Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In a more relaxed toom today. Not a single glowstick in sight. All the die hards probably got into M2, and I chose the less populated toom from the remaining 2 premium rooms. I think I can just stay seated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's like 10 people here in a room that seats like 250. Last I checked only 70 or so people had reseeved seats.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tempted to redeem my Your Name popcorn + soda + goodies pack but I'll leave that for when I watch Logan.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh neat, a dude with the shirt from the Rippi live.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, first glowstick sighting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HELP.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SECOND LIVE IS A TOUR THAT VISITS 3 PLACES. THAT'S 6 DAYS TOTAL.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
ALSO.

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCED.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'M GONNA BE BANKRUPT.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Hate-Senpai posted:

ALSO.

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCED.

!!!!!

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Annnd I wiped out my star jewel reserve for five shots at Kaede. Got a bunch of new SRs out of it at least.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna post about the live and them spoiler it for anyone who intends to watch a delayed viewing, because oh my loving god Day 2 was so emotional.

So, this live was really interlocked with the anime. The only other live I saw was the Final Live for Muse, which was a farewell live more than anything else. But this live had clips play in 2 intermission that took scenes from the anime and brought them together to tell an abridged version of the story before leading up to songs like Mijuku Dreamer, Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare, and Mirai Ticket. It went anime intermission (story of the group forming and gathering members + getting 0) / Dreamer & Omoi + 1 song from the Aquarium album / anime intermission (getting 0 new school applicants, visiting Otonizaka, choosing their new goal) / Mirai Ticket & Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai? / encore / Pop Hearts + ED + Step! Zero to ONE.

But man, Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare was something else. You see, they actually had Riko's VA play the piano while the other 8 members performed, really hammering in the lyrics about the girls being together and one. On Day 1, she performed without any mistakes, but on Day 2, she actually messed up right at the start and the song suddenly stopped. She burst into tears and apologized to the crowd and the other members and a bunch of them rushed to comfort her, tell her it was okay, and so on. Everyone in the audience cheered her on, and switched their glowsticks to Riko's color. It was really, really, really, really emotional. It's the sort of thing that makes me glad that I decided to watch Day 2 despite having watched Day 1, and really hammered into me that I was watching something that was happening live in real-time. It also has this unreal synchro with Riko herself, given Riko's backstory, and the whole dealing with failure thing.

Like, that alone would have made going to the viewing of Day 2 of the live worth it.

Chika's VA is a really good leader; she was like the first person who rushed to comfort Riko's VA, and she also helped smooth things out afterwards by joking that moments like that made it a real live.

Speaking of which, they actually play out the entire thing from the final episode where Chika (and You) tells the story of Aqours, complete with the tapping noises. It was amazing. They even had Yoshiko's VA appear from far away, like in the anime.

This synchronization with the anime was really something, I enjoyed that the live felt like it was telling the story of Aqours. I shed a ton of tears. