Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Leviathan posted:

north korea owns because it is hellbent on destroying western civ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

ive never said this before but ur posting style is strong af :ocelot:

cumshitter reconciles the turdfuzz and baloogan schools of postin to wield a powerful postin energy not unlike hokuto shin ken but shitposts

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/836000374934941696

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Leviathan posted:

north korea would own if it wasn't a brutal totalitarian dictatorship hellbent on destroying western civ

just in case you're serious, that account is (excellent) parody

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/835892215713054722

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/835999544265621504

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

I do have to give Ron Paul credit, I think he's a true believer in his crazy garbage. I can't say that for someone like Lil' Marco or even Jeb!.

i work in private welath management and like once a year we have a prospect who is invetested in gold or a client who wantsn to go to gold and it is annoying as gently caress to talk them off that crazy train. its like a mental illness where you have to talk them out of believing the entire world is going to collapse. whenever a client brings it up i jokingly say "yeah but if you want a gold investment plan youre probably better off buying tinned food and bullets becaue they will be more useful in the future hellscape youre imagining"

my crazy uncle, a dude who once pulled a gun on his mailman because he thought he was part of the jewish network that was spying on him, still sends me letters from crzzy goldbuggerers that read like,

"I used to work with the CIA and I devised a financial formula that 100% accurately predicts the fall of markets and for $200/month I WILL TELL YOU how to predict the market!"

and my uncle knows what i do and i tell him not a single one of our investment strategies involves gold and all the professional finance guys who went to fnacy colleges believes gold is a good investment would ever take his latest crazy finance dude seriously but he still sends me this poo poo.

he also includes letters where he alternates between different colored pens every three words but thats just because he likes it and honestly its fun to read and i enjoy it. hes is crazy but thres a nice guy in there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

things are looking bad for the hollywood elites

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

the black husserl posted:

just in case you're serious

i'm not

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cumshitter posted:

i work in private welath management and like once a year we have a prospect who is invetested in gold or a client who wantsn to go to gold and it is annoying as gently caress to talk them off that crazy train. its like a mental illness where you have to talk them out of believing the entire world is going to collapse.

i mean, the entire world is going to collapse, but yes gold won't save you from that

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i work in private welath management and like once a year we have a prospect who is invetested in gold or a client who wantsn to go to gold and it is annoying as gently caress to talk them off that crazy train. its like a mental illness where you have to talk them out of believing the entire world is going to collapse. whenever a client brings it up i jokingly say "yeah but if you want a gold investment plan youre probably better off buying tinned food and bullets becaue they will be more useful in the future hellscape youre imagining"

my crazy uncle, a dude who once pulled a gun on his mailman because he thought he was part of the jewish network that was spying on him, still sends me letters from crzzy goldbuggerers that read like,

"I used to work with the CIA and I devised a financial formula that 100% accurately predicts the fall of markets and for $200/month I WILL TELL YOU how to predict the market!"

and my uncle knows what i do and i tell him not a single one of our investment strategies involves gold and all the professional finance guys who went to fnacy colleges believes gold is a good investment would ever take his latest crazy finance dude seriously but he still sends me this poo poo.

he also includes letters where he alternates between different colored pens every three words but thats just because he likes it and honestly its fun to read and i enjoy it. hes is crazy but thres a nice guy in there

i prolly aint gonna read all that but i still apreciate ur username

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anybody not using the anti-Hollywood movement to use the Right's lines against OWS against them is an idiot

"You say you hate Hollywood but did you know that The Walking Dead and Dancing with the Stars would be impossible without Hollywood?!?! That's extremely hypocritical!"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Turdfuzz posted:

i prolly aint gonna read all that but i still apreciate ur username

praise from ceaer

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

More people showed up to Buffalo's airport in a snowstorm when we heard trump's EO than these jokers

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

is that the crowd? that's like 15 people.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Grondoth posted:

