Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

CaptainPsyko posted:

You should look to join a guild doing T7 Rancor as soon as you have a 7* character. The rewards for coming in 40th are still better than doing well in the t5 raid. (A guild doing t7 tank would be even better, but most wouldn't have you until you can contribute. But guilds that can clear the 6* tank and heroic Rancor are a dime a dozen so join one and get rewarded for both until you can contribute.)

How would I find such a guild? I've only found guilds from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Numismancer posted:

How would I find such a guild? I've only found guilds from this thread.

QGJ might have room for you. Also farm TFP. He's great at PvP and will slot in perfectly with your Rancor team.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
QGJ should have room seeing as a bunch of us are moving to IGD now.

Aleth posted:

Same - it's getting late here in the UK though so might be tomorrow when I move.

And left QGJ: 811-765-534

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Aleth posted:

Alright, I'd love a rapturing into QGJ. 244-698-367, need to continue shitstomping my arena bracket (besides the top 10 whales, ugh) and to do that I need purps~

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Has anybody (Mal? or any of your TI friends maybe?) figured out some alternative HAAT teams for phases 2 and 3? I'm nowhere close to having a Chirpatine or Droid team ready, and I'm wondering if the new Sith, First Order, or Resistance teams are worthwhile.

Everything I've seen has been:

Phase 1 - Some variation on Jedi
Phase 2 - Droids + Jawas, or Clones w/Zody
Phase 3 - Chirpatine
Phase 4 - Rebels

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cidrick posted:

Has anybody (Mal? or any of your TI friends maybe?) figured out some alternative HAAT teams for phases 2 and 3? I'm nowhere close to having a Chirpatine or Droid team ready, and I'm wondering if the new Sith, First Order, or Resistance teams are worthwhile.

Phase 3 - Chirpatine
Phase 4 - Rebels

Zader with other dot producers works very well. You can't reduce the TM of the tank, but you can execute it a bunch. Boba and Maul go pretty well with this team.

At some point in every raid, I run JKA, Boba, and then some healing and whatever. I run JKA with a lot of offense, CC, cd, and no extra speed. Boba and the healers create a bunch of unique triggers and JKA crits for 20k+. I don't ever topple with this.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Cidrick posted:

Phase 3 - Chirpatine
Phase 4 - Rebels

Clones (with Leia instead of Rex) do better in P4, some people with very good teams have done over 6 million damage with them: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5spvj5/leia_and_clones_combined_for_69_million_in_p4_of/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5tzvp5/heroic_aat_phase_4_88m_damage_with_princess_zody/ are a couple of examples complete with the mod layout and gear info.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Clones (with Leia instead of Rex) do better in P4, some people with very good teams have done over 6 million damage with them: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5spvj5/leia_and_clones_combined_for_69_million_in_p4_of/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5tzvp5/heroic_aat_phase_4_88m_damage_with_princess_zody/ are a couple of examples complete with the mod layout and gear info.

The most I've seen is 10 million, but he acknowledged that it was super RNG (5-6 is his regular -- still absurd).

I don't get that, seems like P2 would be easier for them (so that you could get more damage in), but P4 is just better for them because it's harder for most comps.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Nihilus-lead Dooku on arena teams :negative:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I believe we had someone running clones but I don't remember who it was.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

Nihilus-lead Dooku on arena teams :negative:

Oh, huh, I hadn't thought about how ew that would be.

Zader, Phasma, Zid, Tusken Shaman, EE

Obviously that can just be regular Sid, his Omega isn't crucial, but it certainly helps for the Tank raid. You also probably don't have Shaman yet, so you've got a lot of options in that slot including GamG, Boba, really anyone that produces DoTs. Shaman is just good because they place dots and heal.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Oh, huh, I hadn't thought about how ew that would be.

I'm running Vader (L), Phasma, TFP, Boba and Shore.

I killed his whole team except Dooku before they even got to do much more than kill Shoretrooper.

Then Dooku killed the entire rest of my full health team doing 3-5 attacks healing 5k a pop :cry: my fault for not focusing Dooku.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

I'm running Vader (L), Phasma, TFP, Boba and Shore.

I killed his whole team except Dooku before they even got to do much more than kill Shoretrooper.

Then Dooku killed the entire rest of my full health team doing 3-5 attacks healing 5k a pop :cry: my fault for not focusing Dooku.

How fast was their Dooku?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

General Probe posted:

Pyrean - 987-414-488

Pyraen is the only one from the list who hasn't moved over yet

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Aleth posted:

If QGJ can take one more, I'm in the exact same situation (lvl 78) in Roci and I guess it's time for an ascension. I'm Kel Kion, 168-899-873, someone let me know if there's space and I'll drop guild.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

overdesigned posted:

If QGJ can take one more, I'm in the exact same situation (lvl 78) in Roci and I guess it's time for an ascension. I'm Kel Kion, 168-899-873, someone let me know if there's space and I'll drop guild.

