Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

zegermans posted:

ALERT DEEP INTEL LEAKS INCOMING LOOK AWAY LOOK AWAY ALERT

PICTURED: LATEST WEAPON UTILIZED BY YEMENI INSURGENTS AGAINST OUR ARMED FORCES

They never really talked about the government in Dragonball, except when they were blowing up cities. You think someone would say something when every rocky archipelago on Earth was blown to smithereens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

without looking at drudge this is gonna be his headline

https://twitter.com/koblin/status/836301980553330692

it doesn't help most people haven't seen the top movies

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I cast my first General Election ballot for Ross Perot. I was dumb as gently caress at 18. I didn't think he was racist at all. Even then I was probably more informed than most. LAMO!

It wouldn't have mattered who you voted for. Bill Clinton got in on the Crack Baby scare like every other politician. a decades long dog and pony show of both parties denigrating black people and declaring premature black babies genetically inferior and the black community as a disease.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Spot on, But Beatty Blowing It is first on the lede

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

It has its ups and downs. There's a level of vindictive enjoyment in knowing some shitbird is smugly thinking they're pulling a fast one but getting shat on by you and the financial panopticon at your fingertips. On the other hand there's a lot of automatic logic that sends garbage up for review, which you need to spend time on. Basically if you like clowning on people who think they're slick then by all means it's fun. If you don't like spreadsheets and occasional tedium then I'd say cool your jets. Given you work at a regulatory institution spreadsheets and tedium might be your wheelhouse.

HOWEVER, with Dodd-Frank having its days numbered I would say the market for jobs is probably going to cool off. A lot of FIs have been hiring like crazy to make up for shortfalls that got identified in the last few years worth of audits, but with regs being almost certainly relaxed I am assuming that hiring will slow down, at least with domestically-owned institutions. Places that also have to adhere to international regs (e.g. places that also operate under EU jurisdiction) are probably less likely to slow down hiring but who knows how the EU will look in a couple years. There's some resistance to telecommuting and remote work but it's coming around. Don't expect to be able to work 100% remotely any time soon, though. Most places will expect some time in the office on a weekly basis.

That's very much my poo poo (having a bunch of windows and data spread out in 15 tabs is the way I work, and also the way I post).

Yeah, there's a bunch of openings for Societe Generale and poo poo. I only have a lowly JD, but thinking of taking the ACAMs in a couple of months, see how that goes. Don't think you can get hired without accreditation, experience or no probs.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zegermans posted:

It was your genius father who invented this technique. Your father was an average fighter, Donald, BUT HE WAS A BRILLIANT SCIENTIST!

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

HOLY poo poo WEAPONIZED ANIME RUN RUN RUN

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Bethamphetamine posted:

It wouldn't have mattered who you voted for. Bill Clinton got in on the Crack Baby scare like every other politician. a decades long dog and pony show of both parties denigrating black people and declaring premature black babies genetically inferior and the black community as a disease.

Everyone in the 80s and 90s had economic anxiety.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Robert Plant posted:

Trump gonna break down all the barriers tomorrow guys, let's hold hands

http://i.imgur.com/OTc2SVR.gifv

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

schummer standing up for coal miners health benefits at the moment ;)

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Namek never stood a chance, it was an entire planet of rocky archipelagos.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:same:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Vertical Lime posted:

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS WE ALL HAVE JOBS AND WENT TO BED SUPER EARLY FAKE NEWWWWWS

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gringostar posted:

how dare you imply that racism was the reason trump won

clearly the reason is that rural america is actually really nice people if we're just polite to them

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zegermans posted:

IT'S OVER 9000 HADITHS

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Augus posted:

we should just give the military our entire federal budget, why not

Ah the Prussian method.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthEast_Bromo/status/834745825293123587

https://mobile.twitter.com/QuailtyOfLife/status/834906207701860352

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
@QuailtyOfLife

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/836294687208112128

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Doorknob Slobber posted:

clearly the reason is that rural america is actually really nice people if we're just polite to them

* Not applicable if you are not just like them. Don't cause their economic anxiety to flare up.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Wasn't it the case that a lot of these are fake?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

id have the thin man movies and the matrix on constant loop

you dont say!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Weed is cool but if we are going to march the potheads off to prison I really hope these guys are going along for the ride.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol these never get old

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Well if you count bombing the poo poo out of foreign countries as aid this is right.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Fullhouse posted:

remember a few months ago when all of the American media and public were extremely mad and concerned about federal IT security? wonder what happened

So much for the mainstream liberal media.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Office Pig posted:

Wasn't it the case that a lot of these are fake?

im shocked that you would suggest not everything i read on twitter is real

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Tacodaemon can you not use the mobile twitter links they don't embed in the awful app :sad:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

oh my god

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

fake news

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Bethamphetamine posted:

Crack Baby was a pretty good school yard burn in the 90s though. So it's kinda worth it.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 385 days!
after the whole james o'keefe/NPR thing a few years ago, there were huge swaths of people that thought that 30-40% of fed'l govt spending went to public broadcasting, but for the life of me I can't find these polls again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

everything is just comfy

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tenderjerk posted:

after the whole james o'keefe/NPR thing a few years ago, there were huge swaths of people that thought that 30-40% of fed'l govt spending went to public broadcasting, but for the life of me I can't find these polls again

yeah, I'm curious what leads people to think poo poo like this

I mean, I'm sure for most of them they just get told something like "did you know that 30% of the federal budget goes to <thing you don't like>? it's true!" but some of them probably have really tortured and hilarious justifications if you ask them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Aurubin posted:

They never really talked about the government in Dragonball, except when they were blowing up cities. You think someone would say something when every rocky archipelago on Earth was blown to smithereens.

Well, the King of the Earth was a dog, for starters.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lastgirl posted:

everything is just comfy

im curled up in my papasan chair right now

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah, I'm curious what leads people to think poo poo like this

I mean, I'm sure for most of them they just get told something like "did you know that 30% of the federal budget goes to <thing you don't like>? it's true!" but some of them probably have really tortured and hilarious justifications if you ask them

they think most of the government budget is waste and what can be more wasteful than paying Iran $250 billion!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

democrats' leadership holding some kind of news conference right now. it's playing on the front page of wapo desktop site; not sure of other streams

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If it wasn't for liberals spending all the money on giving $50 worth of food to starving families every month we would all be millionaires! (This one is actual true because the population would starve to death) Trump wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Augus posted:

It was your genius father who invented this technique. Your father was an average fighter, Donald, BUT HE WAS A BRILLIANT SCIENTIST!

What a dumb thing for the dub to ad lib

• Locked thread