More people showed up to Buffalo's airport in a snowstorm when we heard trump's EO than these jokers

isnt everything that happens in buffalo in a snowstorm

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

cumshitter posted:

hey cummshitter what should I do with my 401k right now. I'm 30 and don't have a huge amount in there

nopants
May 29, 2004

-Hanx

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

hey cummshitter what should I do with my 401k right now.

if youre young go with the aggressive equity option and invest enough to get the max contribution from your employer

take your tax refund and put it into an IRA and (if ur young) follow the "If You Can: How to Retire as a Millionaire as a Millenial" guide but instead of going with bond ETFs go with S&P 600/small cap

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Solarin posted:

hey cummshitter what should I do with my 401k right now.

401ks are a scam and if they want that money to soften any of their own losses they already know how pretty much no matter what you do with it

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

why do you even talk them down, don't you still get their fees even if your return is like negative 69%

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
libertarians went for trump because he's got all that gold. he's even got a golden tower!

they're like june bugs attracted to a porch light on a hot summer night. but get too close to the golden light and they'll get zapped

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

cumshitter posted:

if youre young go with the aggressive equity option and invest enough to get the max contribution from your employer

take your tax refund and put it into an IRA and (if ur young) follow the "If You Can: How to Retire as a Millionaire as a Millenial" guide but instead of going with bond ETFs go with S&P 600/small cap

what happens during the upcoming Greater Trumpian Depression when the bottom falls out of this shitshow?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
take ur money out of the bank, and buy cows, and kill them, and eat them

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Leviathan posted:

why do you even talk them down, don't you still get their fees even if your return is like negative 69%

if the portfolio has equity in it we bill 1% per year so we have a vest interested in actually making them more money

it has never happened on my watch but if they wanted gold we would just put it in "unmanaged" and not bill it or include it in our performance calculations

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
401Ks are just golden parachute accounts for your corporate masters lol

every penny in there is a penny into the belly of the beast

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

cumshitter posted:

praise from ceaer

pls dont murder me bro

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

what happens during the upcoming Greater Trumpian Depression when the bottom falls out of this shitshow?
buy when the markets hit bottom ofc

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

its actually rad af that the sort of standard posting dialect for cspam makes it difficult to discern between poster dgaf and poster requires critical medical intervention on some level

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

standard finance person response: "whoa we're just going with our best ideas and i dont have a crystal ball but our research points us in this direction."

my inner rage, screaming and desperately trying to claw its way to freedom from the tie that is my spiritual noose:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
cumshitter what should i do with my coffee can full of pennies

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
cumshitter do you get bitcoin insanos in your line of work?

who am i kidding of course you do, what are they like to deal with?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nichael posted:

I do have to give Ron Paul credit, I think he's a true believer in his crazy garbage. I can't say that for someone like Lil' Marco or even Jeb!.

When his investment portfolio was released it was nothing but gold futures lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

401Ks are just golden parachute accounts for your corporate masters lol

every penny in there is a penny into the belly of the beast

Business: "Hey instead of pensions and a well-funded social safety net for retirees, how about we just force people to give us money for a long time and maybe we pay it back, maybe not!"

Boomers: "Oh man that sounds great, but only for our kids and their kids!"

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle posted:

its actually rad af that the sort of standard posting dialect for cspam makes it difficult to discern between poster dgaf and poster requires critical medical intervention on some level

Trump thread has taken the place of the Phenazepam thread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

brain a cow to death w it

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/836004851574325248
trump wins again!

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

if the portfolio has equity in it we bill 1% per year so we have a vest interested in actually making them more money

lol 1%. what's your managed equity average return vs buying an s&p index etf over the last 10 years

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cumshitter posted:

:eyepop:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Squizzle posted:

people on the internet tell me i need immediate medical attention all the time but then i talk to a therapist or psychiatrist and they're like "yeah politics makes everyone homicidal don't worry about it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

deadgoon posted:

roll them up into $0.50 cent rolls and sell them as nazi face punch enhancers for $1

• Locked thread