Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Oh nice, hey what's the reddit for people who claim they're volcel but everyone knows they're incel, asking for a friend!

https://www.reddit.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

gosh I kind of think he won because of a broken culture that normalized hate and ignorance, but maybe the oscars played a part???

tbf celebrity culture definitely played a part

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
it's the thot that counts

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
but animated & spinny

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

tbf celebrity culture definitely played a part

you know what? I love Hollywood, I love TV, and I love movies. If people are going to vote for a man who literally made the mother of a dead soldier cry because a very talented Hollywood person once said "hey maybe stop being gigantic dicks," gently caress them

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I too love the smell of poo poo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

you know what? I love Hollywood, I love TV, and I love movies. If people are going to vote for a man who literally made the mother of a dead soldier cry because a very talented Hollywood person once said "hey maybe stop being gigantic dicks," gently caress them

no i mean the ceaseless worship of celebrities more than anything

the only reason trump even got started is because he was famous

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Yinlock posted:

no i mean the ceaseless worship of the rich more than anything

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'd rather have (((Hollywood culture))) than whatever is going on in the myriad of articles profiling the delicate hothouse orchids who are midwestern Trump voters.

Yinlock posted:

no i mean the ceaseless worship of celebrities more than anything

the only reason trump even got started is because he was famous

Like Scent said, it's worship of the rich that got here. More specifically, untalented rich people who contribute nothing. At the very least, people like George Clooney and Meryl Streep have contributed good movies to the world.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

crazy cloud posted:

but animated & spinny

speng31b
May 8, 2010

we're all to blame for trump winning because we're miserable wretches who hate life, gently caress everyone, gently caress ourselves, and especially gently caress all allies in our cause because of any reason really

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I'd rather have (((Hollywood culture))) than whatever is going on in the myriad of articles profiling the delicate hothouse orchids who are midwestern Trump voters.

same

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
you know it doesnt really matter who i vote for or which politicians or policies or movements i support

i could become a full on white nationalist and there would be absolutely no consequences

its not like trump supporters had any impact on anything

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

you know it doesnt really matter who i vote for or which politicians or policies or movements i support

i could become a full on white nationalist and there would be absolutely no consequences

lol how did perez of all things break your brain so hard that you're going full serf

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also i'm just saying that a culture largely revolving around worship of larger-than-life figures can very easily be twisted to insane ends

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Kubo and the Two Strings was robbed. I blame Obama.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

deadgoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0RL5N_cjeM&t=31s

Bethamphetamine posted:

Kubo and the Two Strings was robbed. I blame Obama.

That was great but (the very overrated!) Disney always wins.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

speng31b posted:

we're all to blame for trump winning because we're miserable wretches who hate life, gently caress everyone, gently caress ourselves, and especially gently caress all allies in our cause because of any reason really

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Yinlock posted:

also i'm just saying that a culture largely revolving around worship of larger-than-life figures can very easily be twisted to insane ends
I think it's good to have heroes and cultural touchstones. It's just also good to respect people who actually deserve it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

oh I see it's another one of those nights

what do you use to make these?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i'm so high right now it owns. i'm high nearly every day at some point now.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

fits my needs posted:

I've never been high but I hear it's pretty good. If it had a Metacritic rating, what would IGN give it?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
liking celebrities allows u 2 live vicariously through the achievements and failures of another

liking celebrities is basically anime but it's a mainstream and more socially acceptable form of anime

whether ur favorite anime is league of space politics heroes or the tonight show with jimmy anime fallon or the academy awards or whatever

you would be better off not doing anime. don't anime. don't let your friends anime. if you catch your child with anime, explain to them why it is wrong. anime: not even once.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Jimmy Fallon is worse than anime.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

god drat Feinstein is 83 years old and still serving?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I think it's good to have heroes and cultural touchstones. It's just also good to respect people who actually deserve it.

okay but what happens when you don't have the critical thinking necessary to do so so instead you blindly gravitate towards whoever makes you feel best

ta-daaaaa

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

stay safe thc ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jekTxx76drA

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Nichael posted:

I've never been high but I hear it's pretty good

im sorry

it is

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
oh it's the oscars

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

oh I see it's another one of those nights

what do you use to make these?

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I'm making tea eggs thanks to this thread

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

triple sulk posted:

lmao holy gently caress theyre calling out the muslim ban

who?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Big Fat Iguana posted:

are you using the method from the video or what

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I did that rice and tomato thing earlier this week and it was bomb. Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

triple sulk posted:

lmao holy gently caress theyre calling out the muslim ban

the oscars are calling out the muslim ban?!! holy gently caress this is so unexpected!! now trump will lose and kill himself with a jenkem reverse stomach pump

• Locked thread