Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Seriously though, :madprops: to folks for hosting the competitions and donating the prizes! Its greatly aprpeciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bilirubin posted:

Seriously though, :madprops: to folks for hosting the competitions and donating the prizes! Its greatly aprpeciated.

Yeah we'll hold of for a bit for the next one. Not a lot of people playing atm.

Quoting myself for new page -

Medullah posted:

Yeah I saw that, I think someone brought it up in Discord the other day. Mine's a Discord only password and I use 2FA soooooooo I think I'll just be lazy and leave it.

In other news, rather than deal with coordinating a roll off I just bought another loving Swamp Rancor and sent one to RescueFreak and McSpanky. My laziness benefits you both.

Edit - Viscardus and Autism Speaks, you have until Monday night to pick a prize from the leftovers or I'll send you a random one.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Bilirubin posted:

YOU GET A SWAMP RANCOR! AND YOU GET A SWAMP RANCOR!

(the best guild leader! <3 Would you please grind my main's GC to tier II TIA)

:bisonyes:

Bilirubin posted:

RescueFreak fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 26, 2017

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
my computer can't handle this poo poo. But at least it might be bettet than daggerfall????

Daggerfall was pretty terribul

EDIT: Oh poo poo, maybe wrong thread?

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 26, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

my computer can't handle this poo poo. But at least it might be bettet than daggerfall????

Daggerfall was pretty terribul

EDIT: Oh poo poo, maybe wrong thread?

No, all of these statements are technically appropriate for this thread

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Ainsley McTree posted:

No, all of these statements are technically appropriate for this thread

Is i????????????????!!!!!!!!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Are we drinking and SA posting this fine evening?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is i????????????????!!!!!!!!!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Ooo excellent idea brb whiskey

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

It is just stupid how fast I am leveling these neglected alts. SW should hit 70 before the end of act 2 :wtc:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

In other news, rather than deal with coordinating a roll off I just bought another loving Swamp Rancor and sent one to RescueFreak and McSpanky. My laziness benefits you both.

You bastard, we could have made them do a dance off for it!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Good news guys, they heard our complaints about Galactic Command not being grindy enough!

https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/835937803338924033

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry, been dealing with my cancerous mum the past week (literally, she is riddled with the stuff), I'll pick through the bank tonight and make a list of things I want! Sorry Medullah!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Autism Sneaks posted:

Sorry, been dealing with my cancerous mum the past week (literally, she is riddled with the stuff), I'll pick through the bank tonight and make a list of things I want! Sorry Medullah!

Ugh sorry to hear that man. Take the time you need.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Yeah man, just take however long you need and there'll always be plenty of nice things in the vault to pick from whenever you get back.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

Medullah posted:

Edit - Viscardus and Autism Speaks, you have until Monday night to pick a prize from the leftovers or I'll send you a random one.

Whoops, sorry. I'll log on tonight and pick something, I guess. I don't mind getting last pick, since I'm pretty sure my entry was the worst one anyway. :v:

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
I've gotten super bored of WoW so I decided to fire this back up after not playing for a couple years and I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to look for an invite to TNG tonight but I have a question for everyone. I decided to try something completely new and am playing a Lightning Sorc and I'm really enjoying it but I keep hearing that its pitifully bad DPS now after getting gutted for 5.0. What exactly changed? I checked out the patch notes but since everything is new to me I didn't really understand what changed. Is Madness much better DPS or is Sorc in general not great DPS?

Oh and is there a list or anything for clicking referrals?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

You can use my referral on the OP, or someone else's who posts if you want to be nice. :)

Sorcs in general were incredibly overpowered in the last expansion, so 5.0 hit them with a big nerf bat. I don't remember the specific changes but a lot was due to critical damage and stolen life in Madness.

That said, unless you're doing progression raiding (which I'm guessing you're not if you're looking for a TNG invite) every class is perfectly fine. If you enjoy a class you can do 95% of the content easily. The harder Master/Nightmare raiding you might have a harder time with if you get into that, but the difference between top DPS and bottom DPS is really not so dramatic that it will prevent you from playing. Just play what's fun.

You really missed the fun times of DPS sorcs in 4.0 though. Man PvP was fun (Madness of course, Lightning was terrible then too)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Hell yee :sax: :drum:

It even makes sound!

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

Medullah posted:

You can use my referral on the OP, or someone else's who posts if you want to be nice. :)

Sorcs in general were incredibly overpowered in the last expansion, so 5.0 hit them with a big nerf bat. I don't remember the specific changes but a lot was due to critical damage and stolen life in Madness.

That said, unless you're doing progression raiding (which I'm guessing you're not if you're looking for a TNG invite) every class is perfectly fine. If you enjoy a class you can do 95% of the content easily. The harder Master/Nightmare raiding you might have a harder time with if you get into that, but the difference between top DPS and bottom DPS is really not so dramatic that it will prevent you from playing. Just play what's fun.

