Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

The Nastier Nate posted:

What's Tanzania ever done for us? That's money that could be going towards the president's travel expenses.

I lived in Dar es Salaam for nearly a year, AMA. But in seriousness, aside from Tanzania being extremely poor, they have a ton of gold and diamonds. When I lived there highways and buildings were going up like whoa due to Chinese investment so if the US leaves TZ completely, all the spoils go to China.

Naturally the Tanzanians get scraps or nothing at all :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Shageletic posted:

It ain't hard to find articles, just google reagan and something like contra drugs or something

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/10/gary-webb-dark-alliance_n_5961748.html

Reagan helped start the explosion of cocaine in the US in the 80s thru funding and protecting the people bringing it in(to the extent Ol' Ollie North would testify on behalf of major drug distrubutors to shorten their jail time), then started a war on black people that specifically targetted them even though they do it alot less than other people, and sentence them like 8 times more harshly for practically the same crimes of possession and distribution.

Reagan also fostered the Crack Baby myth. Which was 100% white supremacist propaganda.

Man, what is it with all these racist confederate white supremacists mysteriously being linked to the republican party?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Phone posted:

"It was an information and intelligence gathering mission, and it was successful!"

we gathered intelligence that has been available online for ten years and killed an 8 year old and a navy seal

mission accomplished

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Bethamphetamine posted:

Reagan also fostered the Crack Baby myth. Which was 100% white supremacist propaganda.

Man, what is it with all these racist confederate white supremacists mysteriously being linked to the republican party?

how dare you imply that racism was the reason trump won

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
lol trump really just expects to wave around the military spending increase as some sort of uber-patriotic thing that no one could possibly disagree with and put no greater thought into anything about it

bing bing bong simple

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Xibanya posted:

I lived in Dar es Salaam, AMA. But in seriousness, aside from Tanzania being extremely poor, they have a ton of gold and diamonds. When I lived there highways and buildings were going up like whoa due to Chinese investment so if the US leaves TZ completely, all the spoils go to China.

Naturally the Tanzanians get scraps or nothing at all :smith:

Have they tried seizing the means of production?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Schnorkles posted:

It's about 15b. (its more than this, I'm just eyeballing here)

https://twitter.com/bungdan/status/836294709047808001

iirc nasa gets about the same money as foreign aid so i think it's like 18 bill

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

MariusLecter posted:

Have they tried seizing the means of production?

In fact they liberalized their markets to free trade almost 20 years ago.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
reminder that the republicans have continued to fail to pass budgets like this in the house because this does nothing to REDUCE THE DEBT :byodood:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

triple sulk posted:

how much loving money has this idiot already cost taxpayers just on his florida trips so far

has to be at least 10 mil, right

Each trip is about 3 million, extrapolate.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Xibanya posted:

"Bannon isn't antisemitic! Breitbart has an office in Israel and Ben Shapiro said he didn't leave Breitbart due to anti-semitism!" - :qq: a person I know IRL

bannon's not antisemitic because he worked for banks and hollywood- literally newt gingrich

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol "we think we were right but we're making another executive order to address the court's concerns but we want to do it the same way we did it the first time but"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Admiral Ray posted:

iirc nasa gets about the same money as foreign aid so i think it's like 18 bill

next on the chopping block.......

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

man, i wish they could have fit "that left seal dead and missed target"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

reminder that the republicans have continued to fail to pass budgets like this in the house because this does nothing to REDUCE THE DEBT :byodood:

This probably won't go through how Trump wants it, but it will go through how the House wants, and the Senate will approve whatever, unless Cotton remembers he's running for president and tries to stand up to Trump about DEBT

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

can't wait until some jackass house member is like "were we against government spending just because obama was president?" and everyone looks at him pityingly.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nonsense posted:

This probably won't go through how Trump wants it, but it will go through how the House wants, and the Senate will approve whatever, unless Cotton remembers he's running for president and tries to stand up to Trump about DEBT

Ifthey are able to get the group of 241 howler monkeys that is the republican caucus in the house to agree on a budget I will be blown away

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Owns

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Gringostar posted:

how dare you imply that racism was the reason trump won

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant the economic anxiety of hospital neonatal wards being flooded with imaginary premature crack babies.

Ross Perot posted:

“Go to a neonatal unit, if you can get in, there are between 100 and 200 percent capacity up and down the East Coast, and the reason is crack babies being born,” Independent candidate Ross Perot declared during a presidential debate in 1992. “Baby’s in the hospital 42 days; typical cost to you and me is $125,000. Again and again and again, the mother disappears in three days, and the child becomes a ward of the state because he’s permanently and genetically damaged.”

Just imagine how black people are screwing white people. Imagine really, really hard how awful black people are.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

everyone is afraid to ask about bannon. gently caress this poo poo.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

and i must meme posted:

when was the turning point from the original world to the hosed up current world?

brexit? when trump went down that escalator? further back like 9/11?

MLK getting shot

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

well cotton could barely remember he was gonna run for president when he was talking to his own constituents

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Spicer blows. I want another purestrain stupid Trump presser.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Coolguye posted:

next on the chopping block.......

yeah they do want to cut nasa so they focus more on "space" and not "climate change".

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Trump gonna break down all the barriers tomorrow guys, let's hold hands

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Robert Plant posted:

physical contact scares me please don't talk like this

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ALERT DEEP INTEL LEAKS INCOMING LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY ALERT

PICTURED: LATEST WEAPON UTILIZED BY YEMENI INSURGENTS AGAINST OUR ARMED FORCES

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Bethamphetamine posted:

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant the economic anxiety of hospital neonatal wards being flooded with imaginary premature crack babies.

Just imagine how black people are screwing white people. Imagine really, really hard how awful black people are.

I cast my first General Election ballot for Ross Perot. I was dumb as gently caress at 18. I didn't think he was racist at all. Even then I was probably more informed than most. LAMO!

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Trump spoke with such elegance and vision that the nation felt united as never before

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

dont forget the civilians that got killed!

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
left seal vs left shark

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Stupid Secret Service making Trump go golfing every weekend :argh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Being explicitly told to eat poo poo by the Yemeni government: mission accomplished.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah they do want to cut nasa so they focus more on "space" and not "climate change".

:thejoke:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Admiral Ray posted:

they can study the atmospheres of every planet but our own

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Phone posted:

Being explicitly told to eat poo poo by the Yemeni government: mission accomplished.

that one was false, yemen is still on board with authoritarian interference

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Is spicer gonna have a press meeting today? Those things help me get through my day

Lmao the Trump administration is dunking on democrats and the free press and there's jack poo poo anyone can do

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

It's about 15b. (its more than this, I'm just eyeballing here)

https://twitter.com/bungdan/status/836294709047808001

Oh, ok, it's still less than 1 percent of the federal budget: http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/02/10/383875581/guess-how-much-of-uncle-sams-money-goes-to-foreign-aid-guess-again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Robert Plant posted:

It's gonna be weird to see everyone stand up and applaud to anything Trump says.

• Locked thread