think they get any say in how a private industry runs itself
Private industry can do what they want...unless we don't like it.

Government is bad...unless it's government we like.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"- the issuers of one of the most prestigious awards in film" - a political cartoonist too mediocre to even dislike

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

RIP Republic of Ireland.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"I will now spend the next couple weeks complaining about Oscar speeches against Trump because obviously no one cares which is why I have the hottest take on the thing that no one cares about in which I care a lot about." - Conservative cartoonists.

Alternatively "Waah where's my worldwide podium to speak my views?!"

I wish I could draw, because I would redo that "I'm the least anti semite person on the planet" with Bannon wearing a shirt that says "14" and a Trump supporter with an "88" shirt.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Part of me hopes there's no political speeches so they look like mewling babies, but they'd probablyblike that so I hope everyone lines up to take a shot at Trump.

Or better yet, someone makes a conservative speech so we can hear from drunky two weeks from now about how that was brave, bold, and correct to do.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

loving Brando.

Ruining this non-politicized award ceremony.

Forty loving years ago.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Pretty good.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Did I hear you all asking for more sick burns on atheists?

How convenient, there's a whole book on that first topic.

Maaaan, how come the rest of NATO gets to evacuate to their moon colonies, and we're stuck here?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

One cold comfort in this lovely Trump world: the smug satisfaction of knowing that every cartoonist complaining about celebrity speeches is projecting like a motherfucker.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

People like 4adams are victim to what can be called "Preeemptive answers". Sometimes is Ok to say "No, I don't know the answer to that". But that type of honesty don't fly with some people, they want answers where theres none yet. So they come from the next door, Religion. Religion claim to have answers for everything.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 26, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pants Donkey posted:

Part of me hopes there's no political speeches so they look like mewling babies, but they'd probably like that so I hope everyone lines up to take a shot at Trump.
Wait, the Oscars didn't even happen yet, and all the cartoons are prescriptive "don't even try this"? JFC.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 26, 2017

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Did I hear you all asking for more sick burns on atheists?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Xander77 posted:

Wait, the Oscars didn't even happen yet, and all the cartoons and prescriptive "don't even try this"? JFC.

It's like the equivalent of when this thread gets all excited about how bad the cartoons are going to be the moment a tragedy happens, all these cartoons are psyching themselves up to help their buildup for tonight as they furiously hatewank to the ceremony. At this point they'll come the moment someone says 'America' without attaching 'God Bless'.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

You're a loving cartoonist.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Nothing is more selfish and arrogant than leveraging your celebrity to try and make a positive change in the world that you believe in. These whorish "Hollywood Types" (I can't believe they actually wrote that) that dare to use their moment of attention to works towards some kind of caring, philanthropic end, giving back to the people who made them what they are. Disgusting.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

How convenient, there's a whole book on that first topic.

Tei posted:

People like 4adams are victim to what can be called "Preeemptive answers". Sometimes is Ok to say "No, I don't know the answer to that". But that type of honesty don't fly with some people, they want answers where theres none yet. So they come from the next door, Religion. Religion claim to have answers for everything.
Look, if some random, possibly made-up person on the street can't explain it perfectly to me off the top of his head, it means science is wrong.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Corbyn, Nuttall and May announce their plans for the future - Chris Riddell on the Stoke and Copeland byelections"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Why the gently caress do you need laws re: loving bathrooms just take a loving dump and be done w it.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Vib Rib posted:

Nothing is more selfish and arrogant than leveraging your celebrity to try and make a positive change in the world that you believe in. These whorish "Hollywood Types" (I can't believe they actually wrote that) that dare to use their moment of attention to works towards some kind of caring, philanthropic end, giving back to the people who made them what they are. Disgusting.

Instead of Trump, I would like it if everyone at the Oscar just talked about one need to stop child abuse or end world hunger, just to make preemptive cartoonist look like tools.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Is this about the racist piece of poo poo that shot three men and killed one? Cause that happened in Olathe, Kansas. Granted Olathe doesn't sound nearly as catchy as Kansas City, but if you're gonna put absolutely zero time into a comic would it kill you to get at least one thing right?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Why the gently caress do you need laws re: loving bathrooms just take a loving dump and be done w it.

We need bathroom laws and toilet cops to keep big gubmint out of our potties!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Women will only feel safe if big burly men stand outside their bathrooms making sure each of them are biologically female.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
What happened to those unisex toilets from Allie McBeal? Did they ever catch on in the US or was the constant fear of melodrama an issue?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Trogdos! posted:

:godwinning:

If you ever wondered what kind of people follow red panels,
https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/834197059750215680

Future Red Panels comic: Anthropomophic 1488 is feeling fat and old, panel one. Panel two, he hits the gym hard, lifting lies and pumping hatred. Panel 3, 1488 steps onto his bathroom scale. He's done it:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hell yes

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What would happen if Dry Bones and Red Panels got into contact with each other?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

TheHan posted:

Is this about the racist piece of poo poo that shot three men and killed one? Cause that happened in Olathe, Kansas. Granted Olathe doesn't sound nearly as catchy as Kansas City, but if you're gonna put absolutely zero time into a comic would it kill you to get at least one thing right?

Don't be silly. There aren't any cities in Kansas other than Kansas City.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
"One of the good ones" would be stated. By who is anyone's guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's still considered socially acceptable transphobia in the places where it's cropping up at, mixed with patronizing ideals of "protecting the wimmenz".

• Locked thread