Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

every single night is a 5-win take two SWEEP for this gamer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man what kind of lame-o pulls their connection in fuckin unraked

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man what kind of lame-o pulls their connection in fuckin unraked

Dude, play Sahamut dragon, everyfuckingbody ragequits.

Anyways, made my first semi-decent runecraft deck (I feel so dirty) which is just all the earth-craft runes that I always see used plus a certain old guy who's balanced as dirt x3.

After losing to 3 Satan decks in a row I managed to get a couple of wins, Including one where I actually killed the other guy.

This event lasts 2 weeks, right? I guess I can do a win a day with runecraft to get the boobmage #2 sleeves.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Event is pretty cool in that it's motivated me to play different classes again more than just for dailies

still probably not gonna do shadow or haven, gently caress those shitter classes

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please dont bully luna :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Indecisive posted:

still probably not gonna do shadow or haven, gently caress those shitter classes

Haven is great fun. It's the class that actively tries to mess with the other's gameplan. It really needs to borrow some concepts from the heartstone priest and start mind-controlling stuff, since that's pretty in-flavor.

Shadow is, err, like a really slow control class that has been forced into aggro on the back of a dogwoman with puppethands. Poor Luna.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Aggro shadow still seems solid. Plus cerb looks way different and pretty cool in granblue style.

Pretty disappointing to see that you need nine wins total for each class to get their emblem + sleeve (as you only get the sleeve quest when the emblem quest is done), which is a whole lot of games

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just got in a match against a dragonclaw pendant dragon.

From what I can see his plan was to... drop 3 pendants and then angelic snipe and barrage me to death. Lol.

Also, Daria and the roaches killed this thread. Will it be back after the nerfs? (Daria basically didn't get nerfed anyways).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

trucutru posted:

From what I can see his plan was to... drop 3 pendants and then angelic snipe and barrage me to death. Lol.
yeah, more or less

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Not sure how I'm going to do the Shadow and Forest quests for the promotion. I have like 2/3 of a really clunky Nep deck, 1/3 of an Aggro Shadow deck and some Forest cards, including 2x Wolf and a Silver Bolt. Guess I'm just going with all-in aggro and hoping that I get there.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Retcon posted:

Not sure how I'm going to do the Shadow and Forest quests for the promotion. I have like 2/3 of a really clunky Nep deck, 1/3 of an Aggro Shadow deck and some Forest cards, including 2x Wolf and a Silver Bolt. Guess I'm just going with all-in aggro and hoping that I get there.

You can always play take-two.

Here are some cheapo deck ideas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5ngw2v/silver_and_bronze_only_decks_for_each_class_rob/

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I actually forgot about Take Two somehow. Thanks for the tip, I have 11 arena tickets left so I'll just hope that I get to pick Forest or Shadow.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

How long do we have until they do changes to nerf goblin mage?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yukari posted:

How long do we have until they do changes to nerf goblin mage?
Tomorrow

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Am I playing in constructed on the other side right now? What the hell is this situation. For once I'm on the other side of this particular exchange and I still feel disgusted. Note that I also played skull beast on turn 1 despite it being my only 1 drop in the deck.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Apparently the next Shadowverse expansion is called Tempest of the Gods.

No cards leaked yet.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sophism posted:

Apparently the next Shadowverse expansion is called Tempest of the Gods.

No cards leaked yet.

I am guessing gods... with big tits.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I was doing Erika's new story chapters and I got OTKed by a 20/20 Rune Blade Summoner and Demon Commander Laura (gives followers storm if in vengeance).

Sorcerer is OP. He has both Vengeance and Spellboost. Got hit with all three timeworn mage Levis and revelations. AI is cheat. Since he plays Fates Hand and blood pact, I think milling him is the only way you can win.

E: Of course I win by just going second and spamming Albert. Sword is so trash without him.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 26, 2017

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Arisa's new voice sucks.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I was prepared to lose Luna's last story mission after the Burglar got Leonidas's Resolve from Nep on Turn 8, but the AI freaked out when I played Mordecai and kept trying to kill him. Seeing the new story missions makes me want a game mode where you can run decks with cards from different crafts and try to discover all the sick combos you can pull.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

I was doing Erika's new story chapters and I got OTKed by a 20/20 Rune Blade Summoner and Demon Commander Laura (gives followers storm if in vengeance).

Sorcerer is OP. He has both Vengeance and Spellboost. Got hit with all three timeworn mage Levis and revelations. AI is cheat. Since he plays Fates Hand and blood pact, I think milling him is the only way you can win.

E: Of course I win by just going second and spamming Albert. Sword is so trash without him.

Or you could just play banner and steamroll that poo poo.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, in my first forest post-patch match I got all three gobbo mages in my mulligan hand. Ahahaha.

RIP you crazy roach elf lady, no more throwing roaches to the people in front of your forest. I will miss just how balanced you were.

Oh well, back to making people rage-quit with annoying control stuff I guess.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is this worth keeping or should I keep rollin? I wasn't sure with Skullfane being there.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Mr E posted:

Is this worth keeping or should I keep rollin? I wasn't sure with Skullfane being there.

