Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Raxivace posted:

My new favorite DLC mission involves the Cross Ange crew getting called out by Beecha of all people.
Beecha's cut-in is shockingly cool for being...well, Beecha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Okay, I take it back for two of them. Ersha and Vivian, the pink haired duo. They're decent people. I hate the rest.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Supremezero posted:

What's the total mission count, anyway?

Not counting secret stages or the true ending, there's 52 stages.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Inferno-sama posted:

Must...bear with it... Need...to complete...scenario chart... Must...not...make all of them suicide into every single enemy because THEY ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kchama posted:

Missile Pod Xi Gundam (Ace Hathaway, defeat several enemies with Hathaway before defeating Lane with Hathaway)

I know he shows up in several places, which mission is this meant to be for?

Loathe as I am to give Hathaway kills, more Xi is key. Hah.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Did they never, like, get around to making an M10 or something. The US military was using M6's, and Mithril jumped to M9s, did they really never come up with anything past that that wasn't just a super one-off like Arbalest and Laevateinn?

Come to think of it, were M8's and 7's even a thing? Did they just jump from M4 to M6 to M9?

It's been a long time since I read the books, but if I recall correctly the M9 was top-of-the-line tech that was still being evaluated by the US military though Mithril had already adopted it. We never heard anything about the other M(x) units though since FMP! parallels the Cold War, they were presumably other designs that never made it past the experimental stage. The whole FMP! story takes place over the span of 2 or 3 years so there wouldn't really be enough time to develop and field an M10 even with Whispered pushing technology faster than normal.

http://fullmetalpanic.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_Slave

FMP! Invisible Victory should come out this fall and chronicle the rest of the story.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
What's the trick to the skill point on Stage 16 (japan route)? It says to kill the boss dude in 4 turns, but I killed him on turn 4 and no SR. Akito takes a huge beating from that giant cloud of enemies.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Just got to that scene. I'd seen the screenshot before and that is still funny.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Levantine posted:

What's the trick to the skill point on Stage 16 (japan route)? It says to kill the boss dude in 4 turns, but I killed him on turn 4 and no SR. Akito takes a huge beating from that giant cloud of enemies.

That's a mistranslation, I think. JP wiki says to destroy everything in 5 turns.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Raxivace posted:

My new favorite DLC mission involves the Cross Ange crew getting called out by Beecha of all people.

drat it playasia, get more PSN cards!!! *hits F5 repeatedly*

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

...Okay, so something interesting just happened. On my second playthrough, in which I took the Cross Ange route (and hated it), I am apparently still doing the Black Might Gaine mission... Why? Is it cause Maito is an ace? Is it cause I did it before and this is just a new game plus? C-Can someone explain this? Anyone?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

So how much in Singapore PSN dollars do I need tog et allt he DLC? My copy has been sent to America, so it'll be here in...a week or two.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Inferno-sama posted:

...Okay, so something interesting just happened. On my second playthrough, in which I took the Cross Ange route (and hated it), I am apparently still doing the Black Might Gaine mission... Why? Is it cause Maito is an ace? Is it cause I did it before and this is just a new game plus? C-Can someone explain this? Anyone?

Maybe it's one of those things where once you unlock it you keep it in NG+s, or just that some/all secrets are free on an NG+. I think those have both been things in SRW before.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Somehow I unlocked Bonta-kun despite not really doing anything special, so I wonder if it's just tied to Sousuke's ace status.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Brunom1 posted:

That's a mistranslation, I think. JP wiki says to destroy everything in 5 turns.

Oh, well poo poo. I'll try that then. I'm having a really hard time replicating finishing off the boss. It's a real crap-shoot whether or not Akito can damage him and he's super low on energy on my battle save. I may just have to start the whole stage over again and try the 5 turn thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

So how much in Singapore PSN dollars do I need tog et allt he DLC? My copy has been sent to America, so it'll be here in...a week or two.

There's a pack with all of them for 45 SGD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Being able to start Shinji at 85% sync ratio and 145 morale really makes achieving evolution really easy.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Being able to start Shinji at 85% sync ratio and 145 morale really makes achieving evolution really easy.

He also has the spirit that gives 30 Focus. At first I was like 170 Focus that going to be a pain but now I can get that turn 1 before even moving.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RoyalScion posted:

Somehow I unlocked Bonta-kun despite not really doing anything special, so I wonder if it's just tied to Sousuke's ace status.
Does it have the same animations as Z3?

Also and probably more importantly, does someone carry forward Klan's tradition of saying "that's MISTER Bonta-kun to you, forehead face!"

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I know he shows up in several places, which mission is this meant to be for?

