Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm glad they hosed up the Best Picture announcement though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

La La Land... Bye Bye Man

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Don't say it don't spray it.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Trunko posted:

Too bad Tim hieddcker is too busy crying like a little baby over the trump presidency to ever be funny again

yeah :rip:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I thought his cuck song was funny. :shrug:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
His cuck song was really dumb though because apparently he did it as a sincere political sarire

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Trunko posted:

Too bad Tim hieddcker is too busy crying like a little baby over the trump presidency to ever be funny again

Think of how terrible Dennis Miller became after 9/11 and apply it at least a third of all comedians. That's going to be the true legacy of the Trump administration.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Yeah, I remember when I first joined Twitter, I added all these comedians and enjoyed the constant one-liners in my feed - now all those people do is cry about Trump and any jokes they do make is some tired poo poo about what a poopy head he is. Michael Ian Black in particular used to be really funny - I'm a fan from back when The State originally aired - but now he's writing books about Trump and composing angry tweets about politics non-stop which is not what anyone ever wanted from the guy.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
An]y comedian who thinks comedy should make you laugh and think deserves to be publicly flogged

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I wouldn't mind as much if it were ever actually funny.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

powerful sex moves posted:

I wouldn't mind as much if it were ever actually funny.

No see, he called the bad man a doo-doo head.

He also probably said that anyone who follows the bad man is an (insert stereotype about techy males).

That is funny.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trunko posted:

An]y comedian who thinks comedy should make you laugh and think deserves to be publicly flogged

I was going to ACTUALLY you, but then I remembered that George Carlin is literally the only exception because all the other wise sage doomsayer comics, especially Bill Hicks, are or were tedious loving hacks.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I hate when comedians pontificate. When they act like they're casting pearls before swine.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think it's ok and good for celebrities to have strong opinions on things, specially when it's a good opinion, but maybe don't let those feelings totally consume them to the point of obsessive derangement.

Also anti-trump stuff that just attacks him for being a poo poo fart idiot who likes ketchup on his well done steak is lovely and useless and distracts from the very real and scary reasons his administration is bad. I'm so loving sick of all the easy low hanging fruit trump stuff. Lol his hair is bad what a bad prez.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I was going to ACTUALLY you, but then I remembered that George Carlin is literally the only exception because all the other wise sage doomsayer comics, especially Bill Hicks, are or were tedious loving hacks.

Bill Hicks holds up really really badly when you back and listen to him 10 years later when you're no longer a high school student who think Tool is edgy.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
under the skin was not good you have betrayed me jay

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Jay likes the bad movies, Mike likes the bad movies but different bad movies than Jay

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah, I remember when I first joined Twitter, I added all these comedians and enjoyed the constant one-liners in my feed - now all those people do is cry about Trump and any jokes they do make is some tired poo poo about what a poopy head he is. Michael Ian Black in particular used to be really funny - I'm a fan from back when The State originally aired - but now he's writing books about Trump and composing angry tweets about politics non-stop which is not what anyone ever wanted from the guy.

Michael Ian Black went woke? The man had a podcast where one of the running jokes was just the phrase "Respect for women"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
List of funny people left:

Mike stokklassa
Seth romatelli
Norm macdonald
Tim hyde
Bill burr

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trunko posted:

Mike stokklassa
Rich Evans
Bill burr

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Mike stokklassa
Seth romatelli
Norm macdonald
Tim hyde
Bill burr

You forgot Rich Evans

efb

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Michael Ian Black went woke? The man had a podcast where one of the running jokes was just the phrase "Respect for women"

Yeah, lol.

It's not like the joke was literally the idea of having respect for women though obviously.

Trunko posted:

Mike stokklassa
Seth romatelli
Norm macdonald
Tim hyde
Bill burr

I haven't listened to UYD in like 2 years but I'm happy to know that Seth hasn't been driven insane by Trump.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Relin posted:

Don't you see, he cast Scarlett precisely because she can't act for poo poo, so her wide-eyed open-lips routine would come off as totally distant.

It's casting on par with Starship Troopers!

She lost too much weight so it's not even worth fast-forwarding through.
:colbert:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Completely without context I'd be willing to wager that wasn't the joke you thought it was.

But finding out would require listening to him trying to be funny, so I'll let it pass.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Trunko posted:

Mike stokklassa
Seth romatelli
Norm macdonald
Tim hyde
Bill burr

agreed on Burr but he went REALLY old man yells at clouds in his new standup special

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I haven't listened to UYD in like 2 years but I'm happy to know that Seth hasn't been driven insane by Trump.

He's been driven insane by football.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Relin posted:

under the skin was not good

Yikes

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

You should listen again Jonathan's getting ready to move to belize

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Kinda beginning to think Mike actually is in rehab considering they didn't review John Wick or Lego Batman, they didn't do an oscar video, and he was missing from BOTW.

Mike is definitely in rehab.

He was in the Starship Troopers Re:View. Maybe he's taking a vacation.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

He was in the Starship Troopers Re:View. Maybe he's taking a vacation.

He was in the ending sequence for the latest BotW. Guess you guys just don't recognize him in the buff.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I saw Mike hanging out downtown picking cigs out of ashtrays and begging people to buy him a can of OE 800 from the nearby liquor store. I live in Milwaukee so that makes me a 100% reliable source.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
lol if you actually watched the last pseudo botw. why would you watch an Internet video without mike stoklassa.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dreezy posted:

. why would you watch an Internet video without mike stoklassa.

I would never betray Mike like that

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
botw should always have mike, jay, rich, and either a guest or jack. the canadians are the exception where you can drop one of the main cast members.

but botw should always have jay, mike, and rich.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mikes built up a lot of vacation time. He has to use it or lose it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Red: Mike's hands
Letter: Rich is a well read man, a man of letters
Media: Jay, editor extraordinaire

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a bone to pick posted:

botw should always have mike, jay, rich, and either a guest or jack. the canadians are the exception where you can drop one of the main cast members.

but botw should always have jay, mike, and rich.

Yeah, it's like Whose Line. You gotta have the main three.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Relin posted:

Under the Skin is one of those movies you have to pretend to like around certain people so they don't think you're a pleb, kind of like The Neon Demon.

The book is really good though, and nothing at all like the movie.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

King Vidiot posted:

Under the Skin is one of those movies you have to pretend to like around certain people so they don't think you're a pleb, kind of like The Neon Demon.

The book is really good though, and nothing at all like the movie.

You are indeed a vidiot

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Super Fan posted:

You are indeed a vidiot

Hey look everybody, it's a certain people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I legit like both of those movies. Not everyone who likes things you don't is faking or pretentious or whatever. They just have different taste and that's okay, my man.

• Locked thread