Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

CortezFantastic posted:

The point is he has on a lot of idiots who spew their nonsense with almost zero fight back from our favorite meathead, which in turn gets exposure to his fanbase (also meatheads), which in turn leads to more of the insanity spreading.

It's also dispiriting to hear him talk to loveable goofball Pete Holmes which should be a relief from that sort of thing, but it turns into what felt like a very one-sided and uninteresting and long discussion of lady with bitcoin hat/Milo hugchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
in former guest news

Jamie Kilstein was fired from his show and lost his wife over alleged sexual harassment charges against him. Which is pretty ironic.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

in former guest news

Jamie Kilstein was fired from his show and lost his wife over alleged sexual harassment charges against him. Which is pretty ironic.

Actually, they seem to have separated last August. But he definitely got booted from the show over the recent allegations

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

CortezFantastic posted:

in former guest news

pretty ashamed of my gender right now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

in former guest news

It's always the ones that cry the loudest against something they're guilty of

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Joey Diaz says gently caress those london real guys using me to promote their podcast, using me to try and get my friends on their show, he rants about dudes using him to get to joe, he hates people leaving messages on his machine, he doesn't text

but let me get this momo on to promote body weight exercises, great job king momo

Dirt
May 26, 2003

"Jamie, pull up some chimp balls" - an actual quote from a podcast I listen to.

The Arian Foster episode is pretty good

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Arian Foster episode is peak Rogan.

Chimps, moon landing hoax, etc.

Great guest.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I finally got around to listening to both Neil Tysons and then the one with Comander Hadfield. Now I'm on a bit space kick. Any more episodes I should check out?

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Blood pissing, bear knifing, marathon runner turned 60 year old powerlifter: DAN PEŅA, ladies and gentlemen.

I really hope this whole episode was meant to be tongue in cheek....

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUhGntUjir0

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I've listened to one or 2 episodes with Duncan and I'm listening to 764 now. I love the places those two go together when they talk. How's Duncan's podcast and standup if I like this type of stuff?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I've listened to one or 2 episodes with Duncan and I'm listening to 764 now. I love the places those two go together when they talk. How's Duncan's podcast and standup if I like this type of stuff?
It's goood in that he'll drag the guests to those same places. It's bad in that you start to feel the record repeat.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Find and watch/listen to any podcast with Duncan Trussel and Christopher Ryan together with Joe. They're great.

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
joe rogan questions everything would have been a lot better if it focused on fake news instead of bigfoot and had eddie bravo instead of duncan trussell

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Duncan Trussel just had a great podcast with the creator of Binding of Isaac among other beloved video games, and they don't really talk about gaming at all, instead diving deep into religion and depression and suicide. Can't recommend it enough.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I do the thing where every time there is a Duncan episode, you roll back and listen to the most recent Segura/Pazsitzky episode instead.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I'm a Twitter Troll in a relationship.

-Jim Norton 2017

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

Duncan Trussel just had a great podcast with the creator of Binding of Isaac among other beloved video games, and they don't really talk about gaming at all, instead diving deep into religion and depression and suicide. Can't recommend it enough.
He recently interviewed Yoni Wolf (rapper musician) who, on his podcast, had Aaron Weiss of MewithoutYou which was an insanely influential band on my personal development. So I feel cool about how podcasts guest each other and everything is six degrees of separation etc. Heck, I wonder if all podcasts who have had guests are connected yet.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Ahahaha Rogan had the AMAZING ATHEIST on holy poo poo there is no bottom to this barrel

Dirt
May 26, 2003

CortezFantastic posted:

Ahahaha Rogan had the AMAZING ATHEIST on holy poo poo there is no bottom to this barrel

This his second time on the show actually.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Try and find any Pete Holmes episodes on Duncan's podcast. They're really good!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The Lawrence Krauss episode is awesome.

This is the kind of JRE I like.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I gave up on it about an hour in. I'm as non-religious/materialist as you can get but that dude is insufferable.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

God help me I have better things to do with my life than check into it, but I bet all the analytics on the videos with these right wing ranters are great. All those guys have rabid fanbases who go back and upvote every single video you have once they view you as an "ally" (and downvote all your videos and poo poo up your comment section if they label you as an SJW or a feminist). It's easy to have guests on when you know you're guaranteed viewers, and tough to have guests on when you know people are going to come out of the wood work to bash you just for letting the guest talk.

Also not for anything for a guy who is popular, has a family, has money to burn, and has hobbies, Joe strikes me as the kind of person who spends an awful lot of time on the internet.

Fake edit: Hell, maybe there are plenty of people on the other side of the aisle who do the same poo poo, but at this point Joe is pretty entrenched with alt right, MRA's and ~logical thinkers~ so that's really everything that's going to be going on in his universe.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
The gender pay gap is a myth.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Dirt posted:

The Lawrence Krauss episode is awesome.

This is the kind of JRE I like.

This was easily the most boring podcast guest he has had on. The guy just prattled on non-stop to the point I started nodding off at my desk

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah he was like a bad NDT.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
You won't find anyone with a more materialist worldview than me, but I had to tap out about one third in. It was like listening to the personification of /r/atheism.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
It would be great if Joe would get back to fun podcasts and give the whole soapbox for annoying smug assholes (crypto-nazis, reddit atheists, embittered intellectuals, etc.) thing a rest. He's really great at fun stuff and his whole shift to the other poo poo lately is fine in small doses but lately has just become depressing.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I miss when the show was mostly comedians. He had three or four in a row a couple weeks ago but jesus, I never thought I'd miss redban.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

I may be alone in this, but I skip 2/3 of Rogan's podcasts and only listen to the more unique guests like Arian Foster and the AT hiker dude.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The AT hiker guy is good so far.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

sweet_jones posted:

I may be alone in this, but I skip 2/3 of Rogan's podcasts and only listen to the more unique guests like Arian Foster and the AT hiker dude.

I use to only skip the psychedelics or Onnit people podcasts. Now I'll go weeks without listening to anyone. Still getting great guests from time to time, Tom Papa, Justin Wren, etc.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pocket Billiards posted:

I use to only skip the psychedelics or Onnit people podcasts. Now I'll go weeks without listening to anyone. Still getting great guests from time to time, Tom Papa, Justin Wren, etc.

Really? Tom Papa?

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Yes I'd sooner sit through 10 hours of sourdough talk than 10 minutes more of pissing and moaning about ess-jay-double-yous.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ehh, at least Fitzdog was on today.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Eddie Bravo is dumb, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
interested to hear eddie's take on alex jones total disavowal of pizzagate