Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

MorsAnima posted:

Reporting the loss of my DST to burn jita. Not to the actual burning, no, but to the faction loving police because ccp's servers poo poo the bed and the perimeter > jita gate shut down :negative: Petitioned the poo poo out of that one, pray4me

Yeah, you're not getting that back. CCP generally does not reimburse ship losses caused as a result of server load.

Gates, especially heavily trafficked ones such as Perimeter<->Jita, can shut down at any time and this is normal behavior. (And it used to be a daily occurrence back before Jita was put on a supernode.)

PS: Burn Jita fleets are bored enough to hit DSTs/BRs. Hell, we pretty much cargo scan everything we see, which leads to quality kills like this Typhoon. I would not bring anything resembling a hauler anywhere near Jita or Perimeter right now.

PPS: Holy poo poo, citadels being on grid with a gate makes suicide ganking so much easier to do these days. You can tether while perching and completely ignore the po-po.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Related to hauling, I've sort of fallen into the logistics role for my Corp. It's weirdly enjoyable.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, you're not getting that back. CCP generally does not reimburse ship losses caused as a result of server load.

PS: Burn Jita fleets are bored enough to hit DSTs/BRs. Hell, we pretty much cargo scan everything we see, which leads to quality kills like this Typhoon. I would not bring anything resembling a hauler anywhere near Jita or Perimeter right now.

:rip: on that petition then.

Unless you're routinely ganking blue DSTs I'm sure I'd be fine however.

Today has been a sack of poo poo for losses. Thanatos was one of the first primaries when ncdotte jumped into f7c, and I didn't insure it cause :stupid: :negative:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

ullerrm posted:

Hell, we pretty much cargo scan everything we see, which leads to quality kills like this Typhoon.

:what:
I have so many questions

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Klyith posted:

I have so many questions

Most of them can probably be answered with "people are dumb".

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jazzzzz posted:

Most of them can probably be answered with "people are dumb".

In eve, half the kills are of people being dumb.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Klyith posted:

I have so many questions

But only one answer.......it was a mercy killing.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

ullerrm posted:

Gates, especially heavily trafficked ones such as Perimeter<->Jita, can shut down at any time and this is normal behavior. (And it used to be a daily occurrence back before Jita was put on a supernode.)

PPS: Holy poo poo, citadels being on grid with a gate makes suicide ganking so much easier to do these days. You can tether while perching and completely ignore the po-po.

:zip:

Who fuckin' tonight who fuckin' tonight ow ow

MorsAnima fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 26, 2017

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

Who fuckin' tonight who fuckin' tonight ow ow

Might wanna delete that. Iirc, sharing GM communication is a bannable offense under the EULA. You can say what they did or didn't do, but you can't share their exact text I think is the line.

L0cke17 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 26, 2017

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah delete that

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

L0cke17 posted:

Might wanna delete that. Iirc, sharing GM communication is a bannable offense under the EULA. You can say what they did or didn't do, but you can't share their exact text I think is the line.

Well that's a poo poo rule.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

Well that's a poo poo rule.

It's intended so that people don't share exactly the right phrases to game the system, also so that people don't look at logs and say 'this guy got reimbursement for the same thing with this 1 thing different, give me mine back too'. It removes a lot of headache from an already overworked department.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

L0cke17 posted:

It's intended so that people don't share exactly the right phrases to game the system, also so that people don't look at logs and say 'this guy got reimbursement for the same thing with this 1 thing different, give me mine back too'. It removes a lot of headache from an already overworked department.

Huh, I knew the rule, but didn't know the reasoning. Makes sense now.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

L0cke17 posted:

It's also on the flip side -- if a GM is on the record as saying "X is banned" then players will quibble about the exact definition of X and try to get as close to X as they can without crossing the line, and then say "but I didn't do X (as defined by me), how can she slap" when they get banned.

"Don't be bad" gives GMs way more leeway to poo poo on people, at the cost of discouraging people from finding bugs and broken corners in their code for fear of getting banned (i.e. look how often globby got poo poo on for no reason).

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

L0cke17 posted:

iospace posted:

Huh, I knew the rule, but didn't know the reasoning. Makes sense now.

Consider me educated too. I was an arsehole in that ticket and they still gave me it back, which is great and I'm pleased but I'd already replaced it... WTS bustard, half-fit, PF-346.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MorsAnima posted:

Consider me educated too. I was an arsehole in that ticket and they still gave me it back, which is great and I'm pleased but I'd already replaced it... WTS bustard, half-fit, PF-346.

Save it, you'll lose the other one soon enough

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah ccp gives the vast majority of petitioned things back, unless you're in a big nullsec fleetfight.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
you can word things without them being interpreted poorly.

"You cannot delay CONCORD by any means whatsoever. Pre-spawning CONCORD or moving CONCORD is not considered delaying CONCORD."

This has the side-effect of when CODE. accidentally (more like the server hiccuped) didn't have CONCORD spawn and got everyone on the killmail banned when there was no attempt at delay from anyone in fleet.

CCP just doesn't know their own game so they can't actually put out rules that make sense.

Kalthor
Feb 7, 2014
Why are people still using freighters anywhere near Jita at the moment?

The first day I get, perhaps even early on the second day but on the third day... :psyboom:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kalthor posted:

Why are people still using freighters anywhere near Jita at the moment?

