Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I emptied mine before the patch that put all the old cores there and it was 7 full inventories sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I particularly hate the fact that they give you random poo poo you don't care about, then on top of that they give you a little chit that tells you what they gave you. loving gaz are all about filling your inventory with unnecessary poo poo.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
My wife and I recently started playing again on Mondays to try out new stuff.

First time we started this up we didn't actually play, since she spent about 2 and a half hours reorganizing her inventory and stash.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Some changes to the infinity system coming:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315278/announcement-infinity-system-1-1-update-round-robin-removal-and-more

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

New devblog: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315278/announcement-infinity-system-1-1-update-round-robin-removal-and-more#latest

Tldr: removing round robin point gain for the infinity system. Players can spend their points in any node. Bonuses will be added to encourage diversification, e.g. 150 points in a node gives +1 to all stats. Also some very specialized nodes are changed. The damage to unaware targets was removed for example.

Seems good but no date given for the update.

Edit:fb

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Now I need to think again, thanks a lot Gaz.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Another +6 to all stats for Taskmaster, he said before realizing that means TM's even less likely to get the buffs he needs now.
e: Ahahahaha
50+ Points - When you use a Medkit, reset the cooldown of your Dash power (restoring 1 charge).
100+ Points - Adds an additional Charge to your Dash Powers

The rollback begins...

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 27, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

As of last week's reports, the highest Infinity Point total among our players was 1,661, which is possibly lower than where we'd expect.

:psyboom:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

However as a bunch of people have pointed out in that thread, no more:
- Area Damage
- Movement power damage
- Movement speed
- Spirit
- Cost reduction

so currently looking like one of those "characters who feel good feel better, characters who don't will feel worse, Juggernaut eats a pile of casual nerfs" updates. Again.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

They're going to base their balancing on someone who plays 24/7 with a million buffs going

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

- Area Damage
- Movement power damage
- Movement speed
- Spirit
- Cost reduction

so currently looking like one of those "characters who feel good feel better, characters who don't will feel worse, Juggernaut eats a pile of casual nerfs" updates. Again.

Yeah that is concerning, logging into a hero I haven't maxed move speed on yet feels terrible. Hopefully those are just oversights in the notes and they will still be there, but yeah Gaz so who knows.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

those changes own

except for the stuff that encourages medkit spamming.

cams fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 27, 2017

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

they just keep trying to stop the Juggs

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Rip my spiderman build. Removing area damage and movement damage is gonna ruin that poo poo.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cams posted:

those changes own

You can cut a few seconds of medkit cooldown with cosmic item affixes. Probably with omegas too. So even easier and more medkit spamming for you

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'd like to give them three months to remove the inevitably terrible Damage Based on Attribute nodes because those were always the shittiest bonuses on cosmic items, but they're never that interested in fixing suboptimal things.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Drythe posted:

Rip my spiderman build. Removing area damage and movement damage is gonna ruin that poo poo.

Just drop all those points in Attributes? Like, :wtc:? This is better in every way.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Also, thanks for yet another Colossus nerf Gaz, he desperately needed it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

- Area Damage
- Movement power damage
- Movement speed
- Spirit
- Cost reduction

lol people saying the game will be better without those nodes

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'll take the movement speed over the extra dash every day of the week. In fact i wish they'd keep everything they are removing besides the unaware target damage.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol people saying the game will be better without those nodes
People also said the game would be better without invuln cores or dash spamming and I'm sighing very hard at the various terminals and patrols and their associated bosses and dimensions over here.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

People also said the game would be better without invuln cores or dash spamming and I'm sighing very hard at the various terminals and patrols and their associated bosses and dimensions over here.

