Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Tumblr usually has them from he people who draw them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Adel posted:

Is there a way to view the artwork for units you don't have? I want to look at the art for the new units but I haven't had much luck finding it online.

Go into a paralogue where you fight them

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Adel posted:

Is there a way to view the artwork for units you don't have? I want to look at the art for the new units but I haven't had much luck finding it online.

https://feheroes.wiki has all of the everything.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is there any point to getting Shareena and Alfonse to more stars? I want to believe that they're the strongest if you just work at it but something tells me that they are not.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Sharena's actually pretty great at 5 stars, above average stats pretty much everywhere, but Alphonse sucks. Anna is also pretty good at 5 stars, but she suffers from Green Melee Infantry syndrome.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Bogart posted:

Is there any point to getting Shareena and Alfonse to more stars? I want to believe that they're the strongest if you just work at it but something tells me that they are not.

She's one of the best blues. Alf not so much.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bogart posted:

She is more then a match for any sword lord and can hold her ground against anything that isn't green or a blue mage. Her passive def boost and strength command also makes her a great support unit.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

My question is odder.

I understand from reading that Zephiel's about as enemy-only right now. His character art is cool. I'm wondering about his sprite, and can't find anything. Is he still that super-ornate King with the absurd attack animation?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is there any reason to NOT just dump 20 orbs whenever you get them? Ephraim is poo poo, but Nino needs an Eirika. I'm worried the next banner is gonna have some obscenely strong units.

Oh there's a new banner.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Theming your first two promotional campaigns around implied incest is making me a little uncomfortable, game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jokes posted:

Is there any reason to NOT just dump 20 orbs whenever you get them? Ephraim is poo poo, but Nino needs an Eirika. I'm worried the next banner is gonna have some obscenely strong units.

Oh there's a new banner.

If you want units that are focus units in the current banner there is really no point in saving orbs.

Nino/Tharja is also great with just Sharena/some other buffer. Eirika is just the best one.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Alphonse's usable. He still has the strongest attack out of all the sword users but he needs 22200 feathers in investment and when sword lords drops like flies, it's just not worth it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Theming your first two promotional campaigns around implied incest is making me a little uncomfortable, game

The next banner will include Arvis and Deirdre

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Had the itch, pulled against better judgment. Got a second Nino (4*) and Klein out of the deal. I didn't have any archers besides Virion on this roll, so I'm cool with it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yup! Did they really have to pick these themes, in particular? Where's Ike and Mist? I'm pretty sure they don't want to gently caress.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
give me a banner featuring people with accents: Gregor and Athena.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Jesus christ no, why does every discussion about fire emblem have to get so goddamned weird on SA

When are they releasing more than 4 dudes per banner? It'd be cool to get some of the guys from the Black Fang, or Jafar or really anybody. Are they afraid of a lot of overlap or power creep?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what's wrong with accents?

Also the new banner just had five people. I'm sure they would release more in due time, hopefully.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Tired Moritz posted:

what's wrong with accents?

Also the new banner just had five people. I'm sure they would release more in due time, hopefully.

Sorry you posted faster than my response to the guy asking if yet another brother wants to boink their sister in this series which seems to come up like All The Time and it is like beyond weird

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I got 5* Young Tiki, which seems better than anything else I could have gotten off of the banner.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Why is everyone and their mother rolling 2 5* units in single sessions

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

bobjr posted:

I got 5* Young Tiki, which seems better than anything else I could have gotten off of the banner.

She is absolutely baller.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I really want to pull Klein because he seems like a straight up better Gordin, except in very rare counterattack kiting situations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
So the Masked Man is 100% Zacharias, right? God, the story is so bad.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Spellman posted:

Don't worry the last 3 five pulls I did were absolute junk, haven't had a 5* for ages....

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Spellman posted:

People only post their rolls if they're extraordinarily good or extraordinarily bad

I spent almost 100 orbs on the last banner and got an incredibly un-noteworthy succession of 3 stars and 4 stars, followed by Julia

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Bloodly posted:

My question is odder.

I understand from reading that Zephiel's about as enemy-only right now. His character art is cool. I'm wondering about his sprite, and can't find anything. Is he still that super-ornate King with the absurd attack animation?

Do you mean the portrait art or the battle-map sprite? Former is on the wiki (https://feheroes.wiki/Zephiel), latter can be found on Spriters Resource.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

You get 9 free orbs from each banner prologue, plus another orb for prologue achievements, plus 2 daily orbs, plus another 6 orbs for part 4 of the release promotion map, which is almost a pentaroll, so I figured I would pentaroll.

I got garbage (Saizo might be alright) but man they give out a lot of free orbs in this game

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bogart posted:

100% no way he isn't. I called that he'd show up as soon as Alphonse and Sharena started talking about him. "Oh, a long-lost companion. No way he's not showing up at the end of the game as an enemy. No way no how."

