Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Does purple loot only come out of purchased packs or scavenger crates once you hit rep 3, or can it drop after a match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm really glad people are typing essays and becoming fuming mad over the balance of a video game that is less than 2 weeks old.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Does purple loot only come out of purchased packs or scavenger crates once you hit rep 3, or can it drop after a match?

It's dropped for me after rank 3, but it is rare.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

fadam posted:

It's dropped for me after rank 3, but it is rare.

Cool :)

also holy gently caress 400 steel to change the look of a purple

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Purple drops normally after games. I dunno how to get orange items though.

Also

Weeb party is just about to start. Grab your waifu pillows, poo poo's about to get tense.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

cams posted:

why should you have a fighting chance if you turn you back on me and run away

Worked pretty well for Genghis Khan.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Loopoo posted:

Purple drops normally after games. I dunno how to get orange items tho.

There are no orange items yet.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Orange is just when you are wearing all fully upgraded purples at this point.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Apparently the valk's block is bugged
As in, she cannot block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GnyR6zdLPQ

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

satanic splash-back posted:

I'm really glad people are typing essays and becoming fuming mad over the balance of a video game that is less than 2 weeks old.

Oh man you should see how it is when a new proper fighting game launches, this is the minor leagues.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Have any of you guys tested to see if leaving at the very end of a round gives you a loss? So many people do it that I get the feeling that even though abandoning earlier gives you a loss, doing it right after you lose the final round doesn't.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Red Mundus posted:

As in, she cannot block.

How though? I've played Valk and fought against PK and I've managed to block her attacks?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Red Mundus posted:

As in, she cannot block.

This would explain why peacekeepers absolutely wreck me when I play valkryie. Sometimes I can block her attacks, but nowhere near consistently like I can with everyone else.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Loopoo posted:

How though? I've played Valk and fought against PK and I've managed to block her attacks?

I'm guessing this is somehow related to the unblockable Shugoki uncharged heavy attack bug/tech/thing found earlier, but with an inflammatory and misleading title meant to grab views and create anger, rather than document and show an actual problem.

I doubt its coincidence that the Peacekeeper is rapidly changing attack directions just before every attack.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So valkyrie is the Darksydephil of classes

"I'M BLOCKING, I BLOCKED THAT"

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Red Mundus posted:

As in, she cannot block.

well that explains a lot.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

satanic splash-back posted:

I doubt its coincidence that the Peacekeeper is rapidly changing attack directions just before every attack.

Isn't that just normal Peacekeeper play

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Isn't that just normal Peacekeeper play

I think so. Just spitballing ideas.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So a guy won one round on me and is now just running in circles around obstacles to run out the clock. I can do literally nothing about it because I'm Shugoki and he's faster.

:thumbsup:

EDIT: We got back to the map where he couldn't run forever and he lost horribly. Now he's back to running again for his precious tie.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 27, 2017

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Just went against a guy with the Salt Shaker emblem. I was playing Raider, he was playing Orochi. He rage quit after he lost the first 2 rounds.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I had the best rage quit and I loving wish I recorded it.

Last round I win, do the kensei head-chop execution, and the split second before the sword connects with the neck dude ragequits and the guy blinks out of existence. Teleported out of dying, nice seamless whiff of the sword through nothing.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I love domination matches where my team doesn't bother grouping up or taking objectives and we lost 1500 to 100.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

7c Nickel posted:

Just went against a guy with the Salt Shaker emblem. I was playing Raider, he was playing Orochi. He rage quit after he lost the first 2 rounds.

Maybe his emblem was about himself.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Elliotw2 posted:

I love domination matches where my team doesn't bother grouping up or taking objectives and we lost 1500 to 100.

Yeaah no kidding. My dominion match of the day was when all three of my teammates finished with zero kills.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

To this day, I still get poo poo on by Wardens. I can't loving fight them for the life of me. The vortex, if I dodge it, they cancel and grab me. If I just stand there, it pushes me back. How do I counter that? Attacking is no good as the vortex can smash me out of an attack. No matter what I do, I get punished.

A good Warden cancels out the minute I dodge and instagrabs me. I've been fighting them for a week now and I still haven't gotten any better against them. They're the only class that straight up shits on me, everyone else I can manage, or if they beat me, I at least know what I did wrong and how to fix it. Warden leaves me scratching my head, I can't do poo poo against it other than double roll backwards.

Warden players, please teach me how to react to vortex. Cause it seems I get punished no matter what, or I double roll out and it just repeats itself. Is there any way I can punish this?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Elliotw2 posted:

Were they AFK? Been seeing a lot of that lately.

Be great if you didn't get reduced XP in pure bot matches because god drat am I sick of matchmaking throwing me into dominion games with scores like 30 to 900 and three out of four people on my side are spinning around in the spawn.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeahhh well me and Hypha disagree with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LEWRPzbdjo

Its tricky, but this is a gamechanger for the Lawbringer.

I feel like this untarget your opponent thing to avoid guards/get double damage is straight up unintended and I hope it's removed in the first patch.

That said, the lawbringer should be able to get a attack off after a shove anyway if the warlord can do it better as is.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Loopoo posted:

To this day, I still get poo poo on by Wardens. I can't loving fight them for the life of me. The vortex, if I dodge it, they cancel and grab me. If I just stand there, it pushes me back. How do I counter that? Attacking is no good as the vortex can smash me out of an attack. No matter what I do, I get punished.

