Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

btw i recently found out that even when obama did that roast of trump during the 2011 nerd prom, trump had already been laying the groundwork for a serious presidential run and had already hired kellyanne conway to do polling for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Grondoth posted:

No he won't. He's a union man who phonebanked for Dems his whole life. But he lost his house and his whole life after a company he worked for offshored. He worked his way up from a Janitor to be important at some insurance company and then they laid him off, and he started to get a bit of a stable life for himself at his job in Rexnord. He voted for Trump because he said he'd keep jobs like his here, because he was scared of having to recover from losing everything again. He's got kids in college. One's quit and the other's scaled back.

He calls the people who are taking extra money from the company to train their Mexican replacements scabs. He says this: “We told the Mexican people if you’re making $3 an hour and somebody over in Vietnam will do it for $1.50 guess what, you’re going to be in the same line we’re in.” Which means he understands that capitalism is a non-stop race to the bottom. He was duped, like a lot of people like him, because Trump said they'd stop a nightmare they've been experiencing for years that no one else seems to care about.

Of course he isn't going to. Trump profits off of stiffing guys like him. But he's had to rebuild his life twice already, and the only drat person who said they were gonna try and save him from doing it a third time was an idiot who didn't mean it.
I appreciate your optimism that Americans are capable of learning lessons from mistakes that are more than four days old, but I disagree. Donny will continue to blame the (((media))), (((globalists))), Obama, and "sane" Republicans. He will say they prevented him from MAGAing. He'll win with the same people. They are not equipped to process this information not because of any faults of their own, but because our education system, culture, and for-profit news media have failed them entirely.

Agrajag posted:

lol get fukt Trump this is your Pissghazi now
I really doubt this gains traction like Benghazi did though in a just world it would.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

tacodaemon posted:

neato although i think the SA attachment thing stripped it out maybe

still works in winamp

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Bert Roberge posted:

They should sell some 'Lowtax made me do it' stationary for suicide notes and manifestos.

Lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grondoth posted:

No he won't. He's a union man who phonebanked for Dems his whole life. But he lost his house and his whole life after a company he worked for offshored. He worked his way up from a Janitor to be important at some insurance company and then they laid him off, and he started to get a bit of a stable life for himself at his job in Rexnord. He voted for Trump because he said he'd keep jobs like his here, because he was scared of having to recover from losing everything again. He's got kids in college. One's quit and the other's scaled back.

He calls the people who are taking extra money from the company to train their Mexican replacements scabs. He says this: “We told the Mexican people if you’re making $3 an hour and somebody over in Vietnam will do it for $1.50 guess what, you’re going to be in the same line we’re in.” Which means he understands that capitalism is a non-stop race to the bottom. He was duped, like a lot of people like him, because Trump said they'd stop a nightmare they've been experiencing for years that no one else seems to care about.

Of course he isn't going to. Trump profits off of stiffing guys like him. But he's had to rebuild his life twice already, and the only drat person who said they were gonna try and save him from doing it a third time was an idiot who didn't mean it.

I am less optimistic because I don't quite get how anyone could believe a word out of Trump's mouth.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i will literally turn on every last goon as a CI for an easy buck.

im a free agent and i will say anything ti implicate a goon

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grondoth posted:

how does he feel about emails

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

btw i recently found out that even when obama did that roast of trump during the 2011 nerd prom, trump had already been laying the groundwork for a serious presidential run and had already hired kellyanne conway to do polling for him

Conway hated his guts as late as Spring 2016 when she was working for the Zodiac Killer. Are you sure?

I do believe he was laying the groundwork in 2011 though. He's been running for president on and off since the 1980s.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Grondoth posted:

he's a dumbfuck moron. hth

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Agrajag posted:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

there wolf lmao posted:

tomorrow afternoon: first terrorist attack ever commited by a whitey, deadgoon and radical leftist breeding ground sa to blame

loving hilarious if i do a terrorism and the fbi connects this forum, where people "joke" about overthrowing the government, and the credit card transaction where i gave money to a literal communist party of which several posters on this very forum are members

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Agrajag posted:

ha! idiot, i have an alibi! i was logged into and shitposting in the comments section of redtube the whole time!

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A professor told me that that's another word for pirate treasure.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

I am less optimistic because I don't quite get how anyone could believe a word out of Trump's mouth.
Right. If he fell for the World's Most Obvious Scam once, he'll fall for it again. Donny is an EVE Online "send me ISK and I'll double it!" caliber con-artist, and yet Americans fell for it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Nichael posted:

I appreciate your optimism that Americans are capable of learning lessons from mistakes that are more than four days old, but I disagree. Donny will continue to blame the (((media))), (((globalists))), Obama, and "sane" Republicans. He will say they prevented him from MAGAing. He'll win with the same people. They are not equipped to process this information not because of any faults of their own, but because our education system, culture, and for-profit news media have failed them entirely.

i expect trump's coalition of old people and whites w/o college degrees to hold.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Grondoth posted:

