Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Regalingualius posted:

I remember mentioning how just about everyone was drawing Bannon as the ghoul he looks like... Which started something like a page of "creative" descriptions of him.

Walking talking hatecrime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Lol holy poo poo this is a real thing they had.

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

Lol holy poo poo this is a real thing they had.

Incredible. "If God can judge people, why can't I?"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

All of those panel names sound like the most insufferable white person tears imaginable.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

May's way into 3rd wave ska

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I feel bad for all those cartoonists that now have to redo their Oscar hot-takes.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

plainswalker75 posted:

I feel bad for all those cartoonists that now have to redo their Oscar hot-takes.
I was unable to watch due to travel, what happened? Just minimal politicizing?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vib Rib posted:

They read the wrong card for best picture.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
They accidentally announced La La Land for Best Picture because they had the wrong card.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

plainswalker75 posted:

As if they're not gleefully rubbing their hands at a new opportunity to draw a shrill Hillary insisting she was the real winner.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

plainswalker75 posted:

David Rowe:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I'm going to be very disappointed when no political cartoonist makes a Bojack reference.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Could someone explain that Rall? I can't even decipher it.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

Dimebags Brain posted:

They read the wrong card for best picture.

This was some loving nutty live TV. Personally I blame Matt Damon

Pants Donkey posted:

I'm going to be very disappointed when no political cartoonist makes a Bojack reference.

https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/836082284348366849

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Discendo Vox posted:

Could someone explain that Rall? I can't even decipher it.

The woman's mother is being arrested and pepper sprayed/beaten for the 'crime' of not recycling, juxtaposing the joke with the intent of the administration of deport anyone at will for any crime, presumed or otherwise. The woman seems to not to mind, because in Rall's world saying "I told you so" is the same as feeling empathy. Also, a holocaust reference because of course there is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

plainswalker75 posted:

Don't worry, most of them will be too busy going insane because Best Supporting Actor went to a black Muslim.

By the way, did everyone stop posting cartoons and let King Possum do it? I put him on ignore because I was sick of his gimmick, but now I'm not seeing many cartoons.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

Don't worry, most of them will be too busy going insane because Best Supporting Actor went to a black Muslim.

By the way, did everyone stop posting cartoons and let King Possum do it? I put him on ignore because I was sick of his gimmick, but now I'm not seeing many cartoons.

I don't think it's a gimmick, I think he's just a bit dumb/lazy? Maybe you should count to ten before mashing the ignore button.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It'd be nice if dumps were broken down instead of 50 toons at once (a fourth already posted)

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starshark posted:

I don't think it's a gimmick, I think he's just a bit dumb/lazy? Maybe you should count to ten before mashing the ignore button.

Guys, I'll be the first to admit I can be a bit dumb sometimes, but I'm trying very hard not to duplicate myself or others.

I also try not to put more than 10 to 15 cartoons in one post. I can reduce it to no more than 10 at a time if the thread prefers that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Pants Donkey posted:

It'd be nice if dumps were broken down instead of 50 toons at once (a fourth already posted)

I think some PYF threads have "x images per post" as either a guideline or a hard rule, so you could think about specifying a number for the dumpers. 10?

King Possum III posted:

Guys, I'll be the first to admit I can be a bit dumb sometimes, but I'm trying very hard not to duplicate myself or others.

I also try not to put more than 10 to 15 cartoons in one post. I can reduce it to no more than 10 at a time if the thread prefers that.

I think some people are peeved because they used to follow and post a cartoonist or two here but suddenly you grabbed most of them and started dumping them in megaposts. I agree with Jonas that chill small posts are better to read than constant big repositories of cartoons.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 27, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

King Possum III posted:

This is just my personal opinion, but anything past 6 feels a bit much.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
A billion pictures in one post is especially hard to quote selectively from a smartphone. But then, I guess any long post is. Why am I posting complicated things from a smartphone anyway though?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Okay, I'll compromise by cutting it down to no more than 8 at a time.

If I have more than 8, would you prefer I post the next batch in a separate post immediately afterwards, or maybe wait an hour or so before posting more?

Also, I can disappear altogether if I've annoyed everyone too much.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

King Possum III posted:

Okay, I'll cut it down to no more than 8 at a time.

If I have more than 8, would you prefer I post the next batch in a separate post immediately afterwards, or maybe wait an hour or so before posting more?

Don't disappear.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A good Bok?????

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Cat Mattress posted:

A good Bok?????

Keep in mind he's probably arguing that those Republicans are cowards afraid to do the "right thing" or whatever.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
:justpost: but smaller and space them out. Also no lovely facebook political meme pics. If you want you can also drop cartoonists you don't really care about and stick to the ones you like or hate. Or stick to the bland ones that wouldn't otherwise get posted idk you do you.

That's my 2 cents anyways.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

King Possum III posted:

Okay, I'll compromise by cutting it down to no more than 8 at a time.

I think posing a small batch, waiting for people to comment, and then posting the rest is the optimal way to go about this. It'll not only make it easier for us in the thread, but it will also prevent some noteworthy cartoons from being lost in the pile and ignored. Thank you for you service, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like that he realized this bad cartoon could be read as support for the Oscars taking a political stance, so he added the "NO-GOOD LIBERALS" plaque.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I appreciate the suggestions, so I'll try doing it that way, and we'll see how it works.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:justpost: kill em all no mercy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I prefer the avalanche of bad cartoons

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

A good Bok?????

I think BoK, Gorrell, Ramirez, etc are all having moral crises and showing they are not total robots.

Branco is the one that thinks "everyone sees me as an rear end in a top hat? I must be doing something right." Then draws a lecherous old man man watching girl scouts take dumps in a public restroom.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Kurtofan posted:

I prefer the avalanche of bad cartoons

Personally I too hope to drown in poo poo

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Li'l Rat Bannon continues to be amusing.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I know someone else normally links The Nib's offerings, but they haven't been to the thread yet this morning, and I absolutely love this one.

Color Blind

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Oh Yeah!
Operation Enduring Freedom is in the house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

.Edward Penischin posted:

Oh Yeah!
Operation Enduring Freedom is in the house!
Oh, that's why that clipart is so familiar.

• Locked thread