Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

If so, its either late or not being assigned based on EST.

Odd. CA is british, would have expected a GMT release.

If it isn't EST it's probably PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Aurubin posted:

I mean, I would too. Magical Fake China would be fun to see. TW fans always say they want a game set in medeival China, close enough!

I expect they'll start adding in the more unknown factions either after the second expansion or the third. At that point they should have enough models from the main factions that smaller and, well, non-GW ones shouldn't be too much work to make. Given how much of a cash cow it seems the game has been so far something like "unknown realms" DLC wouldn't be too big a stretch for them to start on.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if expansion 3 deleted all the content from 1 and 2 and replaced it with STORMCAST ETERNALS(tm) and STEAMHEAD DURADIN(tm)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/534330/

The steam page for the DLC has a countdown

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Phrosphor posted:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if expansion 3 deleted all the content from 1 and 2 and replaced it with STORMCAST ETERNALS(tm) and STEAMHEAD DURADIN(tm)

Orruks, Seraphon, and Bloodsecrators, oh my!

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Mordja posted:

Orruks, Seraphon, and Bloodsecrators, oh my!

Stormlords storming across the stormlands in a storm of storming storm storm.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

420 Gank Mid posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/534330/

The steam page for the DLC has a countdown

But don't forget!

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/835142259540557825

https://dashboard.totalwar.com/home <- sign up here for that thing (tm)

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 27, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So that's what... 11AM EST?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

So that's what... 11AM EST?

Lemme think... 17:00 GMT +1 (the time here in NORSCA) so.. yes. 11:00 for east coast US, 10:00 midwest aaand 09:00 westcoast unless im horribly mistaken?

Edit: yes i am wrong, theres another timezone between the midwest and westcoast, so 09:00 in Arizona time and 08:00 westcoast time!

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 27, 2017

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Phrosphor posted:

for the love of god don't give them any ideas

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Aurubin posted:

I sincerely doubt they'll include Araby, Cathay, Nippon, Ind, or Khuresh. It'd be awesome if they did, kinda racist caricatures aside, but they'd have to create them out of mostly whole cloth. Heck they couldn't be arsed to do anything for Kislev, Estalia, or Tilea. Giving them funny hats might have been enough even if the rosters were the same as Empire The 3rd expansion will be Demons, Tomb Kings, Ogres, and Chaos Dwarfs.

I never said they'd be playable, just that the datamining has those regions being added in DLC along with the major races living in those areas. They'll probably all be generic human factions like Estalia and Tilea and Kislev. Datamining suggests there will only be two expansions - the New World and Daemons. Tomb Kings, for example, were slotted as race 8, which would make them the first DLC after the New World expansion.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Aurubin posted:

Don't expand quickly, the Chaos Invasion is tuned to how many settlements you own/sacked/razed. Get Reikland under control, don't make anything more than non-aggression/military access pacts with Empire factions to avoid needless conflict. Build walls on all your small settlements. After that, I usually go after Marienburg or destroy Skarsnik if Karak Norn didn't get lucky. Then wait for some province to get it's butt kicked bad enough to want to confederate; going after the orcs or penning in the Vampires in the meantime. The Wood Elves are assholes who will probably destroy Bretonnia, not much you can do about that besides beat them back in later turns. Green Chaos.

For battles, micromanage your lord and archers. Your lord, Balthasar aside, goes after theirs. If they get bogged down in units while the opposing breaks free, click furiously on what you want killed and your lord will eventually extricate himself. Put him a fair distance ahead of your front line and make a beeline for the opposing lord, unless it's Grimgor, in which case you kite him while you use handgunners or cavalry to chip away at him. For your archers, group them as a unit and have them all target their missile units, one at a time, till each group breaks and runs, then flank the enemy units with your archers/handgunners. Make sure you understand what anti-large, armor-piercing, etc. are good for and use appropriately. Also, artillery. Mortars are really good, especially in the beginning. Don't be afraid to pause a bunch if you're playing singleplayer.

Thanks for the tips. I think that was my problem, I expanded too quickly. I also managed to piss off half the map too, somehow, I had dwarves and the elves gunning for me within two turns apart. Not sure how that happened other than the dwaves attacking a trade partner and the elves just being assholes, but whatever. I'll be restarting that campaign anyway.

I think it would be a cool addition to the game if they added other cultures to the game. I'd totally be down for playing Shogun 2 in my Warhams.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cythereal posted:

I never said they'd be playable, just that the datamining has those regions being added in DLC along with the major races living in those areas. They'll probably all be generic human factions like Estalia and Tilea and Kislev. Datamining suggests there will only be two expansions - the New World and Daemons. Tomb Kings, for example, were slotted as race 8, which would make them the first DLC after the New World expansion.

If I''m not mistaken the datamining only found the Araby region. Nippon, Ind and Khuresh aren't on the map (and are way too far anyway).