:same:

it's kind of depressing seeing people gleefully making GBS threads on the guy just because he voted Trump. The reason trump won was desperation and fear drove sane human beings to tolerate the insane rapey, gross, white supremacist horror show. They can be won back but only with some genuine message of hopefulness and dignity

now that I've said that: anybody who voted for Trump is ridiculously stupid holy gently caress he is a rapist neo-nazi billionaire sack of human garbage. Jesus christ gently caress

e; also trump won because HRC is bad at selling

Solarin fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 27, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

i expect trump's coalition of old people and whites w/o college degrees to hold.
I do too. It's really rather silly to expect otherwise when these people should've learned the same exact lessons under Reagan, Bush, and Bush, and did not. Why would they learn their lesson now?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Nichael posted:

Conway hated his guts as late as Spring 2016 when she was working for the Zodiac Killer. Are you sure?

I do believe he was laying the groundwork in 2011 though. He's been running for president on and off since the 1980s.

i got that from this nyt article from a year ago

quote:

Even before the correspondents’ dinner, Mr. Trump had moved to grab a bigger role in political affairs. In February, he addressed the annual Conservative Political Action Conference. Organizers gave Mr. Trump an afternoon speaking slot, and Mr. Keene perceived him as an entertaining attraction, secondary to headliners like Mitch Daniels, then the governor of Indiana.

But Mr. Trump understood his role differently. Reading carefully from a prepared text, he tested the themes that would one day frame his presidential campaign: American economic decline, and the weakness and cluelessness of politicians in Washington.

Over the next few months, Mr. Trump met quietly with Republican pollsters who tested a political message and gauged his image across the country, according to people briefed on his efforts, some of whom would speak about them only on the condition of anonymity.

One pollster, Kellyanne Conway, took a survey that showed Mr. Trump’s negative ratings were sky-high, but advised him there was still an opening for him to run.

Another, John McLaughlin, who had been recommended to Mr. Trump by the former Clinton adviser Dick Morris, drew up a memo that described how Mr. Trump could run as a counterpoint to Mr. Obama in 2012, and outshine Mr. Romney with his relentless antagonism of the president.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

deadgoon posted:

loving hilarious if i do a terrorism and the fbi connects this forum, where people "joke" about overthrowing the government, and the credit card transaction where i gave money to a literal communist party of which several posters on this very forum are members
sp3ll it out for them why don ya jeez

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

I do too. It's really rather silly to expect otherwise when these people should've learned the same exact lessons under Reagan, Bush, and Bush, and did not. Why would they learn their lesson now?

yep.

college educated whites are more interesting rn, and possibly where the coalition could fray slightly.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Solarin posted:

:same:

it's kind of depressing seeing people gleefully making GBS threads on the guy just because he voted Trump. The reason trump won was desperation and fear drove sane human beings to tolerate the insane rapey, gross, white supremacist horror show. They can be won back but only with some genuine message of hopefulness and dignity

now that I've said that: anybody who voted for Trump is ridiculously stupid holy gently caress he is a rapist neo-nazi billionaire sack of human garbage. Jesus christ gently caress

e; also trump won because HRC is bad at selling
This

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
metbinks this deadgoon fellow is not all there. possible broeken brains

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

there wolf lmao posted:

metbinks this deadgoon fellow is not all there. possible broeken brains

the latest casualty in trumps war with reality.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's cool that when I click a big arrow I don't gotta read poo poo inbetweens.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
donald j, trump fuckin SUCKS

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That's interesting that Conway worked for him, switched to Cruz and making GBS threads on Donny in public, and then went back to working for him. I guess that's politics.

Schnorkles posted:

yep.

college educated whites are more interesting rn, and possibly where the coalition could fray slightly.
I bet college educated whites stick with him too. Donald was an abysmal candidate, who did awful things, and these people still accepted him. I can't imagine what will turn them off.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

college educated shites

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Admiral Ray posted:

the latest casualty in trumps war with reality.

trump had nothing to do with this it was the center-dems!!!!

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

it's so weird that the lovely middle part was made by the same guy as the good beginning and end

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Nichael posted:

That's interesting that Conway worked for him, switched to Cruz and making GBS threads on Donny in public, and then went back to working for him. I guess that's politics.

she was a ferret that found out that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer and that his dad shot JFK

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

college educated shites

I wish the internet would hurry up and post Night in the Woods gifs so I could reply to this with "THAT'S A WHOPPAH".

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

donald j, trump fuckin SUCKS

he is PRESIDENT and yo are NOT

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

i dont understand what that song is about!!!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

I bet college educated whites stick with him too. Donald was an abysmal candidate, who did awful things, and these people still accepted him. I can't imagine what will turn them off.

who knows.

we'll know when the rubble settles in November in 2018.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bethamphetamine posted:

It's cool that when I click a big arrow I don't gotta read poo poo inbetweens.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Nichael posted:

idk it seems like he is only really hardcore hanging on to his ~35% base of non-college whitey plus semi-old people (but not necessarily the really old people who still remember FDR, though their numbers dwindle)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I didn't know la la land was like a musical I'm glad I didn't waste my time seeing it

• Locked thread