Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Why the hell havnt they annouced the winner i need to know if i should be angry at ,onoa getting the award over zooptopia or zootopia getting the award from moana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Here it comes, be patient

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Piper won short!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Zootopia WON!!!!!!!!!!

#oscarsofurry

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Aaaaand Jungle Book won for visual effects. Poor Kubo.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Why the hell havnt they annouced the winner i need to know if i should be angry at ,onoa getting the award over zooptopia or zootopia getting the award from moana

Commaonoa, make way, make way!
Commaonoa it's time you knew
The village of Motunui is all you need

Zooptopia sounds like a good movie

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

21 Muns posted:

Zooptopia sounds like a good movie

Finally, the game adaptation we've all needed for two decades

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i want to gently caress cartoon animals

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Avshalom posted:

Then I have bad news.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Avshalom posted:

woah poppy

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wow can we bring the tone of discussion back up to a respectable level itt please?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Hedrigall posted:

Wow can we bring the tone of discussion back up to a respectable level itt please?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
current status: putting furikake on everything while organizing my marriage with oscar-winning fiancé benjamin clawhauser

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How Far I'll Go got robbed :argh:

No EGOT for Miranda.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

How Far I'll Go got robbed :argh:

No EGOT for Miranda.
Yeah, that disappointed me (even if I expected it)

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Can we send everyone in Hollywood a memo letting them know that we're okay with movies about Hollywood winning everything as long as they're actually good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't even remember which song How Far I'll Go was. Though to be fair, I don't remember We Belong Together from TS3 either and that won for some reason.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I hated Piper, how were the other animated shorts?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I hated Piper, how were the other animated shorts?

The cowboy one is maudlin crappo, which means you'll cry when you watch it and then feel like a horse's butthole.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have never been able to enjoy a disney movie where more than ~10% of the cast is human

...my first post wasn't serious but this one is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Are wizards human because we're riiight on the edge with Fantasia

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
fantasia doesn't count as a movie

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
what is hyooman

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...when i was a child my favourite disney film was, uh, aristocats

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Avshalom posted:

...when i was a child my favourite disney film was, uh, aristocats

we can't be friends

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i loved the final musical number, i would dance so hard, i ran around the house on all fours pretending to be a cat, i jumped on the furniture, i was powerful

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i also loved the lion king and when i was like 6 i used to walk up to strangers and say "i will terrify you with my roar" and then i'd roar at them and if they didn't act terrified i'd throw a tantrum

i went up to my mother and did my best lioness sitting pose on the floor and asked her what sort of animal i was, she said "a frog" and i threw a tantrum

when we played lion king in the playground i was a jaguar, and if anyone told me i had to be a lion instead of a jaguar i threw a tantrum

i have aspergers

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This isn't directly related but once I was severely reprimanded for chewing on a photgraph of an owl because I was mimicking the robot in the animated special "Poochie".

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Avshalom posted:

i also loved the lion king and when i was like 6 i used to walk up to strangers and say "i will terrify you with my roar" and then i'd roar at them and if they didn't act terrified i'd throw a tantrum

i went up to my mother and did my best lioness sitting pose on the floor and asked her what sort of animal i was, she said "a frog" and i threw a tantrum

when we played lion king in the playground i was a jaguar, and if anyone told me i had to be a lion instead of a jaguar i threw a tantrum

:same: but last week

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
mum sat me in the trolley and told me to watch her groceries while she went to the liquor store (lol) so i perched in the basket and every time anyone came within about three metres of me i'd terrify them with my roar

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My father used to roll me in blankets fixed with rope and say, "Wow, you're a grub!" and then throw me in the backyard for a few hours so he could take a nap

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
anyway, please continue your regular activities

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
my mum would always comment on my table manners by saying "were you born in a zoo?" but she didn't know how much she was triggering my dysphoria, she didn't know :qq:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
at about this time a boy at school i had a crush on told me he collected snapped-off pencil leads and if i collected enough lead bits for him he'd kiss me. coloured leads were worth more than graphite iirc. so for a full term i spent every opportunity crawling around the classroom floor looking for lead fragments, defiant of the teacher's attempts to stop me, which also meant i left the boy alone because he kept me too busy to harass him. i never did collect enough for him to kiss me. anyway apparently he is a power bottom now

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Avshalom posted:

I'm guessing her favorite was the Jungle Book.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm guessing her favorite was the Jungle Book.

Nice catch.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Drifter posted:

Was Rock Dog better or worse than Storks?

Sorry, just got back from vacation so didn't see this until now!

Storks was pretty good, nothing in Rock Dog beats those fuckin' wolves though. To me, that joke was amazing each time.

Rock Dog just looked nice, at least to me. I wish it had an art book or Official Art PDF or something.

Though, I'm all about cartoon style so....

Also YAY ZOOTOPIA WON BEST ANIMATED! :woop:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

ThermoPhysical posted:

Also YAY ZOOTOPIA WON BEST ANIMATED! :woop:

Propagation of the agenda is going as planned

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm legit concerned that the Academy Awards broke this thread inexplicably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A list of what the Academy Awards broke tonight:
• itself
• down racial barriers
• Matt Damon's spirit