You really missed the fun times of DPS sorcs in 4.0 though. Man PvP was fun (Madness of course, Lightning was terrible then too)

Yeah, I'm definitely sticking with the Lightning Sorc as its much different from the two previous classes I played (Guardian and Operative) and really I don't care about bleeding edge DPS or hardcore progression raiding, those days are long behind me. Thanks, I'll click your link as a thanks for the good OP.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
If you don't have 110% Accuracy (to remove enemy resistance) you should stay with Lightning anyway. Madness is almost unplayable if your abilities can be resisted.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

If you don't have 110% Accuracy (to remove enemy resistance) you should stay with Lightning anyway. Madness is almost unplayable if your abilities can be resisted.

You're talking pve, right? I've never used accuracy in PvP with my Madness sorc(s) and don't think I ever had a miss/resist that wasn't due to Shroud/Roll/etc.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

You're talking pve, right? I've never used accuracy in PvP with my Madness sorc(s) and don't think I ever had a miss/resist that wasn't due to Shroud/Roll/etc.

Right, there's no baseline force resistance in PvP so sorcs are fine with 0 accuracy.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.
Finally got around to logging in to see what's available. Could I get the Akk Dog Handler License? I don't have any of those fancy animal companions yet and it looks adorable. :v:

Edit: You can send it to Aelixana.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Viscardus posted:

Finally got around to logging in to see what's available. Could I get the Akk Dog Handler License? I don't have any of those fancy animal companions yet and it looks adorable. :v:

Edit: You can send it to Aelixana.

I didn't even know there was one in there. Surprised more people didn't go for that since it's a 20 million minimum item. I'll log on later tonight and send it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

And actually, Sent because I wanted to see if it was actually there and had some time before work.

Cheapest one on GTN right now is *350 million*!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It'd been there for ages, always surprised me no-one went for it before now.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

It was the first companion I would have gotten, but I'm honestly so loaded up on companions I will never use already vOv

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There are still 2 Mawvorr, 3 TY-4N and 3 K1-Z3N licenses in the vault, and there aren't too many of those on the GTN (1, 3 and 4 respectively as of this moment) and all of which are 10m+ currently.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

It was the first companion I would have gotten, but I'm honestly so loaded up on companions I will never use already vOv

If you ever have the desire to level alts, I recommend getting at least one of the droid/beast companions and unlocking in collections for 400cc. That gives you an extra companion right at level 10 and of you craft you can send your first companion out creating while you're using the beast. They're also super easy to get high influence on since Grade 6 gifts are available from the Jawa scrap vendors. Sadly they can't craft, but 100 blue scrap gets them to ~22 influence which is fantastic for Heroics and combat.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Medullah posted:

And actually, Sent because I wanted to see if it was actually there and had some time before work.

Cheapest one on GTN right now is *350 million*!

Thanks so much! But it's not actually worth that much, right? I just wanted it because I thought it looked cute. :shobon:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Viscardus posted:

Thanks so much! But it's not actually worth that much, right? I just wanted it because I thought it looked cute. :shobon:

Using the Akk Dog as a companion is like eating a Faberge egg

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I've bought all of the droid/beast companions and I'm pretty sure I've never once used them for anything.

And yet I will continue to buy them when more come out because apparently growing up with Pokemon really messed me up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Viscardus posted:

I would say it's worth a hefty amount. It was the first beast companion, and its one of the only two beast companions that can perform tricks. You might wanna try selling it for 100 million or so and see if you get a bite. They're pretty rare.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Medullah posted:

I would say it's worth a hefty amount. It was the first beast companion, and its one of the only two beast companions that can perform tricks. You might wanna try selling it for 100 million or so and see if you get a bite. They're pretty rare.

100 million? Jesus, I feel kind of bad now. Who even donated something that valuable in the first place?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Viscardus posted:

100 million? Jesus, I feel kind of bad now. Who even donated something that valuable in the first place?
It's gone up in price over time due to demand far outstripping supply. It was probably worth 5-10m when it was donated.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Viscardus posted:

Don't feel bad just because you noticed it. :)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hooray Medullah! Thanks a million for the extra Swamp Rancor!

To be quite honest I didn't bother assessing any of the pets because I didn't think they'd be worth that much, or I absolutely would've gone for the Akk Dog and then just bought my own drat Swamp Rancor :v:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Boo it would appear the CXP bonus has been corrected to 250%.

Edit: Maybe not? Got 250% for Vet Fractured Group Finder but 350% for Oricon dailies.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh snap bought a supercrate and got the new emote, it's my go to real life dance move!

• Locked thread