Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

deadgoon posted:

i cant afford that

guess it's back to taking shits for free then. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ping pong so simple

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

also mariana thank you for the very nice compliment if i could trick my boss and the accounting department into sending you a bonsai i would totally do it

that would be kool but i totally understand the logistical issues :420:

just pay me back in anecdotal stream of consciousness posts instead, and maybe consider writing a book as well...

oh and i made a note of ur game recommendation from last nite

k ill get off ur dick now but this next shot is for u~

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
my guess is that the navy and marines are going to do really well.

+ the chairman of the joint chiefs is a marine. mattis was a marine. there are more marines sitting at the top of the military hierarchy than probably anytime in their history.

+ bannon is an ex-navy guy who probably wanks to books about lord nelson before bed. also he's into "let's fire up the shipyards BLOOD AND IRON"

+ if you want the marines to go places, you need a navy.

+ trump's campaign promises called for a modest increase in the army and air force but includes a major shipbuilding program lifted from the heritage foundation, which was also the romney plan which obama mocked during one of the debates.

+ this is not the worst thing in the world. the marines can't sustain themselves on land for more than a few weeks without the army. and the navy is more of a deterrent force, so it's consistent with a less interventionist foreign policy.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im fueled by spite

im becoming a republican, entirely out of spite

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Wikkheiser posted:

+ bannon is an ex-navy guy who probably wanks to books about lord nelson before bed. also he's into "let's fire up the shipyards BLOOD AND IRON"
dat dishonorable discharge tho

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

deadgoon posted:

im fueled by spite

im becoming a republican, entirely out of spite

enter the cocoon of hate and exit the next Dale Reed.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Nichael posted:

$100 is not much for a meal that big. How is that a crazy thing to say? He's a literal billionaire (who is now worth $11 billion thanks to Rosneft), who just spent $36 on a burger, and I'm the problem for pointing out that he should've tipped more?

You're so dumb. Our dumb dead gay country is doomed because dumb people like you have adopted the tacky propagandist gaze of the people you hope to defeat. It's a horseshoe, remember, you're closer to them than you are to the historical political movements you claim to espouse.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Wikkheiser posted:

+ this is not the worst thing in the world. the marines can't sustain themselves on land for more than a few weeks without the army. and the navy is more of a deterrent force, so it's consistent with a less interventionist foreign policy.

you had me until this. lol at you.

war is coming.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TildeATH posted:

You're so dumb. Our dumb dead gay country is doomed because dumb people like you have adopted the tacky propagandist gaze of the people you hope to defeat. It's a horseshoe, remember, you're closer to them than you are to the historical political movements you claim to espouse.
I don't know how what I said is so inflammatory or why it's generated so much ire. The man should've tipped more.

And yes, I am responsible for Donald Trump becoming president, you found me out! :ohdear:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

dat dishonorable discharge tho

justb leakin right outta his face

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

deadgoon posted:

im fueled by sprite

:same:

:420:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

TildeATH posted:

No way, the marines left all that behind when they joined SOCOM and invented the Raiders. They're going to be a weird little combined arms empire within the services, you just watch.

Commitment to excellence, that's the new marine motto. Or just win baby.

the marines are going to figure out some way to justify why they need ballistic missile submarines otherwise they'll never be able to fight guadocanal 2 persian gulf boogaloo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

the black husserl posted:

you had me until this. lol at you.

war is coming.
we've been at war for like a billion years tho

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TildeATH posted:

democratic party thread that way ➡️:goatsecx:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Nichael posted:

I don't know how what I said is so inflammatory or why it's generated so much ire. The man should've tipped more.