We certainly have the room. 47/50 right now.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Malgrin posted:

How fast was their Dooku?

I didn't check. He wasn't even that good (mid 70s G9) but he went after my TFP with no speed mods the first round. It's the double health that stopped me from being able to saber throw or execute in one shot.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

fishtobaskets posted:

We certainly have the room. 47/50 right now.

I'm free and clear for an invite now.

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Best of luck to IGD with beating HAAT. Thanks for the invite to QGJ.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
omfg, from the reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9fFUmMtbI&feature=youtu.be

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
ahahaahahahaahahaa

I manually punched through like 200k AP but that's because I have no life.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I honestly figured an AP change would come with the quality of life update. Or at least a faster way to spend them...

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Today's episode of "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" has been brought to you by the letters F and U...

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 27, 2017

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Ew. I got a Wiggs/Chaze/Boba at node 9 last week. Stopped me cold.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah I can't even start to imagine what kind of a nightmare must low level GW be nowadays with all these bullshit overpowered characters around.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

Today's episode of "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" has been broght to you by the letters F and U...

Man, that's early too :(

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Burning_Monk posted:

Today's episode of "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" has been brought to you by the letters F and U...

Ah the classic CHAZE team fight...

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

overdesigned posted:

ahahaahahahaahahaa

I manually punched through like 200k AP but that's because I have no life.

I burned 300k AP using Memu and it's built-in mouse macro function. Open the bronzium screen, click record, click buy, click skip, end macro.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Also, a new update just went out that appears to have the new/better challenge rewards in place. I can't check because I simmed all my challenges today already.

Edit: Apparently there's multiple client restarts rolling out today for the QOL update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/95671/2-27-2017-client-restarts-plural

We're already noticing changes in how power totals are calculated, along with the new challenge rewards.

Cidrick fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 27, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
There's also a bug with the "A Delivery Awaits" daily activity, it's not counting anything. I'd say expect some hot fixes during the day.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Davethulhu posted:

There's also a bug with the "A Delivery Awaits" daily activity, it's not counting anything. I'd say expect some hot fixes during the day.

I had mine completed but not collected when the update hit, and it actually erased the credit. Impressive.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

The most I've seen is 10 million, but he acknowledged that it was super RNG (5-6 is his regular -- still absurd).

I don't get that, seems like P2 would be easier for them (so that you could get more damage in), but P4 is just better for them because it's harder for most comps.

P4 is better because the tank only takes one turn after topple, meaning you can get twice as many topples in before enrage.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cidrick posted:

Also, a new update just went out that appears to have the new/better challenge rewards in place. I can't check because I simmed all my challenges today already.

Edit: Apparently there's multiple client restarts rolling out today for the QOL update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/95671/2-27-2017-client-restarts-plural

We're already noticing changes in how power totals are calculated, along with the new challenge rewards.

Power calc is a display bug. No actual change.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Wait a tic, Phoenix? like Phoenix Squadron from Rebels?

I wonder if they snuck someone in or if this is a bug?

[click]

OOoooh Chopper!

EDIT: his abilities look pretty interesting, i'd love to see how they scale up to max, maybe the droid tank we've been hoping for?

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 28, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

OOoooh Chopper!

EDIT: his abilities look pretty interesting, i'd love to see how they scale up to max, maybe the droid tank we've been hoping for?

He's the next daily login

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If you get a random ally request it's from me. I'm in some newb guild since I can't help you guys yet, but summoning you for allies makes me fly through levels so hopefully I get past lvl 37 quickly enough.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pyronic posted:

OOoooh Chopper!

https://swgoh.gg/characters/chopper/

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
He has very high speed and only a one-turn taunt, which makes him a pretty sub-par tank, especially with no auto-taunt. Interesting kit for survivability but that's not much use when the rest of your team are dead.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Vulpes posted:

He has very high speed and only a one-turn taunt, which makes him a pretty sub-par tank, especially with no auto-taunt. Interesting kit for survivability but that's not much use when the rest of your team are dead.

And his basic only helps phoenix squadron not even rebels. Seems like he wont be op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

Honestly, with that much speed, the point is clearly to taunt on turn one to neutralize the opening round burst that a lot of other teams put out and allow your other, slower units to start getting to work. In theory, after that, maintaining control is up to them.

I mean, if he's fast enough and has enough protection, he's basically as good as my Shoretrooper that gets Wiggsecuted all the time.