Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

quote:

Im 'm pretty happy with SC. I singed up last year when the 3.0 footage was shown off but I can see why some people aren't into it. It'll get finished eventually now their using Amazon's software and servers its like the biggest game using their stuff so Amazon has a vested interest in it not failing.

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Quoting from forever ago but: "We have such sights to show you."

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I think I really want SC to be released and then all the chariots to have their prices divided by 100 or so in the cash store because the development is funded already.

The tears would be amazing.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Star citizen is the most realistic game ever made.

Is this the moment the friendly NPC reveals himself as an alien shape-shifting abomination that plans to destroy you and everything you ever loved?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

SelenicMartian posted:

The really final gift from the latest AtV.

http://i.imgur.com/MaBzp1k.mp4

from the past, but this is real real good

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

AbstractNapper posted:

Is this the moment the friendly NPC reveals himself as an alien shape-shifting abomination that plans to destroy you and everything you ever loved?

You've opened the Crobberts Configuration. They've come to show you pleasures and pains indivisible.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Maybe they should concentrate on mastering smaller words themselves, like "co-opt"

Also some basic grammar children learn immediately in school

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You're all invited to my rooftop Switch party this weekend by the way

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

drat. The [name] and [job role] arent even edits..thats legit how they respond. I died.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Goobs posted:

drat. The [name] and [job role] arent even edits..thats legit how they respond. I died.

Ha! Even their automated email responses are unfinished and poorly thought out. :D

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_Jack_Assery/status/835958609846611968

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
I would love to see all the SC "body horror" imagery in one museum exhibit.

The stretched man (drrrrr).

The twisted wrist nightmare.

The homoerotic, head spinning, John Carpenter's The Thing atrocity.

The floating eyeball spaceman.

You could call the exhibition, "Piss Chris".

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mr Fronts posted:

I would love to see all the SC "body horror" imagery in one museum exhibit.

The stretched man (drrrrr).

The twisted wrist nightmare.

The homoerotic, head spinning, John Carpenter's The Thing atrocity.

The floating eyeball spaceman.

You could call the exhibition, "Piss Chris".

Someone needs to do a (probably incredibly difficult and complicated) script to auto-edit the Ferris Bueller gallery scene where you just upload images and it spits out a video

I had the idea, that's like 90% of the work, now go program it someone! I'm just like Chris!

Streetroller
Jun 11, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

Ha! Even their automated email responses are unfinished and poorly thought out. :D

How do you gently caress up a Zendesk canned response?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Streetroller posted:

Well being CIG I guess it takes four people three days to make that happen.

By the way, without doxxing, was the name "Chris Roberts" and the job "Chairman"?

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Fatkraken posted:

Someone needs to do a (probably incredibly difficult and complicated) script to auto-edit the Ferris Bueller gallery scene where you just upload images and it spits out a video

I had the idea, that's like 90% of the work, now go program it someone! I'm just like Chris!

You forgot to wave your hands about vaguely, you hack

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I think CR expanded the scope of the PU and made Squadron 42 a seperate game so he could build his company up to where he wanted it to be. Now that he got his AAA game company for free, I expect things to be developed a lot faster in 2017 and beyond. But, will see.

In the end, I'm almost as excited to maybe read a book about how he was able to accomplish building a multimillion dollar company solely on backer pledges than I am about the game.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I was thinking about this sort of person a few days ago. Story time.

When I was a kid, I got super excited about the stuff I was getting for xmas or birthdays. So much so, I'd make things to play with the new stuff in preparation, usually out of cereal boxes.

This is like that. Except these people aren't doing stuff with discarded card, they're spending thousands of dollars on tech that they don't even know will be compatible. They are also adults.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Inquisition in the Peninsula didn't give a gently caress about cats or witches, what they were concerned about where hidden jews and muslims. Witch trials were a protestant thing, the Inquisition knew there were no real witches.

/derail

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Literally a religion.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Did anyone post this yet because I just laughed for like 5 minutes

Poe's Law.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Goobs posted:

Yes but they're clearly hiring.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Did anyone post this yet because I just laughed for like 5 minutes

I liked that one.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Streetroller posted:

I don't think I ever saw this linked in the thread but I listened to the one hour interview with you in the background the other day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCpHIAE-3Q

Kinda fun. However this is the the correct way to describe SA to the media.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yup. But each time we say it, and show evidence of them actually doing it, the cowardly bastards lie about it.

