Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

http://www.bemanistyle.com/2017/02/27/voez-to-be-the-first-nintendo-switch-title-to-be-portable-mode-only/

So this is... a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Now various Nintendo-focused sites are claiming their contacts at Nintendo are confirming a day one patch to fix the joy con connectivity, but I wasn't able to find anything I'd call credible. Anyone else?

Where's the D1 jap+eng subs patch for Zelda? :colbert:

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

For people concerned about their Best Buy pre-order credit card charge status: I just called BB customer support and asked them to explain the process to me.

I had mine preordered day 1 using a Visa credit card. They made a temporary charge on the card for the total order, and then some weeks later released that charge and put the money back on the card. It still says "Awaiting Authorization" on my BB order status page, but the lady on the phone assured me that when I go to pick it up that the actual charge will occur and everything will be fine. I was initially concerned because I don't see any activity on my CC statement about the order, but the lady said that's not unusual after the temporary charge is released. So... everything's lookin' good

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Where's the D1 jap+eng subs patch for Zelda? :colbert:

Why are you allergic to the English dub?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

animu shovelware dev fails to figure out how TVs work, lol.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I call it the Nintendo Winch because I'll be so engaged in playing these great titles that you will need a winch to get me up off the couch haha!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
The system has 2 modes, 1 with a touch screen and 1 without a touch screen

Kind of expected for touchscreen-based games to only support 1 of them

There will probably also be games that only work in docked mode because they need MAXIMUM HORSEPOWER (and laziness)

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

My Zelda Art & Artifacts book came in yesterday (was only 22 dollars shipped thanks to Prime!) and it's awesome. The old concept art for so many of the monsters looks like stuff you'd find in a current From Software game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

My Zelda Art & Artifacts book came in yesterday (was only 22 dollars shipped thanks to Prime!) and it's awesome. The old concept art for so many of the monsters looks like stuff you'd find in a current From Software game.

Seriously the original zelda monster art is gorgeous in how scary it looks for a video game toy for children

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
posting this here too lol

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Please don't post my office online

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Teikanmi posted:

I'm the buy-one-get-one-free bottom shelf Michaels frames

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's a touchscreen mobile music game port. I guess you could convert positional taps to buttons, but that would defeat-

oh wait it's you nvm

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Seriously the original zelda monster art is gorgeous in how scary it looks for a video game toy for children

Nintendo didn't gently caress around back in the day. Here's the infamous Castlevania 2 Nintendo Power cover with severed head and organs on a platter.

Remember Abadox?

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 27, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Hehe... a put a desk on top of my desk... lol...

Takoluka posted:

It's a touchscreen mobile music game port. I guess you could convert positional taps to buttons, but that would defeat-

oh wait it's you nvm

gotcha!!!!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Jimmy Hats posted:

gotcha!!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just a rando indie game for now, but nice to know that touchscreen-centric or even -exclusive games are allowed.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

Hehe... a put a desk on top of my desk... lol...

What is a standing desk, Alex?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm calling it the Nintendo Flinch cuz I'll be dodging the kickstand when it bee lines my face!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Roadie posted:

What is a standing desk, Alex?

Uh there are clearly two chairs in the photo, meaning it is a sitting desk, ya goofus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Those chairs are for the plebs to sit in while you dictate your will to them.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

pissdude posted:

For people concerned about their Best Buy pre-order credit card charge status: I just called BB customer support and asked them to explain the process to me.

I had mine preordered day 1 using a Visa credit card. They made a temporary charge on the card for the total order, and then some weeks later released that charge and put the money back on the card. It still says "Awaiting Authorization" on my BB order status page, but the lady on the phone assured me that when I go to pick it up that the actual charge will occur and everything will be fine. I was initially concerned because I don't see any activity on my CC statement about the order, but the lady said that's not unusual after the temporary charge is released. So... everything's lookin' good
I have a similar situation, except mine is on a Chase Visa. I ordered as soon as they were up on the site but immediately got an email from Chase asking me to OK the charge.

