Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That was loving strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

dsriggs posted:

The Monster Energy car burst from the pack & won the first race of the Monster Energy Cup on the last lap.

:tinfoil:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That owned.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Also, the cars in front of him in the last 5 laps ran out of gas. Then they got back up to racing speed.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I am bummed for Larson, but that got interesting at the end at least. It would've sucked if Chase just coasted to the win.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Conspiracy! Conspiracy! I yelled to no one in particular because I am a lunatic

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

kidcoelacanth posted:

I am bummed for Larson, but that got interesting at the end at least. It would've sucked if Chase just coasted to the win.

agreeing with all this, pullin for the larsowns but comedy ending was fun anyway

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Michael Waltrip finished 8th in his final race :unsmith:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

VikingSkull posted:

Conspiracy! Conspiracy! I yelled to no one in particular because I am a lunatic

All I'm saying is Ask QuestionsTM. Now if you'll excuse me, Big Oil is tracing my internet browsing habits, so I must leave.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DiBenedetto 9th, Brendan Fuckin' Gaughan 11th

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dsriggs posted:

All I'm saying is Ask QuestionsTM. Now if you'll excuse me, Big Oil is tracing my internet browsing habits, so I must leave.

Ask Viking if lowtax is still the owner of the forums

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Most restrictor plate top 5 ever

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mikey with helmet hair is something he should keep for every other broadcast this year

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Kurt Busch is not good at drinking thinks out of a can.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol kyle Busch the greatest driver of all time yet his brother won a,championship and 500 before him.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I laughed, I cried, I soiled myself.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't enjoy that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

I didn't enjoy that.

It had its moments but there's just way, way too many stoppages.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I missed the race!! How was it?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Elitist Bitch posted:

Didn't I give you the bingo zip file?

Anyways, sorry guys, no bingo this year. I'm going to be out of town for at least two of the plate races and I'm hoping to be on my honeymoon for another, if we're still allowed to leave the country this fall.

Yes you did but it's not on my pc anymore, probably due to a new pc build and divorce in the past year..

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

wicka posted:

It had its moments but there's just way, way too many stoppages.

NASCAR wanted the sport to turn into the NFL right? Ta-da!

tater_salad posted:

Yes you did but it's not on my pc anymore, probably due to a new pc build and divorce in the past year..

I gotcha buddy. In case you want it, or anyone else does:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8gT-CaPA_v-bWw0ZHVRTHN1QWc

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bad!

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cool winner, but man that was a bad race.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Luckily I was in a room full of people having a great time,

Ty for the bingo generator, due to the massive wrecks we ended up with 2 cards missing all but 1 square colored in.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I still don't understand why people are saying it was a bad race, it looked like every other plate race I've ever seen

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Best part of the race was no one wanting to help Logano, or Kyle bitching about tires cause he is a bad driver.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Best part of the race was no one wanting to help Logano, or Kyle bitching about tires cause he is a bad driver.

You can think Kyle is the worst driver in the world but there is no reality in which that wreck was in any way a driver error

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.
BZF delivered! https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/836217278924455936

All hail stage racing and 5 minute clock!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I still don't understand why people are saying it was a bad race, it looked like every other plate race I've ever seen

They need to tighten up the cautious.

Every Toyota being out and Dale not finishing his first race back in like a year or whatever.

Also lmao at Kurt getting a Daytona win before Kyle. God I hate Kyle.

I did enjoy watching the race.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Norns posted:

They need to tighten up the cautious.

Every Toyota being out and Dale not finishing his first race back in like a year or whatever.

Also lmao at Kurt getting a Daytona win before Kyle. God I hate Kyle.

I did enjoy watching the race.

*half the field wrecks*

Man why is this taking so long to clean

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Im not talking about valid cautions. You don't think the amount of laps under cation was excessive?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
You're right what would sped it up was instead of 40 caution laps (80% of which are legitimate and also included a red flag) we had 37 or 38 caution laps instead.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

:suicide:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Well already they removed the pretense of "debris" cautions

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I didn't watch the whole race but I thought it was fine and was pretty much every Daytona 500 for the last many years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Everything in NASCAR is perfect

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The end of each stage does not require a caution, and if it does, it sure as poo poo doesn't need to be eight loving laps.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
And having constant restarts increases the likelihood of accidents. Almost every actual caution was right after a restart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

wicka posted:

The end of each stage does not require a caution, and if it does, it sure as poo poo doesn't need to be eight loving laps.

Well you need the first lap to slow the cars down, second to gather them up, third for formation, fourth opens pit road, fifth is for the lap down cars and usually like two more pace laps so I mean having eight isn't some huge deal IMO

• Locked thread