Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Continuum is the best one.

Was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I just finished episode 3. It's literally Wes Anderson Presents Homeland. It's insane how good it is, actually, every episode is like a great Hal Hartley film or something.

I finished it last night, you're in for a treat. I'm calling it a masterpiece atm, see how i feel after a rewatch.

There is a scene in the last or second last episode, that will win scene of the year.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Richard from The 4400 (that's where I first saw and really liked him) won an Oscar tonight. So everything is good in the world for this short time.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

precision posted:

I just finished episode 3. It's literally Wes Anderson Presents Homeland. It's insane how good it is, actually, every episode is like a great Hal Hartley film or something.

Yeah it kind of matches that vibe a little bit but it's kind of its own thing really.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

X-O posted:

Richard from The 4400 (that's where I first saw and really liked him) won an Oscar tonight. So everything is good in the world for this short time.

What I'm about to say is so loving typical in a way, as if the ultimate compliment for any actor is to fantasy cast him in some revival or other geek property. But if Hollywood decides the world needs a Jonny Quest movie, then the world needs Mahershala Ali to play Race Bannon.

Fight me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

What I'm about to say is so loving typical in a way, as if the ultimate compliment for any actor is to fantasy cast him in some revival or other geek property. But if Hollywood decides the world needs a Jonny Quest movie, then the world needs Mahershala Ali to play Race Bannon.

Fight me.

Well if the Vice President isn't available then why not.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and call Patriot the best show of the year, I can't see how anything could top it except maybe The Americans.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

Yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and call Patriot the best show of the year, I can't see how anything could top it except maybe The Americans.

We're getting another season of Better Call Saul ain't we?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know it's not related to TV, but it was on TV so... this is pretty amazing.

https://twitter.com/MNightShyamalan/status/836084032798670848

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I was bummed La La Land won, then Twitter blew up, I turned on my TV and Barry Jenkins was on stage. Probably the best TV moment I'll have this year.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nice job on the prankster handing them the wrong card

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Shooting Blanks posted:

I just saw (I think) that there's no Homeland thread - am I the only one still watching this show?

No! Last episode I saw was the one where Quinn has his, well, episode. You should make a thread for it, I wanna talk about it. Seems like a good season so far, not amazing. And Quinn has an even bigger coincidence than getting shot and almost dying next a doctor that lives next door to a terrorist.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

precision posted:

I wouldn't say it's the best show of the year but it was really drat good. I'm catching up on The Americans now and its super loving good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I know it's not related to TV, but it was on TV so... this is pretty amazing.

https://twitter.com/MNightShyamalan/status/836084032798670848

Probably came after about 12 trillion people tweeted the same drat joke

that or "LOL I WISH THE ELECTION HAD ENDED THIS WAY LOL"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Did something actually interesting/funny happen, or at the end of a long night did someone just botch reading a card?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They gave Warren Beaty the wrong card. The interesting part is that the La La Land people all got to come up and pretty much give their entire thank you speeches and then the Moonlight people got to do it after. Yet again Black people are relegated to the back of the bus!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I just loved Warren Beatty coming out before they handed the awards to the Moonlight crew and basically saying, "Look, I'm going to give you the mic, but first I have to say, I'm not senile. I wasn't loving around with Faye. We. had. the. wrong. CARD."

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pan Dulce posted:

I just loved Warren Beatty coming out before they handed the awards to the Moonlight crew and basically saying, "Look, I'm going to give you the mic, but first I have to say, I'm not senile. I wasn't loving around with Faye. We. had. the. wrong. CARD."
He 100% would have been blamed for being senile/blind/etc. without that comment.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Did something actually interesting/funny happen, or at the end of a long night did someone just botch reading a card?

If you don't think the wrong winner being announced for best picture at the oscars and the wrong people making their acceptance speeches then being interrupted and literally having to hand their oscars over to the real winners live on stage is funny/interesting then I don't know what to tell you

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pretty intense and rad conspiracy on this season of Homeland.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Gonz posted:

Yeah i'm really enjoying this season, the conspiracy plotline is good and unfolding interestingly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah i'm really enjoying this season, the conspiracy plotline is good and unfolding interestingly

I know, right? I've gotta know what the hell that half-empty building and sub-basement is supposed to be.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's the jews. Er, the Mossad or some fringe group within the Mossad.

