Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Big Fat Iguana posted:

At least when astronauts die they aren't trying to murder eight year olds

Yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Big Fat Iguana posted:

If we're going to waste 54billion on cool prestige toys that sometimes kill people I'd rather we do it on space spaceships than warships

lol it's literally the national equivalent of the 48 year old man who buys a Harley because his dick doesn't work anymore

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/836265492138557443
https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/836264622973931521

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Big Fat Iguana posted:

If we're going to waste 54billion on cool prestige toys that sometimes kill people I'd rather we do it on space spaceships than warships

tell that to buzz aldrin

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Battleships are cool as heck tbqh

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

gently caress you to the idiot who told me "Maybe Trump just shares opinions with Alex Jones..." in response to the idea that Trump gets his ideas directly from Jones.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hell yeah ALEX JONES with the SCOOP

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SpaceGoku posted:

no, historically americans are actually pretty good at placing blame where it belongs when it comes to politicians who destroy their lives

they're just really poo poo and stupid at understanding the causes for institutional-level failures

not accurate for presidents since carter imo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Attleships were never relevant

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They aren't calling it the state of the union because the AG threatened to resign if the white house legitimized those yankees

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fullhouse posted:

the "people who just come over and use the system" do not loving exist you nutjobs

they do in the sense that a mexican person who crosses the border has access to (iirc, numbers might be wrong here) something like 400% more 'intangible capital' than they did in mexico

where these blockheads miss the bus is that the strict majority of this intangible capital, when used, generates more wealth for them not less. these are things like clear rules, somewhat fair institutions, clerks who don't need bribes, and police forces that, fascist dickholes they may be, actually can keep you safe from drug cartels. mexico has none of the above in on the whole.

people coming over here and benefiting from these things means that they make more money, which is at least partially spent on businesses and collected in taxes. this is what really murders me about this entire stupid loving talking point. how can someone be right and still be so loving wrong

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/70sscifiart/status/818637294177394689

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Squalid posted:

If they actually did get serious about cracking down on undocumented farmworkers, they probably also up the availability of temporary guest workers on seasonal visas. The outcome is basically the same except it's more expensive and less efficient, and the workers probably have even fewer guarantees of safety.

yeah, good point. we'll have another bracero program and another generation of shitheads whining about how they didn't "get" that stoop work job because it was stolen.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
https://twitter.com/cavalorn/status/654934442549620736?lang=en

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

When I'm president I'm bypassing all this poo poo and going straight to Rense.com

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isn't infowars a Russian website

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Battleships are cool as heck tbqh

they are lame as gently caress.. subs are cool. i want more underwater ships

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Brain Curry posted:

Sean Sphincter anagrams to Enchanter Piss

Also, penis snatcher.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Coolguye posted:

there's a ton of ways food could be even cheaper actually

what if you could buy food w handjobs instead of money

think of the savings!! and the handjo-earnings

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The UK has always been a bit ballsier about their political cartooning

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Wow, this is great and rules insanely hard!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Coolguye posted:

they do in the sense that a mexican person who crosses the border has access to (iirc, numbers might be wrong here) something like 400% more 'intangible capital' than they did in mexico

where these blockheads miss the bus is that the strict majority of this intangible capital, when used, generates more wealth for them not less. these are things like clear rules, somewhat fair institutions, clerks who don't need bribes, and police forces that, fascist dickholes they may be, actually can keep you safe from drug cartels. mexico has none of the above in on the whole.

people coming over here and benefiting from these things means that they make more money, which is at least partially spent on businesses and collected in taxes. this is what really murders me about this entire stupid loving talking point. how can someone be right and still be so loving wrong

Breitbart commenters don't know what any of this means. They think that people come across the southern border in charter buses driven by ICE agents, gritting their teeth as they are forced to follow a direct order from Obama, and then get dropped off in the scary neighborhoods in Houston/LA to have siestas and collect welfare and free immigration healthcare, laughing at the stupid gringos as they gently caress their wives and daughters.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

pathetic little tramp posted:

The UK has always been a bit ballsier about their political cartooning

I believe that was actually made by Germans.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Terror Sweat posted:

ken bone account spotted

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Subs are cool but we need one that can launch a 16" shell 30 miles to obliterate a mud hut.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

scoop news, fresh for you not gomlums!!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The English are sort of German

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

"wow, meester Barack Obama is so good to the Mexican people, jajaja!" I say as I blow my load on the toothless granddaughter of an infowars-addled hayseed

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

We're all going to die

Thank god!!!!!!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
these people's companies don't provide health care, their goal is not good healthcare, their goal is to minimize risk and make their own company profitable

:capitalism:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Subs are cool but we need one that can launch a 16" shell 30 miles to obliterate a mud hut.

underwater sky shotguns

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Alex Jones for Communications
Peter Levenda for National Security Advisor
Dees to design new flag
Joseph P. Farrell for Treasury
Carve Francis E. Dec into Mt. Rushmore

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

LordAbaddon posted:

You being from Southern Illinois makes a great deal of sense.

Unfortunately I'm from there too and have an inkling which town you're talking about

We're most famous for our own brand of citrus soda because mountain dew didn't have enough sugar or caffeine.

Also everyone here is 6'3 and 300 pounds.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Would Trump claim a mass shooting under his presidency a false flag? Hypothetically something Sandy Hook size?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Nitrousoxide posted:

I always get mine done medium. :shrug:

the plural of medium is media

media is bad and fake, SAD!

ergo, eat your steak well done

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zegermans posted:

We're most famous for our own brand of citrus soda because mountain dew didn't have enough sugar or caffeine.

Also everyone here is 6'3 and 300 pounds.

noncoastal states are so h*cked up weird

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Would Trump claim a mass shooting under his presidency a false flag? Hypothetically something Sandy Hook size?

Not enough good guys with guns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought obama care was a disaster

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Itd get leaked a week ahead of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Not enough good guys with guns

entirely messed up bad hombre to good guy ratio

• Locked thread