:shrug:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

I watched a SC stream once. The guy posted his referral link. I clicked it and gave SC an email-address, a nickname, a password and 0$.

I'm a Star Citizen. I backed the game.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Who the gently caress spend at least a grand on a setup only to go with twinsticks instead of a real HOTAS ? Good luck using that Nostromos POS with VR.

The only way i could justify this is a shared setup with a lefty and a righty playing at the same rig but we all know Citizens lives alone and you cant share twin packs.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

aleksendr posted:

Who the gently caress spend at least a grand on a setup only to go with twinsticks instead of a real HOTAS ? Good luck using that Nostromos POS with VR.

The only way i could justify this is a shared setup with a lefty and a righty playing at the same rig but we all know Citizens lives alone and you cant share twin packs.

On the other hand that trombone in the corner could come in handy when Star Citizen is cancelled.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Virtual Captain posted:

On the other hand that trombone in the corner could come in handy when Star Citizen is cancelled.

Unless they do something illegal or get sued into oblivion i think SC is in the "too big to fail" territory. Even if they completely vanish from public eye a few thousand of hardcore spergs are willing to give them 10$ a month forever for a buggy tech demo, so expect them to be around as a comedy source for a long, long time.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/835861811589234688

I take it these sales numbers are accurate as possible with CIG's farce of transparency. I've gotta think the Hurricane did not live up to CIGs sales hopes, the prospector sold like poo poo despite being the one of the 2 dedicated mining vehicles. But ok probably not a lot of players are interested in mining, a (what looks to be) overpowered starter ship should get the money flowing again right!?

As things become more desperate, I imagine we may some insane concept jpegs.

quote:

The Hurricane is currently scheduled to become flight-ready later this year. Because it is a smaller spacecraft, which uses the existing Anvil design aesthetic and dogfighting mechanics already tested in the Star Citizen Alpha, we expect it to come online earlier in the pipeline.
This year huh? CIG low on shovels?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

aleksendr posted:

also, if youre going to spend big bucks on a setup like this, lol if youre using mechanical sticks. force sensing is so much better.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

So what happened to Octopode anyways? Did he get kidnapped by ex-KGB or what?

Alright. You may not believe this, but it's 110% true.

One night at the DOD we were working late. I was polishing server racks and Octopode was developing the newest version of Windows 11 by himself during his smoke break. His normal job of keeping mankind safe can be boring, as he stops international terrorists via hacking their cellphones and making them explode as just one of the many thousands of things he does; when not giving advice to the Chiefs of Staff and President. One of his crafted hacks got out to the public though, that's why the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 can't be used anymore. But he's just THAT kind of awesome. :monocle:

So this one night, he comes to me and says, "My people need me. I believe in Star Citizen, but not enough." And then he jumped out the fourth story window and I kid you not but he lit a jet pack and flew off into the night, heading east. The only thing left is the sick burn marks he left behind here, and on the side of the building.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I like the guy wearing cold weather clothes with flip flops.

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/835295776502775808/photo/1

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That doesn't even look like Crobblers.

Also:

quote:

Hurricane Sale

The Anvil Hurricane concept sale starts today. This devastating fighter ship was designed for the Second Tevarin War, but decommissioned at the war’s end. It wasn’t until 200 years later that the Navy resurrected the ship’s focused firepower design to use against the Vanduul. Learn more about its unusual history here.

This is from their newsletter they mail out. Their lore people are complete poo poo.
Hey guys it's a 200 year old design but it's still better than anything we currently have...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

Also:

This is from their newsletter they mail out. Their lore people are complete poo poo.
Hey guys it's a 200 year old design but it's still better than anything we currently have...

Brb preparing my trebuchet :psyduck:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Lladre posted:

Their lore people are complete poo poo.

Hey, write what you know.

To a lore writer working in the CIG offices, interminable development cycles with not much to show for it is the most realistic sci-fi space engineering timeline imaginable.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lladre posted:

Also:

I believe Ben usually writes that stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I believe Ben usually writes that stuff.

I'm just guessing here but would 200 years ago be in the wing Commander timeline?