They showed the Mossad screwing with Saul earlier in the season and I think their plan is unfolding. Making another Arab or Iranian the bad guy is too predictable.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 27, 2017

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Josh Lyman posted:

He 100% would have been blamed for being senile/blind/etc. without that comment.

https://twitter.com/Ihnatko/status/836091971773018113

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Mu Zeta posted:

They showed the Mossad screwing with Saul earlier in the season and I think their plan is unfolding. Making another Arab or Iranian the bad guy is too predictable.

Umm I'm pretty sure it's the heads of the intelligence US agencies trying to get rid of the President-Elect whose plan is to reform and restructure those agencies, limiting their power. Early in the season, when Saul and Dar went to meet the P-E, the people from the other agencies were rolling there eyes or making comments as they passed each other in the halls. Then there was a backroom meeting of the heads of those agencies where Saul either didn't want to attend or wasn't allowed to, I forgot already.
They could easily have enlisted the Israelis into their plan because they have have an even bigger boner for war with Iran than the US do.

The last shot in yesterday's episode was the German BND lady from last season? No clue how she would factor into this though.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lurdiak posted:

Man, X-files, someone who can switch sexes at will is not exactly a spooky or mind-blowing concept.

Maybe I don't remember the early 90s mindset well enough.

Let's just remember that the most positive portrayal of transpeople in the early 90s was Robin Williams with his fake boobs on fire.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Other than the yellow Power Ranger.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Season 4 of The Americans was super loving good. I am surprised though because the ending of the season was rather low key. Like a lot of poo poo happened but it wasn't this huge " AHHhhhh IN YOUR FACE" ending.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
Homeland is good again so far, but this whole "American PMCs and rogue agencies possibly conspiring against the US" plot is a bit too 24 for my tastes. And of course I'll always be waiting in fear for the copout moment when Carrie goes off her meds again to solve the case. Because that's obviously how things work.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Season 4 of The Americans was super loving good. I am surprised though because the ending of the season was rather low key. Like a lot of poo poo happened but it wasn't this huge " AHHhhhh IN YOUR FACE" ending.

Yeah. The credits hit and it's just like "wait..."

So good though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hollismason posted:

Yeah, to me season 4 will probably turn out to be the quiet before the storm season. Season 3 was so tense and the stakes were so high, and then season 4 pulled back to focus mostly on the family again, and I assume seasons 5 and 6 (there's only gonna be 6, right?) will be pretty much nonstop. Hold onto yer butts, etc.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Well the revival wasn't really amazing or anything. The only good thing was the interview where Duchovney couldn't stop staring at her and was clearly still nuts about her.

Got a link?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shageletic posted:

Got a link?

I searched but can't find it. It was linked in the Xfiles thread but I I never commented or quoted the post.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

feedmyleg posted:

I mean, I live in deep hipster Brooklyn. I did not realize this was notable.

e: Also the biggest difference between BSG and The Expanse is that on BSG there are tons of likeable characters and in The Expanse everyone is made out of cardboard. But the premise and plotting are good enough that it's still quite watchable.

I took the train up to hipster land in Brooklyn like 8 years ago to visit a friend, and I wanted to punch almost every person I saw, and this comment made me laugh and you should know that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So they've got the last five eps of AoS on Hulu, that enough eps to catch up with this LMD thing. Gonna try and give the show another chance.

edit:

Rhyno posted:

I searched but can't find it. It was linked in the Xfiles thread but I I never commented or quoted the post.

no worries.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No, I do not thing that watching the last 5 episodes of a story heavy arc of a show you already don't like and aren't invested in the characters is going to suddenly make you like it.

It might depend a bit on when you stopped watching but the show's been great since season 2 so if you haven't liked it in some time since then what's the point of starting now?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Gonz posted:

Wandle Cax posted:

Mu Zeta posted:

If any of you comes up with a thread title I'll make the thread. I have never done so before, so I don't know if there are standards or something, but I think something beyond "Homeland season 6, let's talk about it" would be good.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Make sure to include a whole bunch of gifs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

No, I do not thing that watching the last 5 episodes of a story heavy arc of a show you already don't like and aren't invested in the characters is going to suddenly make you like it.

It might depend a bit on when you stopped watching but the show's been great since season 2 so if you haven't liked it in some time since then what's the point of starting now?

IDK people are saying the LMD arch is good and poo poo a few pages back, but I've already watched some of it and you might be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
The newest episode of Homeland was fun and well written and well-edited and it was the poo poo.

• Locked thread