Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
We're safe for now, seems the game needs an update to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

RCarr posted:

I would honestly go buy this game for WiiU today if I could, even though I have a switch coming Friday.

Me too

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

PerrineClostermann posted:

HA!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

The center has held :unsmith:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Supposedly the update leaked though. There's a damned stream going on where they're installing the game and waiting on the 2gb download from megaupload that will supposedly apply the required "update".

So uh, maybe not much longer.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Remember we already have video from the game running. It's just now the pirates getting it.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, seems people are playing the game already.

Edit: not people, pirates.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Update. Reddit has a guy with an early Wii U copy, doing an AMA. Shown screen shots (no real spoilers, and talks about frame rate. )Game runs great! Looks very good, and only dips when it's a combo of heavy weather effects and a lot going on. He says it doesn't effect the experience much, and is loving it.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
So this new game has only 4 dungeons?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Update. Reddit has a guy with an early Wii U copy, doing an AMA. Shown screen shots (no real spoilers, and talks about frame rate. )Game runs great! Looks very good, and only dips when it's a combo of heavy weather effects and a lot going on. He says it doesn't effect the experience much, and is loving it.

That's the news I was waiting to hear.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Yes, and literally nothing else to do but travel from point to point to reach them.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

pentyne posted:

Yes, and literally nothing else to do but travel from point to point to reach them.

More to come with DLC? Sad. Even the game boy game had like 9 dungeons

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

That's the news I was waiting to hear.

Also, game pad doesn't have extra functions, and pro controller does work!

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I just want to know if dead enemies respawn somehow. For instance, they would come back to life if you left an area in Ocarina and then returned to it.

I don't want to run out of adorable Bokoblin camps to interrupt.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Is that capture or did I miss there being a WiiU emulator??

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Macintosh HD posted:

I just want to know if dead enemies respawn somehow. For instance, they would come back to life if you left an area in Ocarina and then returned to it.

I don't want to run out of adorable Bokoblin camps to interrupt.

Regarding respawns:
There is a mechanic that occurs every couple nights where a "Blood Moon" occurs, causing any enemies killed to respawn

Shoehead posted:

you missed it

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Shoehead posted:

You missed there being a WiiU emulator.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Kashuno posted:

Regarding respawns:
Spoilery things

Ah, cool. Thank you.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

African AIDS cum posted:

Or a 104, depending on your point of view.

Figuring out how to get into the 4 main dungeons seems like a pretty big challenge in itself.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

There's a Wii U emulator and there's a piracy app that downloads direct from the Wii U servers. The games even run on Wii U without exploits if they were on disk.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be nice if there was smart enemy spawning. For instance in OoT, you're clearing out these temples because they've been corrupted by evil. Once I kill the boss, why are there still monsters in the temple? I guess it's just so there's something to do if you go back in. Hopefully enemies don't respawn while you're in the dungeon. So I can go back to a beginning room and the monsters I've killed haven't come back, but maybe they can respawn if I leave and come back later.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Literally Kermit posted:

Or a 104, depending on your point of view.

Figuring out how to get into the 4 main dungeons seems like a pretty big challenge in itself.

If that's true, strategy guides will basically destroy this. You have saved me from spending money to ruin my enjoyment. Thanks. :)

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Dehry posted:

There's a Wii U emulator and there's a piracy app that downloads direct from the Wii U servers. The games even run on Wii U without exploits if they were on disk.

90% of games currently run like a dogs butthole on it at 10fps though, so I imagine it's going to be years before BotW is emulatable at full speed.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dehry posted:

Holy gently caress Nintendo, why are you so bad at this???

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Macintosh HD posted:

If that's true, strategy guides will basically destroy this. You have saved me from spending money to ruin my enjoyment. Thanks. :)
That's sort of true of all strategy guides though, surely?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Shoehead posted:

If you root a 3DS, you can download games from Nintendo for free. They kind of goofed it.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Shoehead posted:

Because making an account system is hard. Well part that part "huh so if you turn off signature checks it'll accept any ticket regardless of what console it was bound to. Oops."

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

aaaa so sick

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Someone answer my Zelda spoiler/reveal speculation:

Is it that Link can be either male or female? I've seen two different character models, think I've seen them referred to as Archer Link and Rider Link, the female looking, hood-wearing one being the latter

Tia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Soul Glo posted:

Someone answer my Zelda spoiler/reveal speculation:

Is it that Link can be either male or female? I've seen two different character models, think I've seen them referred to as Archer Link and Rider Link, the female looking, hood-wearing one being the latter

Tia

there is only one Link who is a man afaik

EDIT: Soundtrack is being leaked online now, heads up.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 27, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Twink Link

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

El Burbo posted:

Twink Link

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Welp, time to duck out of the internet for the next 4 days. See you when it's out!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Could you share a link?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

If you root a 3DS, you can download games from Nintendo for free. They kind of goofed it.

I'm glad I have money now and am not a poor kid 'cause that's crazy. Is there a digital pre-order thru the eshop + preload? I haven't really tried doing that before on the Wii U so I wasn't sure if there was a preorder/load.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
er just listened to the hyrule castle theme and holy poo poo they did it, they really did it. dude has another track on his page but it's apparently a huge spoiler? decided not to listen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
gently caress now I have to go through the rest of this week trying to tell myself not to listen to the soundtrack.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In my heart of hearts Link has always been a girl

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Literally Kermit posted:

The center has held :unsmith:

Scuttlebutt is that the update was cracked as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

In my heart of hearts Link has always been a girl

He's a cute boy and I'm ok with that