Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cyber snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

cyber-erotic asphyxiation

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

happiness is mandatory, citizen consumer

it's nothing new tech-wise, though. i think one of the kinect example apps in the xbox one sdk pre-release was exactly this image. skeleton overlay, info about the face, and i think instead of happy: yes/no it had a range of emotion it could detect

the last computer vision conference i went to there were several companies demoing this tech, assigning percentages per face for a range of emotions. i spoke in depth to one guy who claimed they could analyse all the faces in a stadium crowd cam shot in realtime, but the issue was that marketers didn't really know what to do with the data and half their job was to try and come up with analytics that were simple enough for them actually to make use of

also the demo setup they had showed me as permanently 70%+ angry no matter what expression i tried to pull so i guess it worked pretty well

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh hey, your router got botted and you can't factory-wipe it. time to brick it.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

by the time the guy mentioned his lack of competency the third time i knew his experience would end badly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DJ Commie posted:

by the time the guy mentioned his lack of competency the third time i knew his experience would end badly

i liked this bit

quote:

Then, sometime in January, I came home to find my boy Adrian with his face in a book. Adrian reads a lot, but there is a time and place for everything, and this was gaming time and gaming place. "How's it going, Adrian?"

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

imo a person should only own tools that they understand how to use

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
a bloo bloo bloo I don't like wires

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
shoulda stuck to not having internet because he is not smart enough for it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

the last computer vision conference i went to there were several companies demoing this tech, assigning percentages per face for a range of emotions. i spoke in depth to one guy who claimed they could analyse all the faces in a stadium crowd cam shot in realtime, but the issue was that marketers didn't really know what to do with the data and half their job was to try and come up with analytics that were simple enough for them actually to make use of

also the demo setup they had showed me as permanently 70%+ angry no matter what expression i tried to pull so i guess it worked pretty well

make them into chernoff faces

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
Just Lol at this (or any) scrub who can't probe he own JTAG pads

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its cool that latvia got together and made a better router than the dd wrt people could

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have my desktop connected with ethernet and the rest of my stuff (laptop, phone, kindle...that's it) does wifi and it's p great. hundreds of megabyters per second beaming through the air all around me. some of it to my pocket-slate and some of it to my electric book. very cyberpunk.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
i was in austin a couple weeks ago and there was a guy in a 'bird control' vest walking around beaming one of those really bright green lasers at all of the trees. In the cyberpunk future of 2017 you can get a job shooting lasers at birds.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

MSPain posted:

i was in austin a couple weeks ago and there was a guy in a 'bird control' vest walking around beaming one of those really bright green lasers at all of the trees. In the cyberpunk future of 2017 you can get a job shooting lasers at birds.

its austin so that guy was not actually acting as an employee or representative of any company or agency

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

i have my desktop connected with ethernet and the rest of my stuff (laptop, phone, kindle...that's it) does wifi and it's p great. hundreds of megabyters per second beaming through the air all around me. some of it to my pocket-slate and some of it to my electric book. very cyberpunk.

It's starting to seem like our Cyberpunk reality is going to be less overt/obnoxious that a lot of the literature and I can't decide if I like it. Going to stock up on dumb wearable novelty poo poo anyway.

also this

Dave_Indeed posted:

Here I am on my throne of skulls plugged into the poo poo posting super computer.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

digging this look for twenty teens cyberpunk [plus sample from an old hardcore song]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ufimjXEbA

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

digging this look for twenty teens cyberpunk [plus sample from an old hardcore song]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ufimjXEbA

the animation is pretty neat, but most definitely mute the audio

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I just got this avatar this past weekend. I'm paranoid that someone on YOSPOS already has it. It seems like a pretty iconic shot from a classic hacker movie. Has anyone had a Whistler av already? I might've seen it somewhere

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
don't worry we've got a way to deal with these sorts of conflicts

you own a katana right?

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

the animation is pretty neat, but most definitely mute the audio

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is loving your computer and cumming in it cyberpunk?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bump_fn posted:

is loving your computer and cumming in it cyberspunk?

fix

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maximo Roboto posted:

I just got this avatar this past weekend. I'm paranoid that someone on YOSPOS already has it. It seems like a pretty iconic shot from a classic hacker movie. Has anyone had a Whistler av already? I might've seen it somewhere

It's a good avatar but I think a more YOSPOS quote would've been something like "hey guys, want to crash a few planes?" or whatever that line is

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

holy poo poo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Maximo Roboto posted:

is good avatar. just rewatched that like 2 weeks ago.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

i and a friend repurped some janky routers into bridges with third party firmware then i setup a local dns to start blocking various trackers and take an aggressive stance on corp monitoring along with a tunnel for remote security

this is the cyberpunk future i wanted i just need more neon in my living room

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mods

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Maximo Roboto posted:

i found out the other day that some pyf poster also has my av and was a bit put out, but it's still a rad av so who cares i guess

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's actually pretty cool

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I remember reading Neuromancer shortly after it came out and immediately thinking "this opening line will be a confusing bit of historical trivia one day when static goes away, I wonder if that's intentional". It was almost surely intentional.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i'd expect a tv tuned to a dead channel to look like a 404 or 503 these days

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

lol a tv tuner

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

every night i go out and look at the majestic NO SIGNAL in the sky

which is actually p cyberpunk if u think about it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

i'd expect a tv tuned to a dead channel to look like a 404 or 503 these days

a giant differentially shaded circle, rotating majestically

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

...as he looked west, the NO DISC logo bounced from the horizon, beginning its trek towards the zenith and beyond

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

...as he looked west, the NO DISC logo bounced from the horizon, beginning its trek towards the zenith and beyond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

I wonder what people even think "tuned" or "channel" mean in this context anymore.

• Locked thread