Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Is banner good or banner bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Kinda bad, imo. Cavalry is inherently bad and the new units don't fix that, Sanaki seems like she might be okay except for the fact that a Red mage with Triangle Adept is almost useless in the meta, and then there's an archer too I guess.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Roger Explosion posted:

If anything, just like in Awakening, Owain will come with his own SORD and it will be a full-on Dave Strider legendary piece of crap.

owain will be a green and legendary sord++ will grant advantage against sword lords

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

The White Dragon posted:

owain will be a green and legendary sord++ will grant advantage against sword lords
Don't you loving play with my heart.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Woo, got a Klein; He has Glacies and Brave Bow+, along with Deathblow and Quick Riposte.

Deathblow with a Brave weapon seems absolutely devastating.

Most importantly it's my first 5* who isn't a gat drat swordlord :woop:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Bad.

Next banner apparently has Nino and Effie (yay) and Felicia (okay sure) and Setsuna (boo!). Wait until then.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Lachesis is in the game now!!!! She's real cute! I hope I can pull her! :3:

Eldigan is a cool dude too, even if he's another sword guy.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 27, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Does this company have a history of adding (really slow) ways to get specific heroes? Or have all their past games been 'YOU WANT A SINGLE CHARACTER FROM A ROSTER OF HUNDREDS? GIVE ME YOUR MONEY.'

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Clawtopsy posted:

Does this company have a history of adding (really slow) ways to get specific heroes? Or have all their past games been 'YOU WANT A SINGLE CHARACTER FROM A ROSTER OF HUNDREDS? GIVE ME YOUR MONEY.'

FFRK lets you exchange tokens you get from doing events to unlock specific mans, but the cash item in that game is equipment rather than characters. Hopefully they add something like that to this game, though; since feathers come in at such a trickle I can't really see the harm in having an expanded 1-2* hero rotation.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
37 orbs down hunting for Sanaki or Klein because I have nothing else left to do in the game and no units worth leveling, nothing but garbage :thumbsup:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have 4/5ths of team "unstoppable flying machines"

Hinoka with her +6spd/6atk buff, Caeda with her +6def/6 res, Cordillia/Camilla as wrecking balls. All I need is Catria and/or a flying mage and life will be grand!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The new characters paralogues are somehow more incesty than the last batch.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol, just lol, if you've read any of the dialogue in this game instead of furiously mashing skip

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The dialogue is fun though

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

The dialogue is fun though

You'd only know that if you read it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I read every word.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I read the dialogue once and discovered that the five star spear guy I rolled canonically spears his sister.

Basically now I understand why anime fandom and Reddit users overlap so much

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As if you need to read things.

Here, I already know how it will end.

An overtly evil dragon will be defeated via friendship in the name of peace.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm of the bold opinion that the mysterious guy in the mask is probably the guy who disappeared, and only mask-guy knows the whereabouts of.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mysterious Masked Man is actually a clone of Camus Zacharias made with a part of his soul after the events of Zacharias's Counterattack.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm glad to see Camilla, but are the rest good?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That's Catria, right? I heard she's good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Catria is actually by far the best roll you got there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

I read the dialogue once and discovered that the five star spear guy I rolled canonically spears his sister.

Basically now I understand why anime fandom and Reddit users overlap so much

It gets better. In the game they are from they have a shared ending the weapons they wield are named after the weapons used by another pair of incestuous twins.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

From what I've seen of Catria in action, she's awesome.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is the consensus for this banner to hold on to your precious orbs?

Running Tiki Y/Chrom/Robin M/Camilla all at 5* with a 5* Corrin M and a 4* Olivia as subs.

I don't see anything in the current banner that would make the team work better. So I guess I hold on for an Azura banner.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Funky Valentine posted:

Mysterious Masked Man is actually a clone of Camus Zacharias made with a part of his soul after the events of Zacharias's Counterattack.

He's the time-travelling son of Zacharias who performed a blood pact while murdering Alfonse's dad Hector.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving LOL thanks game for my 5 shiny new 3 stars.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
eh, the new paralogue isn't that bad. There wasn't a scene where they talk about people say they're loving

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Fire Emblem Heroes: The Banner Theme is Incest

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Super pumped to get 11 lovely 3 star units including a Wrys from a 5 colorless pull that was immediately abandoned

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Huh, they updated the banners again huh? Wait, Olwen?! gently caress yes, she was the second character I voted for, and the only reason she wasn't the first was because of the Marty Party. Well, I've got 20 orbs, might as well try my luck, but I doubt I'll

OH

MY

GOD

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
congrats on your waifu

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I got Sanaki and Klein, apparently those are the best two of the banner?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Klein should be pretty all right. Death blow basically negates the brave bow ATK stat tax. Since the brave bow also subtracts five speed he will end up match making a little worse than the other archers in arena. I've seen screenshots of 149 and 151 stats. Takumi is a 162 stat total for comparison. This can be either a good thing or bad thing for you depending on the rest of your team.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tsk_tm/status/830612439330795520

New thread title please

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Just saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5wgnxj/thats_21_takumis/

Twenty
One

Takumis

The choice quote

"This means he has spent $32142.86 assuming he's extremely lucky/got all of his takumis on double chance banner (the 20k per 7 takumi assumption) or $64285.71 in the general chance case (40k per 7 takumi)."

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used 60 orbs and the only decent thing was a 4star Effie. :suicide:

No game I don't want another 3 Henrys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Is there a way to view the artwork for units you don't have? I want to look at the art for the new units but I haven't had much luck finding it online.