The first day I get, perhaps even early on the second day but on the third day... :psyboom:

There are people who are so insular, they don't even notice something like Burn Jita until they get blown up. They just do their own thing, until suddenly: Explosions.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

how do the 250k skill points for referral work now? if i already have an alpha character can someone refer me and then when I upgrade i get them or is it fresh account only

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

how do the 250k skill points for referral work now? if i already have an alpha character can someone refer me and then when I upgrade i get them or is it fresh account only

Fresh account only as far as I know.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Give me your referral code

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Give me your referral code

http://secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=b72f3927-4686-4948-8f52-1471e78bfda6&action=buddy

Go forth and use my referral code :D

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I did so, send me some Isk :v:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I did so, send me some Isk :v:
In-game name? I'll consider it :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so when are HACs gonna be not poo poo

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

in 2006/7? for some reason I remember them being good back then, but maybe I just have fond memories of my Damnation

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

in 2006/7? for some reason I remember them being good back then, but maybe I just have fond memories of my Damnation

they aren't bad now but they're worse than faction cruisers which cost 50m less

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

they aren't bad now but they're worse than faction cruisers which cost 50m less

The only really good one is the Cerb right now. Vagabond/Deimos get shafted because they get local rep bonuses that dont work for fleet stuff. And a deimos can be out-tanked and nearly out dps'd by a phobos. Zealot is outclassed by a legion in every way for not much more isk. Sacrilege cant apply damage to anything, so its right out for anything even remotely approaching a fleet concept. Ishtars are still serviceable, but the nerf to both it and sentries hurts it quite badly. The Muninn just cant fit decent guns and a tank at all, might as well just fly canes for a third the price. And lastly the Eagle is still decent, but sniping rail doctrines get shat on by proteus/legion fleets so it has no niche to fill.

I think a big problem with them might have been fixed by the incoming hic changes. One of their strengths was they could mwd kite and still sig-tank somewhat at range with their role bonus. Hics put a huge damper on mwd kiting doctrines that didnt have 100+km effective range, already pushing both minmatar ones to the wayside. The zealot is tanky as hell, but its cap and sig benefits mean youre locked into ABs only, and relatively short range, also making it relatively poor in the current nullsec meta (not to mention EM/Therm is the worst to shoot proteuses with). But the hic changes may make it possible to fly Muninns, eagles, and Ishtars again unironically.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Landsknecht posted:

when are T3Cs gonna get nerfed?

HACs and assfrigs would still be in a fine place, but T3s do the exact same thing only better. And the cost increase is fairly minimal (compared to the T1 -> T2 ~10x jump).

If T3s aren't going to get big nerfs, the assault line needs a gimmick. The old CCP concept was T2 being specialized, but it turns out that "combat" isn't a valid specialty if something else does it better. I like the idea of using the new % based ewar resists to make them hardened. I don't know if it's enough -- T3s are pretty resistant to ewar just from their base stats, but maybe you could give them a small nerf in that area.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

If T3s aren't going to get big nerfs, the assault line needs a gimmick. The old CCP concept was T2 being specialized, but it turns out that "combat" isn't a valid specialty if something else does it better. I like the idea of using the new % based ewar resists to make them hardened. I don't know if it's enough -- T3s are pretty resistant to ewar just from their base stats, but maybe you could give them a small nerf in that area.

That sounds good, I always loved the idea of using the Zealot in PVP, but the thought of my dumb laser-boat getting hit by tracking disruptors and other ewar gives me nightmares.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Libluini posted:

That sounds good, I always loved the idea of using the Zealot in PVP, but the thought of my dumb laser-boat getting hit by tracking disruptors and other ewar gives me nightmares.

nanozealot is pretty good

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Libluini posted:

I have never seen a tracking disruptor on anything other than a noob ewar fit.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

lucifirius posted:

I have never seen a tracking disruptor on anything other than a noob ewar fit.

They're really, really stupid if used right, and most people don't expect them. We had a small gang brawl and we didn't lose any ships because I undocked a triple TD crucifier and made a Proteus switch to Null in order to hit anything past 1km. You can effectively neuter any missile boat too except maybe RLML ships as well.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

iospace posted:

They're really, really stupid if used right, and most people don't expect them. We had a small gang brawl and we didn't lose any ships because I undocked a triple TD crucifier and made a Proteus switch to Null in order to hit anything past 1km. You can effectively neuter any missile boat too except maybe RLML ships as well.

Fit?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

code:
[Crucifier, Crucifier fit]

Damage Control II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Tracking Disruptor II
Tracking Disruptor II
Tracking Disruptor II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S
200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Tracking Diagnostic Subroutines II
Small Ionic Field Projector I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin II x3
Warrior II x3
Hornet EC-300 x3

Optimal Range Disruption Script x3
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x3
Mobile Depot x1
Guidance Disruptor II x3
Missile Range Disruption Script x3
Missile Precision Disruption Script x3
Costs around 22m all told. Carry 3 of each script, and I personally carry a MD and missile disruptors to swap if needed. You'll get max TD within your targeting range at all Vs, which is the sole advantage of a Crucifier over a Sentinel: the range bonus. Both disrupt the same amount, but when you can disrupt from outside drone range, it's really, really dumb. Obviously guns are for whoring only. If you're going full on coward, you can swap the SAAR and EANM for nanos and kite forever. The only thing you're going to have problems with really is ships fit for the opposite weapon system (aka you're fit with TDs and they're using missiles) and Marauders.

Oh, and for what script to use? Depends on the weapon system. Long range systems, use tracking, short range use optimal range, with the caveat that the smaller the weapon system, the more likely you should use range disruption. It's largely situational, really.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

L0cke17 posted:

In-game name? I'll consider it :v:

Calliou Nardieu, which is what you get when you random name a lot

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
Whatever I could post here, it won't be as funny as that Typhoon. Next page please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
@iospace

Thanks for the fit, I'll keep that saved for future use.

• Locked thread