Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aaaand I saw the main story spoiler.

I'm breaking this link. It's 5 minutes long and pretty much explains everything.

drive(DOT)google(DOT)com/file/d/0B_-lRU_g7aGGV1V0c0JjU2JGb3c/view

It's out there and will spread fast now. Not my file so will probably go down at some point.

E: The link was taken down but just search "Zelda" and sort by date on Youtube and you'll find it.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I can't believe that "Link" is actually Tingle who received facial reconstruction surgery to look like Link and some serious hypnosis to act like Link.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Why??????????????

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Funky Valentine posted:

I can't believe that "Link" is actually Tingle who received facial reconstruction surgery to look like Link and some serious hypnosis to act like Link.

Link was an undercover cop but the only guy who knew he was undercover got killed by an evil pig guy! Now he's a renegade Elfish cop on the edge, looking for bit of sanity in this crazy town/kingdom.

(editor's note: this is a Max Payne joke/reference, I wouldn't spoil you Zelda thread readers)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 27, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It was Link's sled all along.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dehry posted:

I'm breaking this link. It's 5 minutes long and pretty much explains everything.

It's out there and will spread fast now. Not my file so will probably go down at some point.

Yup, it went down

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

El Burbo posted:

Yup, it went down

Youtubers are posting the video now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dehry posted:

I swear, if this is an animated dickbutt...

oh, it's down.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

If any of y'all spoil this poo poo in the thread I'm gonna come to your house and smash your Switch in front of your crying wife.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

MokBa posted:

Breath of the Wild: Future Worst Game in the Series

I dunno, Skyward Sword might hold onto that leaving BotW at second worst at the bottom of its trough. A lot of people really hated the controls.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MokBa posted:

If any of y'all spoil this poo poo in the thread I'm gonna come to your house and smash your Switch in front of your crying wife.

lol like any of us here have a wife

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Guess I'm done with this thread. I can't trust you mooks not to post it!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I think I spoiled something for myself but I lack a lot of context so I doubt it might affect me much. At any rate between work and other stuff I don't have much of a chance of spoiling myself except on Wednesday where I don't have as many things to do and am prone to boredom

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MokBa posted:

Joke's on you I don't have a wife.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MokBa posted:

You wouldn't smash a switch in front of my wife, Princess Zelda

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Nephzinho posted:

Best Buy just ran my card for my Master Edition :awesome:

My SE too, but Amazon hasn't charged my Switch yet so I'm kind of on edge worrying I screwed up with Amazon.

murked by dragon posted:

canada. I just did the math, and the total with tax (13%) for the switch + zelda + pro controller is $644

You don't need a pro controller. You can use the joycons on the included grip.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Welp I contacted Nintendo and they couldn't get my order for a refurbished Wii U to go through either and Nintendo's store won't take PayPal in TYOOL 2017. These assholes at Nintendo are wanting me to spend ~$400 on a Switch and this game aren't they? :negative:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spasticColon posted:

Welp I contacted Nintendo and they couldn't get my order for a refurbished Wii U to go through either and Nintendo's store won't accept PayPal in TYOOL 2017. These assholes at Nintendo are wanting me to spend ~$400 on a Switch and this game aren't they? :negative:

A refurb'd Weeooeoooeoo is what, 200 bucks right? That's most of the way to a Switch anyway :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

spasticColon posted:

Welp I contacted Nintendo and they couldn't get my order for a refurbished Wii U to go through either and Nintendo's store won't accept PayPal in TYOOL 2017. These assholes at Nintendo are wanting me to spend ~$400 on a Switch and this game aren't they? :negative:

There's always Gamestop used. Save some poor guy his job this week with all that circle of life crap.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dehry posted:

E: The link was taken down but just search "Zelda" and sort by date on Youtube and you'll find it.

seems like the premise of the game rather than a late twist

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

PerrineClostermann posted:

A refurb'd Weeooeoooeoo is what, 200 bucks right? That's most of the way to a Switch anyway :colbert:

After getting the Switch($300), the game($50), and a pro controller($70) I'm looking at over $400 and with taxes it will be about $450.

Edit: and Nintendo will come out with a "Switch Lite" in 2018 for $199 I guarantee it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey all a stiff breeze hit my Wii U and now the disc drive is broken and Zelda comes out in a few days WHAT THE gently caress DO I DO :derp:

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Augus posted:

Hey all a stiff breeze hit my Wii U and now the disc drive is broken and Zelda comes out in a few days WHAT THE gently caress DO I DO :derp:

Buy it digitally?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Augus posted:

Either digital or buy a new Wii U (lol).

I think Nintendo will take a week or so getting your console back to you.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

spasticColon posted:

Buy it digitally?

Oh poo poo I forgot I could do that.
You're cool. I like you.
I will delete anything necessary to make space for Zelda.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

spasticColon posted:

After getting the Switch($300), the game($50), and a pro controller($70) I'm looking at over $400 and with taxes it will be about $450.

Edit: and Nintendo will come out with a "Switch Lite" in 2018 for $199 I guarantee it.

Just wait 10 years for the next Nintendo console to come out and Breath of the Wild should be pretty cheap on virtual console.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

ya

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man why do we even care about the plot in Zelda games they are without fail absolute garbage and super easily predictable and Zelda as a series has 100% always been built around the journey rather than the destination
But I will still flip a bitch if someone spoils me anything

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Man why do we even care about the plot in Zelda games they are without fail absolute garbage and super easily predictable and Zelda as a series has 100% always been built around the journey rather than the destination
But I will still flip a bitch if someone spoils me anything
Because a big part of Zelda is the sense of discovery.
Also MM had a legit good story as did WW.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just wonder what Ganon's up to?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Augus posted:

Because a big part of Zelda is the sense of discovery.
Also MM had a legit good story as did WW.

MM's good story came from the sidequests, the main plot was pretty bleh, but yeah excellent by Zelda standards
WW was pretty good but it's a shame that it's main message of washing away the conventions of old and make way for something new took two more games to take to heart.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I just wonder what Ganon's up to?

Playing Chess with a Wizzrobe

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Do you think they ever talk about the CD-i games in the NOA offices

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Motto posted:

No kidding. I watched expecting something big but it's nothing you can't guess right off the bat.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Individual Zelda games, even ones not written by Yoshiaki Koizumi, tend to have good writing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

PerrineClostermann posted:

Playing Chess with a Wizzrobe

Tennis. Ganondorf plays Tennis.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Motto posted:

Okay so what was it? Videos down from excessive views.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Okay so what was it? Videos down from excessive views.

without specifics its basically the reason you start your adventure

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
spoilers in case someone didnt realize link starts an adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Its a cutscene that I've been told happens before you even get off the plateau