The story is bad and it ends kind of abruptly, doesn't it? Feels like there should be one more chapter. Maybe they'll release more later.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol at not recognising their friend with a mask. I really hope he isn't, though.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

100% no way he isn't. I called that he'd show up as soon as Alphonse and Sharena started talking about him. "Oh, a long-lost companion. No way he's not showing up at the end of the game as an enemy. No way no how."

The story is bad and it ends kind of abruptly, doesn't it? Feels like there should be one more chapter. Maybe they'll release more later.

There's gonna be like a whole 9 more chapters eventually. Just because it hit level 40 on lunatic and almost hits in on hard doesn't really change that it's only in the 20s on normal and that they've dropped some stupid hints that need to pay off.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Wassbix posted:

Just saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5wgnxj/thats_21_takumis/

Twenty
One

Takumis

The choice quote

"This means he has spent $32142.86 assuming he's extremely lucky/got all of his takumis on double chance banner (the 20k per 7 takumi assumption) or $64285.71 in the general chance case (40k per 7 takumi)."

I think the most confusing part of this for me is why not go for that last Takumi. How do you drop 30 large on a phone game and then go, well I'm one away from having two maxed out Takumi but I'd better be responsible...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bogart posted:

No, it's the owl

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Name me a single good version of "Oh, our friend has been missing forever. Hello, Masked man. Do you know where he is?"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Super Paper Mario was pretty good in that regard, in how obvious they made Mr. L.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

People only post their rolls if they're extraordinarily good or extraordinarily bad

I spent almost 100 orbs on the last banner and got an incredibly un-noteworthy succession of 3 stars and 4 stars, followed by Julia

Yea but this is like a fresh banner so the % odds should've reset, so seeing like 4 people have that happen should be astronomical

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I scored 4 stars of Abel and Nowi rolling for a decent blue for my team, which one would fit better as a 5 star in my current team of Lucina/Hector/Jeorge?

Edit: Looks like the Abel is +spd -atk and Nowi's +spd - def

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Given that Nintendo is running the sibling meme into the ground, here is a comprehensive list of characters to be featured on the next 20 or so banners:

code:
Marth, Elice
Gordin, Ryan
Bord, Cord
Lena, Matthis
Maria, Minerva, Michalis
Palla, Catria, Est
Yumina, Yubello
Luthier, Delthea
Sigurd, Ethlyn
Edain, Brigid
Lachesis, Eldigan
Erinyes, Annand
Lex, Danann
Azelle, Arvis, Deirdre (Arvis is a half-sibling with each; Deirdre and Azelle aren't siblings at all)
Tailtiu, Bloom
Seliph, Julia, Julius, Saias (Seliph is a half-sibling with Julia and Julius; Julia and Julius are full siblings; Saias is a half-sibling with Julia and Julius but not Seliph)
Lana, Lester
Larcei, Ulster
Diarmuid, Nanna (half-siblings according to Thracia)
Fee, Ced
Iuchar, Iucharba, Brian
Patty, Febail, Mareeta (Mareeta is the adopted daughter of Eyvel, who is Brigid; Patty and Febail are Brigid's birth children. Mareeta never meets the other two)
Leif, Altena, Arion (Altena is a blood sibling to Leif and adopted sibling to Arion; Leif and Arion have no relation)
Lene, Coirpre
Tine, Arthur
Muirne, Deimne
Creidne, Dalvin
Tristan, Jeanne
Hermina, Hawk
Amid, Linda
Daisy, Asaello
Laylea, Charlot
Safy, Tina
Olwen, Reinhardt
Deen, Eda
Shanna, Thea, Juno
Lugh, Raigh
Clarine, Klein
Bors, Gwendolyn
Geese, Geitz
Zeiss, Melady
Karel, Karla
Zephiel, Guinevere
Florina, Fiora, Farina
Ninian, Nils
Hector, Uther
Priscilla, Raven
Lloyd, Linus
Eirika, Ephraim
Franze, Forde
Vanessa, Syrene
Innes, Tana
Cormag, Glen
Ike, Mist
Oscar, Boyd, Rolf
Marcia, Makalov
Sanaki, Micaiah
Reyson, Leanne, Rafiel
Geoffrey, Lucia
Lethe, Lyre
Chrom, Lissa, Emmeryn
Robin, Aversa (Aversa was adopted by Robin's birth father; they never met until in-game)
Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna...
Elise, Xander, Camilla, Leo, Corrin, Azura, Ryoma, Takumi, Sakura, Hinoka (just like...play Fates, I ain't explaining this poo poo)
Felicia, Flora
Kaze, Saizo
Alphone, Sharena

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Tae posted:

Name me a single good version of "Oh, our friend has been missing forever. Hello, Masked man. Do you know where he is?"

Sweeney Todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Mmm, I don't know. I doubt we're gonna get paralogue sibling 20 because that's just dumb.