A good Warden cancels out the minute I dodge and instagrabs me. I've been fighting them for a week now and I still haven't gotten any better against them. They're the only class that straight up shits on me, everyone else I can manage, or if they beat me, I at least know what I did wrong and how to fix it. Warden leaves me scratching my head, I can't do poo poo against it other than double roll backwards.

Warden players, please teach me how to react to vortex. Cause it seems I get punished no matter what, or I double roll out and it just repeats itself. Is there any way I can punish this?
also need to know this. really the only thing i lose consistently to and don't know how to fight.

almost no one in this game rematches in duels and it drives me crazy.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

cams posted:

also need to know this. really the only thing i lose consistently to and don't know how to fight.

almost no one in this game rematches in duels and it drives me crazy.

Wardens are the only class I won't rematch. If I come across a Prestige 2 or above Warden, I know I'm in for a rough ride of things. Noob Wardens are so easy to punish because they Vortex and I just dodge. But the second a Warden arrives who knows his poo poo, I'm in for a world of pain. The instant overhead parry they do? I can deal with. I just feint an overhead and then parry their attack. The super fast side swing they do, I can live with, even if I can't consistently block it.

But when they hammer me with vortex and adapt to what I do, it's super frustrating. In the end I just give up and stand there and take it like a bitch and hope I can tech the guard break they throw at me or block the attack they swing my way. Dodging just gets me grabbed, staying put gets me knocked back. It's a lose lose situation.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Dodge backwards a couple times. It basically resets the engagement. There's no way to punish, unfortunately, but that's why Warden is so good.

If you're an assassin, you can do a sidestep attack. Good wardens will start to feint charges and parry you though. But if they're not that good and don't know to feint, it's a solid punish.

Edit: I was actually mulling over making a website called howdoibeatforhonor.com. It would just have a list of classes with counters to common strategies people use. Ex, you click Warlord, then there's little miniguides like "How do I stop someone spamming headbutt?" "How do I stop a guard break spammers?"

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 27, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Trillhouse posted:

Dodge backwards a couple times. It basically resets the engagement. There's no way to punish, unfortunately, but that's why Warden is so good.

If you're an assassin, you can do a sidestep attack. Good wardens will start to feint charges and parry you though. But if they're not that good and don't know to feint, it's a solid punish.

I wish Orochi had a side dodge heavy attack that was fast enough to supercede a guardbreak, cause it'd be perfect against Warden. If he initiates a vortex, I instantly side dodge heavy, and if I see him cancel out of it to go for a parry, I can cancel out of my heavy attack.

I never get mad when someone genuinely beats me with skill, but vortex is such a cheap move and so many Wardens basically rely on it to cheese through a fight. If you show the slightest bit of skill against them and prove to be a better fighter, they just straight up revert to the old vortex spam in a lovely attempt and coming out on top with a win.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Vortex I hate but their bugged zone attack needs to be patched asap. That poo poo is not working correctly at all. For those who don't know the warden can do a zone attack in a way the bugs out the block indicator so that it shows the wrong way briefly.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Capn Beeb posted:

Were they AFK? Been seeing a lot of that lately.

Be great if you didn't get reduced XP in pure bot matches because god drat am I sick of matchmaking throwing me into dominion games with scores like 30 to 900 and three out of four people on my side are spinning around in the spawn.

Nah they were awake, just continually trickling into the one point that the entire enemy team sat on instead of going somewhere else.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Everyone can disengage from vortex safely by breaking lock on and rolling away. You should try and sprint away after that and create enough space to reset the fight.

Now if you're out of stamina? You just have to suffer. That's when the vortex is purely a 50/50 in which the wrong guess gets you punished hard. You can't really do anything about that other than try and predict what the Warden will do based on his previous actions.

Warden isn't the only class that creates a dilemma like this but its easily the most reliable and damaging one. If anything needs to be nerfed its how much stamina it costs to do the charge.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Help, I finally got 15k steel and the conqueror fire wings are seriously tempting.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I main berserker and after they fix valk i think he'll end up the weakest character. Without his wall stun punish his next source of damage is his infinite combo and combos are a death sentence in mid to high level play. He can put the pressure on someone but can't really follow through.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Red Mundus posted:

Vortex I hate but their bugged zone attack needs to be patched asap. That poo poo is not working correctly at all. For those who don't know the warden can do a zone attack in a way the bugs out the block indicator so that it shows the wrong way briefly.

Is that a bug though? Orochi's zone attack does that too, or at least that's what enemies have told me. I always fall for that poo poo as well. The attack shows that it's coming from above then instantly swaps to the side.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!

Loopoo posted:

no lmao

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Elliotw2 posted:

Nah they were awake, just continually trickling into the one point that the entire enemy team sat on instead of going somewhere else.

Gotta boost that k/d bro!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
As a player who's only played Warden since release, I don't have any advice for other classes on how to deal with the shoulder bashing. But how I deal with on other Wardens is just stopping them from setting up. It takes a light attack or dodge to start a shoulder bash, so if they land a hit then just use a light to hit them out of the bash. Don't dodge unless you're certain they'll go for the actual shoulder bash instead of canceling into a guard break. If they dodge and then shoulder bash attempt to grab them before they can start up the bash. They won't be able to counter it.

Typically a lot of Wardens have patterns to the shoulder bash usage, it's pretty rare to find a talented one that mixes up their combo based on how you respond. If they always go for the real shoulder bash and then the cancel on the next one or vice versa, you can predict it and react accordingly. If a Warden tends to dodge around a lot, then they're easy prey for guard breaks before they can ever set up the bash.