Those people are right.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I wouldn't even care about new assets at this point just cut out the middle third of half the zones in the game and take a 0 off the telegraphed gently caress-you AoEs on most of the bosses. Congratulations you've now remade your content to match the lies you told when you made a bunch of new talent trees.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Updated some of the nodes.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/315278/announcement-infinity-system-1-1-update-round-robin-removal-and-more/p9 posted:

Vulnerable exploitation removed from Mind, replaced with Max Spirit and a potent Cost Reduction bonus at 100+ points

Movement Speed added to Attack Speed in Time page
Apparently they were planning on fixing spirit with itemization but wouldn't be ready at the same time. And their metrics show move speed wasn't a popular node so they didn't include it initially, now it is being combined with attack speed node.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fried Sushi posted:

And their metrics show move speed wasn't a popular node so they didn't include it initially

Could have told you that. Literally pubs.txt

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is pretty clear they are aiming for spirit fixing stuff to be valuable in itemization

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Marvel Heroes:

Fried Sushi posted:

but wouldn't be ready at the same time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
They made a new thread for the infinity update and haven't mentioned anything about the top players getting their infinity points from the now nerfed story mode nor how they're basing their not-balancing of xp gains on that

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
This is such a weird approach to the problem they created. They could have fixed most of the issues with Infinity by either removing round robin, or making sure there were actually attractive nodes in all six gems. Doing both (at the cost of some largely but not universally attractive nodes) is stupid. So of course they did.

Literally who cares if a gem has niche nodes if you aren't sinking 1/6 of your points into it though? Just spend them elsewhere?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

AzraelNewtype posted:

This is such a weird approach to the problem they created. They could have fixed most of the issues with Infinity by either removing round robin, or making sure there were actually attractive nodes in all six gems. Doing both (at the cost of some largely but not universally attractive nodes) is stupid. So of course they did.

Literally who cares if a gem has niche nodes if you aren't sinking 1/6 of your points into it though? Just spend them elsewhere?
Also the biggest problem ultimately, which is that they took the Diablo 3 paragon idea and not system. If categories were like:
- Stats

- CR/BR/CDR/BDR

- Damage types (Area, Movement, Summon)

- Resource management (+Spirit, % cost, on-hit whatever)

- Defenses

- Grab bag (+movement speed, credits on kill, other dumb poo poo)

And you just got like...a Point in each periodically (that gets you a Thing, instead of saving up like 50 points for one point in a thing), so like 1 Stat, then next in the round robin is 50 BDR or 25 CDR stuff, then 25? DR, for a category, and so on. But no. Instead you have the Omega grind of the past just dilated and splattered.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

those changes own

I messed with my ini files to make it so that all of my buttons would hit the vacuum button so I could keep box up at all times, now I'm going to have to mess with them to spam medkits, problem solved again.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Grinning Goblin posted:

I messed with my ini files to make it so that all of my buttons would hit the vacuum button so I could keep box up at all times, now I'm going to have to mess with them to spam medkits, problem solved again.

Welcome to never getting the Power Not Ready message off your screen, along with constant "I can't do that" unless you're playing Black Bolt.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
They sure are in touch with the way people actually play their game!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm going to have to amend my Scarlet Witch "No more medkits" picture to read "No, more medkits".

e: remember, this is a company who thought the average player would max omegas in six months

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

AzraelNewtype posted:

Welcome to never getting the Power Not Ready message off your screen, along with constant "I can't do that" unless you're playing Black Bolt.

They already did that with BUE.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Grinning Goblin posted:

Hey man, I play with a controller and zoomed in all the way, this game is perfect now.
Unironically this.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Just drop all those points in Attributes? Like, :wtc:? This is better in every way.

I mean, its not by about 30% damage, but im also not retarded enough to get in an argument with SHOW YOUR MATH Toshimo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Regarding Taskmaster, he gets more out of the +1 to All Attributes on the Mastery nodes, and is likely to want to cap every node before reaching into Attributes. That's quite some time away for any Taskmaster player (even if the 1,661 player is a Tasky main). We may need to revisit it at a later time, but he has plenty of Infinity options to browse for a long time to come - no immediate action is necessary to ship these changes, but there may be later.

Taskmaster is fine you guys

e:
taskmaster: +6 to all stats = 54% damage
everyone else: +6 to all stats = 48% damage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 28, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Drythe posted:

I mean, its not by about 30% damage, but im also not retarded enough to get in an argument with SHOW YOUR MATH Toshimo

Oh, sorry that arithmetic is where you draw the line. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Taskmaster is fine you guys

e:
taskmaster: +6 to all stats = 54% damage
everyone else: +6 to all stats = 48% damage

Taskmaster now scales inversely well to everyone else. This is cool and good because