Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

1500 posted:

Ok having a lot of fun, is it worth getting the season 2 pass?

I'd say it takes ~40 hours at least to be able to afford a new operator just using reknown. So if you see yourself playing lots and slowly unlocking the interesting operators over time than just do that. Otherwise if you want the variety now and as it comes out just buy the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Paradigmata posted:

That was the point. He is garbage and needs changes.

You didn't communicate this very clearly with your 2.0 kdr and 1.5 win/loss or what have you but I suppose I should have known it should be much higher with you.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You didn't communicate this very clearly with your 2.0 kdr and 1.5 win/loss or what have you but I suppose I should have known it should be much higher with you.
His communication was to say he did not bother to play Echo even twice, look at the playtime.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cinci zoo sniper posted:

His communication was to say he did not bother to play Echo even twice, look at the playtime.

A round is 3-4 minutes so that's a lot more than twice actually.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

A round is 3-4 minutes so that's a lot more than twice actually.
Derp, I thought of the average game length instead. Still, point stands there, in the laughably small time played.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
finally tool a look at the operator stats and...

turns out jackal/valkyrie are my highest K:Ds which makes sense I guess because I just recently started playing them?

then glaz, frost, iq and cav in that order which is probably because their guns are awesome

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The real thing I wanted to point out with the picture was the 33 minutes.

//I didnt saw that someone pointed it out already

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 27, 2017

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
echo has good guns but a real bad gadget
he is also slow as gently caress but doesnt look like a fatty

just last game a dude on the enemy team was interrogating me in chat on what my local server was for 2 rounds straight, insisting he wasnt salty as he accused me of hacking
(their carry couldnt carry and i got 14 kills)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

My crew just came back from being down 0-3 on Favela and won 5 in a row to take the match. Definately one of our biggest achievements in this game I think.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

My crew just came back from being down 0-3 on Favela and won 5 in a row to take the match. Definately one of our biggest achievements in this game I think.

Full match video??

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

no video sorry. The other team was very obviously not communicating well or an organized group but they had 2 guys who were just crazy good shots which won them the first 3 rounds.

*edit* for reference everyone on my team was high silver or low gold

Basticle fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 27, 2017

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Wooper posted:

echo has good guns but a real bad gadget
he is also slow as gently caress but doesnt look like a fatty

just last game a dude on the enemy team was interrogating me in chat on what my local server was for 2 rounds straight, insisting he wasnt salty as he accused me of hacking
(their carry couldnt carry and i got 14 kills)

Wait there are carrys in this game? I quit Dota 2 for a reason. If this is a MOBA I'm loving out!

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
ok odd question. So on PC, watching recaps it looks like people are using controllers. Do most use a controller on PC or am I seeing something else?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Some(very few) people might be using controllers, but some players are just as clumsy with a mouse as people who use controllers.

Are you seeing this a lot in casual or ranked?

Nov 3, 2015

lohli posted:

Some(very few) people might be using controllers, but some players are just as clumsy with a mouse as people who use controllers.

Are you seeing this a lot in casual or ranked?

Casual

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1500 posted:

Casual
Those are just garbage players you're seeing then.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
When I was real low in copper, I had a game, where one of my team-mates was complaining about how his trackpad was loving up. Which almost made me have shitfit about using a loving trackpad, until I realized I was in low copper, the awfulness was indeed inside me all along. People do fun/weird things,I'm sure a couple of people are using the steam controller and stuff. Pretty sure the vast majority use m/k on pc though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Only person I know using something other than M/KB is jey using Razor Hydras.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I play using a HOTAS and pedals.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/Lkart30.gifv

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm dying. :laffo:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

It's high noon. :clint:

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's done, shut the servers down, we've found peak Siege.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Any EU goons play this fun hunk of poo poo? Nice to play with US folk but 200ms ping makes a big difference.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Wait there are carrys in this game? I quit Dota 2 for a reason. If this is a MOBA I'm loving out!

A carry in this game is that guy on your team who has more kills than the rest of you combined.

Nov 3, 2015

Well I just started and I do suck, so that would not be surprising that I would be playing with controller folk. I am always s up for a game, I assume that the steam version just uses uplay "year1500"

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Basticle posted:

no video sorry. The other team was very obviously not communicating well or an organized group but they had 2 guys who were just crazy good shots which won them the first 3 rounds.

*edit* for reference everyone on my team was high silver or low gold

Weren't you the one who was like, "BASDBAS BASSS BAS HOSTAGE FUZE BASB ABASBAS" [translation: "Let's just fuze the loving hostage guys"] by the end of the second round of that game too? :D

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

1500 posted:

Well I just started and I do suck, so that would not be surprising that I would be playing with controller folk. I am always s up for a game, I assume that the steam version just uses uplay "year1500"

I think you'd have to be loving crazy to use a controller on PC but that's just me.

Nov 3, 2015

Vatek posted:

I think you'd have to be loving crazy to use a controller on PC but that's just me.

Well I never thought to do it, but you never know.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I was on a team and we were complaining to a guy that his mic was stuck open, and he told us that he doesn't use push-to-talk because he uses a controller, so yes at least 1 guy uses controller on PC.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I've also played with a guy who used a controller. He only played operators with SMGs and only hipfired. It was as bad as you'd expect.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Anyone got tips on how to reliably reset people now? The last few times I tried, even when it's just a single shot from a pistol into their leg, they still just die outright. So I thought they must have just patched it out entirely, but I just saw Serenity is still doing it. What am I missing?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Koramei posted:

Anyone got tips on how to reliably reset people now? The last few times I tried, even when it's just a single shot from a pistol into their leg, they still just die outright. So I thought they must have just patched it out entirely, but I just saw Serenity is still doing it. What am I missing?

Shoot at a distance with a silenced pistol.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Koramei posted:

Sounds like you are missing Rook in your team, and are carrying a loving revolver or something with you. I have silenced lowest damage pistols on all operators partially for this reason.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
If you’re on attack you can just jump off a roof.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
You can also put a wall between you and the guy you want to reset. Penetrating hit only does half damage, should be enough to ensure only downing your teammate.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

A shot to the foot usually works, but there's a couple pistols that do enough damage to kill. The trick to remember is that there's a certain amount of "negative health" which lets you be in DBNO, so if the damage of the pistol exceeds the combination of the negative health and whatever remaining health your teammate has, he dead. There's a couple exceptions to how the negative health stuff works, like Rook armour guaranteeing a DBNO on first downing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I've seen the "20 HP DNBO allowance" figure floating around somewhere, but I have no idea if there's more to it than wishful thinking. Either way, it is certainly not enough to tank a grown-up weapon.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
My newest problem is that I'm doing loving terrible in just about every match I play lately. I went from consistently improving and sometimes pulling off some cool poo poo (Throwing nitro through a drop in the ceiling an attacker opened, detonating in midair for the kill), to getting 1 or 2 kills the entire match and being the first one to die every round.

It seems like the operator I'm able to reliably perform well with at the moment is Fuze, with his machine gun. With that in mind, do you all have any suggestions? Does Capitao work alright when you give him his machine gun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Capitao's LMG is trash, and has always been trash. About the only thing it had going for it was destructibility and that went out with the bath water.

Note: by being trash they've nerfed the Para 3 or 4 times to make it seem attractive by comparison. Still, nobody uses it.

• Locked thread