When they're hanging the justices of the supreme court and burning alive the last members of a free press, remember it's because of people like you.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

L M A O

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Ray posted:

enter the cocoon of hate and exit the next Dale Reed.

who the gently caress is dale reed

google is not helping

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
invest in huntington ingalls

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wikkheiser posted:

we've been at war for like a billion years tho

MORE WAR

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

There are third parties who work the second market but they will pay 60 cents on the dollar at best. They are super illiquid. the lpl dude put the clients in a fund that has 30 year before it starts to unwind. lpl dudes catered to old people and those clients were not gonna see anything from those investments. It was hella sad. He put 300k of one client into it and make 33k of commission. That whole fiasco is what drove me the gently caress out. Sucks when you get a CAIA just to have a boss disregard all research for quick pay. It must be what working for Donald is like :argh:

I still don't know how he got so many clients/aum

lol gently caress

i walkd off of a predatory financial job like 4 years back. well i didnt walk off i just hated the company and its business model so much that i decided to drink an entire bottle of vodka so that i couldnt show up for work the next day and then i stopped showing up and when my boss texted me i texted back, "Sorry, I'm just really unhappy at this job and I've decided that I do not want it to be part of my life anymore."

like it was really predatory. we leased motrocycles.

two years later i had the local news on in the background and one of our worst shops, a real boiler room sales place, that drove a lot of business was mentioned on the news. turned out they were offering a free 9mm pistol with every bike purcahse and a crazy person bought a bike and then shot someone. i twas awful but i lolled really hard when i heard their name

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

TildeATH posted:

When they're hanging the justices of the supreme court and burning alive the last members of a free press, remember it's because of people like you.

jesus dude, I'm sorry I didn't phrase my leftist shitposting on something awful exactly how you wanted me to, please don't kill the supreme court, thanks!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

google is not helping

nascar man who died

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

deadgoon posted:

google is not helping

the most hateful gently caress on free republic that died last year.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/836008230224539649

quote:

In the statement Bilden, a financier, cited his financial holdings as the reason, saying "after an extensive review process, I have determined that I will not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family's private financial interests."

Bilden recently retired as a co-founding member of a global equity investment management firm.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Im the remove before flight flag

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

TildeATH posted:

No one uses tovarisch

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

jesus dude, I'm sorry I didn't phrase my leftist shitposting on something awful exactly how you wanted me to, please don't kill the supreme court, thanks!

what he's saying is is that you have blood on your hands cuz you're a dumb biotch

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

spicy like JUST denied this was happening.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

are u freebasing sprite now

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

cumshitter posted:

two years later i had the local news on in the background and one of our worst shops, a real boiler room sales place, that drove a lot of business was mentioned on the news. turned out they were offering a free 9mm pistol with every bike purcahse and a crazy person bought a bike and then shot someone. i twas awful but i lolled really hard when i heard their name
lol

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Admiral Ray posted:

if you pay me $150 a month i will take all your shits for you so you never have to poop again.

This is kind of a good deal not gonna lie

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Fallen Hamprince posted:

the marines are going to figure out some way to justify why they need ballistic missile submarines otherwise they'll never be able to fight guadocanal 2 persian gulf boogaloo

Trump gonna give the marines the entire nuclear triad to make up for being picked on for not knowing what it was.

I can't wait to see Lockheed's take on the Caspian Sea Monster as a literal "marine" air asset.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Phi230 posted:

what he's saying is is that you have blood on your hands cuz you're a dumb biotch
that's his opinion, and while saddened that I left such a negative mark on him, he's free to have it in the free state of C-SPAM

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

speng31b
May 8, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

spicy like JUST denied this was happening.

he actually denied it was happening awhile back when it was first insinuated, check tweet date

still hilarious

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao @ shaming people for using the only propaganda strategy that has been proven to work and not be wholly ignored by a majority of the country

have fun writing nuanced arguments supported with long essays while morons write lovely articles with crazy headlines and totally control 100% of the narrative

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

that's his opinion, and while saddened that I left such a negative mark on him, he's free to have it in the free state of C-SPAM

a negative mark

akin to a skid mark

so youre saying you pooped om him

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

TildeATH posted:

Trump gonna give the marines the entire nuclear triad to make up for being picked on for not knowing what it was.

I can't wait to see Lockheed's take on the Caspian Sea Monster as a literal "marine" air asset.

like a photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy of serf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

cumshitter posted:

lol gently caress

i walkd off of a predatory financial job like 4 years back. well i didnt walk off i just hated the company and its business model so much that i decided to drink an entire bottle of vodka so that i couldnt show up for work the next day and then i stopped showing up and when my boss texted me i texted back, "Sorry, I'm just really unhappy at this job and I've decided that I do not want it to be part of my life anymore."

like it was really predatory. we leased motrocycles.

maybe its time i got a motorecycle...

• Locked thread