Loathe as I am to give Hathaway kills, more Xi is key. Hah.

Sadly my list isn't terribly specific, so it might be 'all of them'. I'll post a more concrete list when it comes out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I can't even.

Edit: that's going in the OP.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 27, 2017

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

This game is amazing. :allears:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I erased everything I wrote under "English?" in the OP and just put that picture.

Edit: I guess I still need to write somewhere that it's just for Singapore...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 27, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I got a secret scenario after stage 41 which was just filled with easily killed ships that dropped tons of money and rare items. Did anyone else get that?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does it have the same animations as Z3?

Also and probably more importantly, does someone carry forward Klan's tradition of saying "that's MISTER Bonta-kun to you, forehead face!"

They look pretty much the same I think, maybe the rush is a bit different.

ImpAtom posted:

I got a secret scenario after stage 41 which was just filled with easily killed ships that dropped tons of money and rare items. Did anyone else get that?

Haven't seen this yet, but I'm pretty close to stage 41 on the second playthrough, so I guess I'll see.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 27, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, it was after Stage 42. I got the Secret Scenario trophy for it and everything so I guess it's another secret. It's a super-easy stage that just vomits items and money at you though so a pretty nice secret.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it was after Stage 42. I got the Secret Scenario trophy for it and everything so I guess it's another secret. It's a super-easy stage that just vomits items and money at you though so a pretty nice secret.

I got that one. I was kind of disappointed when Secret Scenario popped up and I didn't any sort of new attack or character.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Shinji's completely baffled expression makes this perfect.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
But seriously, though, gently caress Cross Ange.

They fixed Prince of Darkness. Kappei called Akito out in a graveyard, Akito apologizes and joins your group, you go to Mars and clean the place out immediately after hitting Amaterasu, and then loving dragons ruin everything. What's worse, after everybody gets universe-hopped due to Yurika saving everybody from dragons, the Cross Ange idiots start talking poo poo about the new Earth. THEN, when Soji (who is a very cool dude and a good original) is like, "Ladies, that's not very polite," they outright tell him to buzz off.

Finishing the scenario chart is gonna be agony. I hate these people and I hate everything from their show. They shoulda just skipped airtighting their stupid Para Mails and went all "oops, they must've suffocated" after dropping them into space.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 27, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

But seriously, though, gently caress Cross Ange.

They fixed Prince of Darkness. Kappei called Akito out in a graveyard, Akito apologizes and joins your group, you go to Mars and clean the place out immediately after hitting Amaterasu, and then loving dragons ruin everything. What's worse, after everybody gets universe-hopped due to Yurika saving everybody from dragons, the Cross Ange idiots start talking poo poo about the new Earth. THEN, when Soji (who is a very cool dude and a good original) is like, "Ladies, that's not very polite," they outright tell him to buzz off.

Finishing the scenario chart is gonna be agony. I hate these people and I hate everything from their show. They shoulda just skipped airtighting their stupid Para Mails and went all "oops, they must've suffocated" after dropping them into space.

I went and watched Cross Ange while waiting for this to come out. You might not believe it, but at least relatively, this is fixed for it. Ange's like a hundred times better.

Hilda's actually possibly an even bigger dick, though. Might just be more opportunities for dickery.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Feb 27, 2017

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Supremezero posted:

I went and watched Cross Ange while waiting for this to come out. You might not believe it, but at least relatively, this is fixed for it. Ange's like a hundred times better.

Hilda's actually possibly an even bigger dick, though. Might just be more opportunities for dickery.

(you should spoiler your quote like in my edit)

That's what has me worried. I was wondering whether the show got handled straight because it's the debut or if the show got fixed. I've never seen Cross Ange, mind.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Go's ace pilot skit :laffo:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

Go's ace pilot skit :laffo:
Wait are there seriously skits for every pilot getting Ace status?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raxivace posted:

Wait are there seriously skits for every pilot getting Ace status?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh Snapple! posted:

As far as I can tell, yes.
That's awesome.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Same thing happened in Z3. I welcome this addition, esp. if we get more English SRWs.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Broken Loose posted:

(you should spoiler your quote like in my edit)

That's what has me worried. I was wondering whether the show got handled straight because it's the debut or if the show got fixed. I've never seen Cross Ange, mind.

... yknow, that is the single worst thing about quotes. And I forget it every time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cross Ange gets better later on storywise but holy poo poo everyone is intolerable early on and only helped by having everyone they meet call them poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... weird. Upgrading Black Getter before getting Shin Getter upgraded Shin Getter, even though you keep Black Getter. That... normally doesn't happen in these games, I think.

• Locked thread