There are the geographical features of Araby on the map, like the Bay of Corsairs and the Sorcerer's Islands, so I don't think it would be wild to expect them to have a reduced roster based on their Warmaster army list, similar to Bretonnia on release, or at the very least a reskinned human faction, putting turbans on Empire Spearmen, handgunners, fire mages, etc and calling it a day. They are known for trading with the Lizardmen and having pirates that mess up the southern seas, so they have gameplay value going for them. But of course, all of this could have been said of Kislev too, so I might be completely off the ball.

Worst case scenario Araby will all be dead and extended Khemri territory, best case scenario it eventually becomes a fully-featured faction because DLC needs to be sold and there are already eight factions out of the 16 army books ones and CA has recently mentioned each major expansion will feature four release factions, so....

[edit]I'd add that Chaos Dwarfs also lack an army book (just a White Dwarf and Forgeworld lists), but have been expected based on the Datamine.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 27, 2017

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I feel like Araby as a visually distinct human faction with a barebones roster is a good bet, at this point.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
If Kislev didn't get anything unique then I really really doubt they'll do anything for other human subfactions at this point.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Kislev was before the "WHOA THIS IS SUCCESSFUL" point and might still get something, though.

Who knooows

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
At least we have modders to fix this lovely game, [post the modded bears pic here].

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

magnificent

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
The Bretonnia keys can be redeemed on Total War Access now but I don't think the download/update is active yet.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Steam has started the updating.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
2.1GB update size for those who are interested.

So my key is redeemed on the site and it's bound to my account, but it won't unlock in DLC. It keeps telling me to restart Warhammer now that the DLC has been acquired and I'm unable to install it directly because it hasn't properly unlocked. I guess this is just pre-loading for the 4PM launch.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 27, 2017

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
The patch installed, but it tells you to "restart the game to claim your free DLC", which doesn't do anything at the moment. It will probably unlock a bit later.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Kopijeger posted:

The patch installed, but it tells you to "restart the game to claim your free DLC", which doesn't do anything at the moment. It will probably unlock a bit later.

I got that when I bought a DLC yesterday. Try restarting steam

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
That was one of the first things I tried. I checked custom battle and Bretonnia is still limited to the old roster. Trying to start a campaign leads to getting stuck on a button labelled "Claim free DLC".

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Is it appearing on the total war dashboard for anyone else? Isn't for me, but reddit is saying it is for some of them.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I clicked redeem and it showed an error, then it disappeared from my Inventory :whitewater:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
It's not showing up for me yet.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Their twitter hasn't changed from saying it'll release at 4PM GMT. This could just be a preload.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah probably, I saw the FLC in my inventory for a bit, guess it's not supposed to be there yet.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Download is stuck at 1.3 GB and no longer moving. Had hoped to play a bit this morning before starting my new job.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Will the DLC show up on the TW access page at 4?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Verranicus posted:

Download is stuck at 1.3 GB and no longer moving. Had hoped to play a bit this morning before starting my new job.

It does this quite a lot - just leave it a while and it'll carry on.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Will the DLC show up on the TW access page at 4?

It has already shown for me.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

It has already shown for me.

But not for meeeeeee :qq:

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Has Vlad's starting army always been this lame? It's a ton of bats and 3 varhgeists and the blood knights. I could have sworn he had troops when he was in the main VC faction. I guess Isabella is still unlocking tomorrow, so I'll probably devote today's snow day to bretonnia unless I end up going to work anyway...

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Blood Knights are most assuredly not lame as part of a starting army. Yeah, bats are kind of meh but Vargheists are easily my favorite unit for telling artillery to gently caress off and let my skellys have some fun.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

drgnvale posted:

Has Vlad's starting army always been this lame? It's a ton of bats and 3 varhgeists and the blood knights. I could have sworn he had troops when he was in the main VC faction. I guess Isabella is still unlocking tomorrow, so I'll probably devote today's snow day to bretonnia unless I end up going to work anyway...

I'd kill to start with Vargheists and Blood Knights. Sounds like the best starting lineup for any Vampire. Just raise dead some zombies and you got yourself an army.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Yeah, you can get a bunch of fodder on turn 1 to augment all those useful units and run rampant over all of Sylvania.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
OK, I've downloaded the patch, and I can *select* Bretonnia in the "new campaign" bit, but it says "claim free content" and takes me to the DLC page. Am I missing something or has it just not unlocked for the Total War Whatever people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Rogue 7 posted:

OK, I've downloaded the patch, and I can *select* Bretonnia in the "new campaign" bit, but it says "claim free content" and takes me to the DLC page. Am I missing something or has it just not unlocked for the Total War Whatever people?

Same, hasn't activated for a lot of people, yet. Has for some.

• Locked thread