I'd probably reroll. I see like three legends I'd put in vastly different decks (Cerberus for Aggro Shadow, Bloodhungry Matriarch for Control Blood, and Prince of Darkness for Wallet Dragon/Haven) and one legend thats fun but not that great (Dragoon).

Incidentally, I am finally within one card (missing 1x Sahaquiel) of finally being able to play Wallet Dragon. It's only taken two months of opening packs. And it doesn't even run Forte :smith:

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Months, and by months I mean since release, I haven't got a single viable forest gold/legendary outside of one Tia from the start. 14 packs from the Elite AI gave me (10 standard, 4 DE):

2x Ancient Elf
3x Silverbolt
2x Altered Fate
2x Elf Knight Cynthia
2x Elf Girl Liza
1x Rhinceroach
1x Crystalia Tia

Still not going to play Forestcraft. :colbert:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

is PTP forest still a thing, why haven't I seen it in forever, or is it just roach is the disgusting fotm

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

PTP is too slow while daria exists. Hopefully the piercing ruin nerf should get rid of some of the daria on the ladder but all my ranked matches for missions today were against daria. Honestly I feel like they just replaced the roach meta (which needed to go) with a daria and anti-daria meta because the piercing rune nerf is whatever while running a roach deck is going to massively inconsistent now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
^^^ LOL, yeah, it will get rid of her ^^^

Lord Ephraim posted:

Months, and by months I mean since release, I haven't got a single viable forest gold/legendary outside of one Tia from the start. 14 packs from the Elite AI gave me (10 standard, 4 DE):

2x Ancient Elf
3x Silverbolt
2x Altered Fate
2x Elf Knight Cynthia
2x Elf Girl Liza
1x Rhinceroach
1x Crystalia Tia

Still not going to play Forestcraft. :colbert:

You never get to bitch about bad pack luck again.

Hey, what do you know?, ranked is infested by Daria, such a nerfed deck.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

"The roach meta" which somehow always had more Daria than roach at all levels of the ladder.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Roach also had plenty of ways to play around compared to Draw 5 cards, make them free, poo poo out instant giant board states.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

"The roach meta" which somehow always had more Daria than roach at all levels of the ladder.

Well, Daria was about equal in power to roach and completely brainless, which was one of its main draws. Now it will still be brainless but maybe, just maybe, it will not auto-win games where the *other* guy drew the nuts.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

So what deck would you be laddering with now?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

So what deck would you be laddering with now?

Daria (maybe, we'll have to wait and see), Aggro sword/shadow, tempo forest. Things should not have changed much.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 27, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

What does the tempo forest list look like? The only thing I've seen is roach based combo decks, and I wouldn't trust doing that when you whiff goblins now. I do have a Daria deck and it performs basically about the same as before, except that you can't do the totally insane play when going second.... except that you STILL have the crimson sorcery in hand and can still dump it on peoples faces next turn anyways, but I really don't like using it because it's so boring to play unlike roaches was.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

What does the tempo forest list look like? The only thing I've seen is roach based combo decks, and I wouldn't trust doing that when you whiff goblins now. I do have a Daria deck and it performs basically about the same as before, except that you can't do the totally insane play when going second.... except that you STILL have the crimson sorcery in hand and can still dump it on peoples faces next turn anyways, but I really don't like using it because it's so boring to play unlike roaches was.

Lots of fairy generation (water fairy, circle, fairy whisperer) to flood the board, Liza to protect your fairies, and Cynthia (plus wind god in some decks) to make your fairies hit hard. Then the stuff that is always there: roaches, tia, ancient elf, princess mage, sylvan. Finally you add some flavor with stuff like the wolf+bolt, DoD, or will of the forest, etc.

Basically, it's like roach without anything that smells like a goblin, plus midrange cards to buff your fairies and an optional finisher. You push damage with the fairies, control the board with tias and ancient elves, and use roach and maybe something else to seal the deal.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 27, 2017

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

Lots of fairy generation (water fairy, circle, fairy whisperer) to flood the board, Liza to protect your fairies, and Cynthia (plus wind god in some decks) to make your fairies hit hard. Then the stuff that is always there: roaches, tia, ancient elf, princess mage, sylvan. Finally you add some flavor with stuff like the wolf+bolt, DoD, or will of the forest, etc.

So something like this? I got this list from a friend for doing the story, but idk if it was an actual comp deck.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yukari posted:

So something like this? I got this list from a friend for doing the story, but idk if it was an actual comp deck.

Yeah, something like that, although I am not so sure about the goblins, you can probably replace them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you do want goblins. you dont want fairy whisperers. you want wind gods.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Roach was the meta because it had the best win rate, now it's going to be Daria. If you want to rank up either play Daria or something that beats Daria because there that is all that is going to be on the ladder. Tempo anything is going to get destroyed because you can't outtempo Daria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I remember having a ton of trouble trying to run tempo forest in the initial RoB meta... I'm surprised that shadowlog is showing such good stats for it especially vs Daria, I don't really know what might have changed and I'm pretty skeptical either way.

• Locked thread