Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I like him too. He's super refreshing, and I can see how him saying everything that's on his mind would be appealing to nakano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I like him too. He's super refreshing, and I can see how him saying everything that's on his mind would be appealing to nakano.

It's like she doesn't even need telepathy with that guy!

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

If anyone here reads Aizawa-san is Multiplying it seems the final chapter of the official Crunchyroll release is up.

I kind of get the feeling that it was cut short, honestly, but it was a fun romp while it lasted.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I dropped that a while ago because I felt it was a little too samey, which is a shame because it's very cute.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

If anyone here reads Aizawa-san is Multiplying it seems the final chapter of the official Crunchyroll release is up.

I kind of get the feeling that it was cut short, honestly, but it was a fun romp while it lasted.

wow, i read that the other day and the fact that that was the last chapter didn't even register because that was not an ending.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

Yeah read it. To me it felt like the author was running out of ideas and just wanted to end it.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Make The Music With Your Mouth, Sanova Bocchi

Thunk
Oct 15, 2007
Nanige-san. That is all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

:same:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I read that (and the emote) in the professor's voice (from nichijou).

Same~

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Kumabachi no Koto is a cute little weird story :3:

:agreed:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i didn't get any of these references at the end of the new criminale, so if anyone would care to explain:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
The last one is probably Clanaad, I don't really get the others though

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I read that (and the emote) in the professor's voice (from nichijou).

Same~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHLFTpyZNo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Knorth posted:

Kumabachi no Koto is a cute little weird story :3:

:agreed:
Kotonoba Drive is :3:

This was the actual thing playing in my head, ty for reminding me what it was.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i didn't get any of these references at the end of the new criminale, so if anyone would care to explain:

Yakisoba is Nichijou, Liar is probably Higurashi, dunno about the other one.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This seems alright: Kumika no Nikaku

Romance(?)/SOL about an alien learning about Earth food and surprisingly loving it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Seems fun and cute so far. One more to watch for on my follows then.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Oh, glad that's finally getting a translation. I'm not usually a big fan of food manga, but that one's fun.

Alien ("Alien" alien) girl is the best.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Guess there's no harm in leaving it, but it's not what I thought. Got too excited and I have no idea what the heck this one is.

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/836310949447495681

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 28, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I... I feel like that's the wrong sleepy princess.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, I didn't look at it close enough.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

a kitten posted:

Guess there's no harm in leaving it, but it's not what I thought. Got too excited and I have no idea what the heck this one is.

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/836310949447495681

That's got a movie coming out in theaters in a few weeks, it's all over the TV here. I had it confused with Your Name for a while.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nate RFB posted:

Romance(?)/SOL about an alien learning about Earth food and surprisingly loving it.

Do not become addicted to food kumika-san, it will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

This is really good!! The way her ear-tentacle-appendages seem to flap and glow when she's happy is super cute! :3:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

z0glin Warchief posted:

That's got a movie coming out in theaters in a few weeks, it's all over the TV here. I had it confused with Your Name for a while.

Is that the same Kenji Kamiyama that wrote GitS:SAC and Moribito? He's got some solid writing credits in my book.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Nipponophile posted:

Is that the same Kenji Kamiyama that wrote GitS:SAC and Moribito? He's got some solid writing credits in my book.

It is!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's only one good sleepy princess, and that's the one that's genocided billions of demons twice and enslaved at least two other species of demons (forehead teddies and ice seals).

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I wish I had an army of forehead teddies to snuggle with.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

This is cute! But I am sad it's only 2 chapters so far. :(

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Today our favorite sleepy princess is very stoic indeed...

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Today our favorite sleepy princess is very stoic indeed...

*Emotional Trauma Inflicted* is pretty much the theme of the series, isn't it? :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Certainly so. Those Forehead Devils are just so cute though, makes you wanna skoosh 'em! (Why are they called 'forehead' devils anyway?)

Remember Afo Guard? The school SoL comedy where the main girl wears a horse mask? A new chapter is here!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I almost forgot this is the month the Flying Witch manga comes out!

https://twitter.com/Vertical_Comics/status/837362950763659264

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh heck yeah, I hope they catch up to the scans quickly

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Wow, a great time for surreal daily life official releases

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new demon mama. it's a cute one.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Musuko-ga-Kawaikute-Shikataganai-Mazoku-no-Hahaoya/Ch-019?id=348802

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sorry Hakumei & Mikochi, libraries are still dumb.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Final chapter of Takeo-chan Bukkairoku, for those of you who only like finished things. I'm glad I got ahold of the color pages for the last chapter. I think it adds a fair bit. I also got color pages for a bunch of the earlier chapters so I might go back an add them after a bit of a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Joshlemagne posted:

Final chapter of Takeo-chan Bukkairoku, for those of you who only like finished things. I'm glad I got ahold of the color pages for the last chapter. I think it adds a fair bit. I also got color pages for a bunch of the earlier chapters so I might go back an add them after a bit of a break.

You know it's kind of subtle to tell because of the author's distinctive blocky style and all, but I think the art has improved hugely since the beginning (and especially since his other work, Love Roma). Just look at the style and details of the illustration, and how it's detailed but also extremely readable. He uses these thick dark blacks to really accentuate the shapes and it works really well with his blocky drawing style - reminds me of the high-contrast techniques that Dowman Seyman uses. It's really neat in effect because of Takeo-chan's focus on traditional Japanese monsters and settings, so it evokes like woodblock prints and so on.