I did, but weeks later my order still said that the card was declined. I called up BestBuy and a very nice lady assured me that it was still preordered and I'll be find to pick it up.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Went to get a haircut which was right next to Gamestop and I watched UPS deliver a whole bunch of boxes. It was all Nintendo stuff, MY Nintendo stuff come Friday!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo didn't gently caress around back in the day. Here's the infamous Castlevania 2 Nintendo Power cover with severed head and organs on a platter.

Ugh... I had that issue, and then I let some kid in elementary school borrow it for some reason (because Nintendo Power was new back then) and of course the kid lost it and I never got it back again

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

So I've been playing some old Zelda games I never beat and just finished Majora's Mask. I didn't finish it the first time around (original n64 release) because of I got sick of having to redo stuff on the next 3 day cycle. I still think it's an ok game but I don't know how anybody could say it's the best Zelda. It's still fun but I think it was a bit easy. I didn't even die (or use a fairy) and got nowhere near all the hearts.

Can't wait to bitch about how hard the new one is.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Sweet, my online BB order went from "processing" to "preparing" and my credit card was charged. I love a console launch.

As a side note, the ebay price gouging barley seems worth it to me. Consoles are going for $450. After you factor in the 13% in PP and ebay fees, and another $20 to ship the thing, you're only looking at clearing $70 for a fair amount of hassle and exposure to fraudulent buyers. I am curious to see how high the prices go as the mania increases over the next two weeks.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 27, 2017

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

WHY CAN'T I PLAY OUENDAN ON MY TV? STUPID DEVS

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Larrymer posted:

So I've been playing some old Zelda games I never beat and just finished Majora's Mask. I didn't finish it the first time around (original n64 release) because of I got sick of having to redo stuff on the next 3 day cycle. I still think it's an ok game but I don't know how anybody could say it's the best Zelda. It's still fun but I think it was a bit easy. I didn't even die (or use a fairy) and got nowhere near all the hearts.

Can't wait to bitch about how hard the new one is.

Difficulty has very little to do with why people like Majora's Mask, for starters.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The shipment date on all my pre-orders just lined up!!!!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just got charged for my first preorder (Wal-Mart), Amazon say that the package has not shipped yet but has it as Arriving Friday

Everything's coming up Games

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are you ready to be Nintendo's Bitch?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Half the time

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I called a few places and nobody will tell me poo poo about their walk-in stock. RIP.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Nice rivals.com pun

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I just hit chapter 4 of Mother 3 last night. Think I'll be able to finish by Friday? I'm not trying to rush it. I started maybe 2 weeks ago and have been playing maybe 3 days a week. File says I have ~7 hours.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

I just hit chapter 4 of Mother 3 last night. Think I'll be able to finish by Friday? I'm not trying to rush it. I started maybe 2 weeks ago and have been playing maybe 3 days a week. File says I have ~7 hours.

Nah, there's some long chapters. You could plow through it, but you probably won't get through everything if you're being meticulous and not trying to rush things

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Tomie knows me posted:

Difficulty has very little to do with why people like Majora's Mask, for starters.

I wasn't trying to correlate hard = good, because I played Dark Souls for about 5 minutes before saying "Nope, not for me." The new one is much harder supposedly than previous games so it will be funny when I bitch saying it's hard when MM was pretty easy. I will never stop bitching.

I thought the story was somewhat interesting just because it's different than most Zeldas. Though the ending of "ok, piss off now" was a tad strange. It hasn't aged well (played N64 version) IMO either.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wii U pirates now have Zelda available. Live streams could be a few hours away.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Spellman posted:

Nah, there's some long chapters. You could plow through it, but you probably won't get through everything if you're being meticulous and not trying to rush things

Good to know. There are 8 chapters right? Also goddamn this game is loving good. Like, I kind of can't believe how good it is. It's so drat sad! And like, explicitly about capitalism corrupting a community. Holy gently caress.

I'm surprised I've been unspoiled because gently caress this is good. I want everyone to know how good it is. I like it better than Earthbound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
From an Internal Nintendo friend: The Switch will have the full GameCube Library available ESHOP soon after launch.

They also said that not enough consoles were made and they are trying to pull Mandatory OT at the main distribution center at North Bend. Turns out they barely have enough parts to manufacture every order. This is all gonna go down p noice on Fryday

• Locked thread