Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

never stop dunking on spidey

Rocket doesn't even have to try, Spidey makes it so easy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MJ has the thousand yard stare of a woman who just realized that "yup, this is my life now."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Rocket will end this adventure believing that Star Lord is the smartest human alive.

e: perhaps due to uplift experiments by passing aliens, just like him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Peter: Well I'm no Reed Richards or Tony Stark, but I am actually considered highly intelligent for a human!
Rocket: You ain't painting your species in a particularly favorable light, kid

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

That's maybe the most bloodthirsty Rocket and then the most adorable Rocket, one after the other.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

From this storyline alone.

techknight posted:

NSM Theatre #4

techknight posted:

NSM Theatre #3

techknight posted:

NSM Theatre #2

techknight posted:

NSM Theatre #1

jyrque posted:

How about eight frames

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spidey the first thing you talked about with Rocket is that he's a talking raccoon.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he just mimed slitting a throat with that thumb

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why post a thumb but not the whole thing?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Needing something to breathe in in your current setting sounds like a pretty helpful detail Rocket.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Meanwhile, Albuquerque lies in smoking ruins.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

CapnAndy posted:

Meanwhile, Albuquerque lies in smoking ruins.

And the sentry hasn't even gotten there yet.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SilverSupernova posted:

Needing something to breathe in in your current setting sounds like a pretty helpful detail Rocket.

I can understand if he didn't bother making a back-up plan after "shoot him a bunch." How often is that not gonna work?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hang on, hang on - you mean to say that Ronan needs his helmet to be able to breathe on Earth? I feel this is a point that should be reiterated several times because of its importance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samovar posted:

Hang on, hang on - you mean to say that Ronan needs his helmet to be able to breathe on Earth? I feel this is a point that should be reiterated several times because of its importance.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Electro-magnetism, you say? Can't imagine how that will become relevant in short order.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Electro-magnetism, you say? Can't imagine how that will become relevant in short order.

magneto will fly over in his car

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

In a last ditch effort to pry off the magnetized helmet Newspaper Spider-Man reveals the deadliest weapon in his arsenal of gadgets...the wooden crowbar

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Spider-Man fakes a terrorist attack to trick the FBI into disabling the electromagnetic lock for him.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

Then its revealed that Ronan's helmet is made out of wood and Magneto skulks away.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mover posted:

In a last ditch effort to pry off the magnetized helmet Newspaper Spider-Man reveals the deadliest weapon in his arsenal of gadgets...the wooden crowbar
Comic fact: The first Green Lantern was vulnerable to wooden objects:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Alhazred posted:

Then its revealed that Ronan's helmet is made out of wood and Magneto skulks away.

a wooden helmet... they tricked him, with a wooden helmet

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, fwiw if I were a supervillain with a techno-suit and a breathing apparatus, electromagnetic sealing would be my first choice.

I'm in love. I'd buy a number of bound annuals of The Ongoing and Continued Adventures of Recap Man.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wouldn't use magnetic sealing, too vulnerable to dicks with high powered electromagnets.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Alhazred posted:

Comic fact: The first Green Lantern was vulnerable to wooden objects:

Haha, holy poo poo! I never knew until now that a gag in Marshal Law where he takes down the 'Blue Battery' by beating the poo poo out of him with a chair ("what's your weakness, wood? Nah, that's stupid") so he gets "splinters in [his] ring hand" was based on the actual original. I should have known better. Pat Mills may hate superheroes, but he does his research.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Alhazred posted:

So that's how they introduce Newspaper Groot.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Payndz posted:

Haha, holy poo poo! I never knew until now that a gag in Marshal Law where he takes down the 'Blue Battery' by beating the poo poo out of him with a chair ("what's your weakness, wood? Nah, that's stupid") so he gets "splinters in [his] ring hand" was based on the actual original. I should have known better. Pat Mills may hate superheroes, but he does his research.

In The Kingdom (the crappy spin-off sequel to Kingdom Come) "New Oa", the satellite nation formed by GL's power ring, is attacked by a terrorist with a toothpick.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

At last!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I want the sentry to start dancing in the middle of the street, just destroy these people's pride with his sick dance moves. you should have specified, ronan

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That sentry is way smaller than it looked before.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The sentry's going to burst into random diners, ask baffling questions, and destroy the inhabitants when they answer. Just like Ronan wanted.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Push El Burrito posted:

The Kree built 'em in all sizes OKAY

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

those cars are just really big

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I really, really hope that spiderman just pulls out a can opener.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

spiderman you have the ability to climb things and jump really high you don't need to stand on rockets head to peek over the ridge

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

quite stretched out posted:

spiderman you have the ability to climb things and jump really high you don't need to stand on rockets head to peek over the ridge

Need, no. Want, yes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"i've got a different approach- i am gonna go take a nap while you and mj deal with this alien business."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Spidey is gonna walk up to Ronan and say "You think you're so great, I bet you can't do THIS" and take his mask off.

And it'll work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Spidey is gonna walk up to Ronan and say "You think you're so great, I bet you can't do THIS" and take his mask off.

And it'll work.

Oh God I hope so.

• Locked thread