Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
What keys do you guys use for nades? I'm thinking I might use 2,3,4,5 for flash, smoke, he, molly respectively. Not sure how often I'll need to quick switch to pistol or knife. z,x,c,v are another option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
x smoke
c he grenade
v molotov
b decoy

mouse5 flashbang via quickscript to switch to knife if there are no flashbangs

FYI i dont use wasd but esdf - so i dunno - you can try switching it over one row?

don't change your 1/2/3/4/5 - learn to use those for your primary/secondary/knife/etc

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yolandi posted:

Not sure how often I'll need to quick switch to pistol or knife

what. no.

no.

dude no.
pěstol and knife are super useful. like fundamentally so. theres a reason they have dedicated numbers. i personally think reaching for the 5 key is really cumbersome but it doesnt seem that, but considering you could bind closer keys theres better choices

binds i use are
F - Flash
V - Smoke
T - Fire
4 - Nade
other miscellanea
E - Microphone
Mouse3 - Use
H - Turn on and off the Game Helper Text (helps find c4 in smokes)
oh and mouse wheel down for jump gotta get those bunnyhops

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm not using it currently but this was my longtime nade layout

4 - he nade
5 - molotov (moved bomb to mouseup)
q - smoke
f - flash
mousedown - decoy

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
4,4,4,4,4. it's not that difficult.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Mouse side buttons - Flash & Smoke
4 - HE
5 - Molly
6 - Oh my god JC a bomb

btw my sensitivity is 2.0 at 400 dpi

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Overwatch is fun again, you get to ban some really obvious spinners/WH users because Valve changed something in the VAC routine or whatever. I've got nothing but positives since yesterday.

Also MWheelUp for rifle, MWheelDown for pistol, M3 (wheel press) for knife. Reload on M4, nades on the keyboard

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

4,4,4,4,4. it's not that difficult.

Same

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

What about mousewheel is it that makes it good for bunnyhopping over space or any other key?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
idk, I guess airstrafing and hitting the spacebar at the same time seems tougher than airstrafing with the mousewheel.

personally I only use the mousewheel and unbound the spacebar a while back because I hit it one too many times after being surprised by an enemy ;l

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
because source applies a lot of speed penalties after landing, but if you hit the jump at the precise tic (theres some leeway though but it wont get you going as fast) you maintain speed. The mousewheel means you spam several jump commands real fast hopefully hitting one of them at the right time. Bunnyhopping with spacebar would be a near frame perfect trick and chaining them all together would be insanity

stump collector
May 28, 2007
you could bhop with spacebar in css easily before the orange box update came out but mouse wheel has been required since

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

OK thanks dudes, mwheelup/down is primary/secondary, mouse 2-5 are nades and talk is e

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I made my mic button F and accidentally threw my gun away at a critical moment :negative:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I use a gear shifter controller to switch weapons. Drop gun is reverse, hope that helps solve your issue.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
look at these scrubs not playing with dragon naturally typing, lol.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

jerman999 posted:

I made my mic button F and accidentally threw my gun away at a critical moment :negative:

I remaped backwards to q once with the rationale I could stop quickly like a-d'ing, it didn't end well.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Gingerbread House Music posted:

look at these scrubs not playing with dragon naturally typing, lol.

Ok Google, rush b.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXLKwFBuPWg

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Just started getting back into (watching) CS after a loooooooonnnngg time, in anticipation of getting my first gaming computer in the next month or so. Besides here, is there anywhere i can go to check upcoming tournaments and stuff like that? Thanks in advance

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Hltv.org has the schedule. IEM Katowice is next week.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

This one too http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Portal:Leagues

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Did they have a mediumly smart dog redo Aztec or was I just more retarded than I am now for not noticing how bad it is back in the day

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Aztec today is not the Aztec of old

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Reposting an effort post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVTNfyx4FgY

and the making of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxKYx7KDvPM

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

would like to reiterate that Overwatch has become cool+good again. it's almost too easy now, everyone I've specced so far has made zero effort of hiding their hacks

stump collector
May 28, 2007
dorky, you're a videos god

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mcvey posted:

Aztec today is not the Aztec of old

its impressive they made it even more ct sided

szary
Mar 12, 2014
I just reviewed an overwatch demo with at least three spinbotters, is this what happens in non-prime

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

szary posted:

I just reviewed an overwatch demo with at least three spinbotters, is this what happens in non-prime

Valve put in some machine learning stuff to identify blatant cheaters who were manipulating the system by playing infrequently enough that they were never eligible for OW. Boosting services have piles of accounts that they use to spinbot players up to higher ranks, and just cycle through them to avoid getting OW banned.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
wow, yeah, did my first overwatch in forever and it was someone with 30 kills by round 8 who spent an entire game of dust2 killing people through double doors with the scout or awp

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I did 2 overwatch cases and honestly felt kind of sick thanks to all the spinning :v:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Just hit Supreme... very niace...

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

I was hoping this would be a video about Aztec. Was happy to be wrong.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Just Some Handsome Boys (CEVO edition) are playing the first match of the real CEVO season 12 in like 25 minutes (6:30PM PST/9:30PM EST).

Me and Photex will both be streaming our POVs:

Photex: https://twitch.tv/photexmedia

surc: https://twitch.tv/surc_

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

surc posted:

Just Some Handsome Boys (CEVO edition) are playing the first match of the real CEVO season 12 in like 25 minutes (6:30PM PST/9:30PM EST).

Me and Photex will both be streaming our POVs:

Photex: https://twitch.tv/photexmedia

surc: https://twitch.tv/surc_

yeah just note it's on a 2 minute delay.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dongicus posted:

Just hit Supreme... very niace...

Congratulations!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Apparently S1mple is having heart problems from caffeine use...at 19

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

Apparently S1mple is having heart problems from caffeine use...at 19

"caffeine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Funny, when I was 19 that energy soda Vault had come out and I absolutely loved it. It's just too bad that I drank so much of it that I ended up breaking out in hives all of my body because I overdosed on caffeine.

Welp, I hope you guys like my tale of idiocy.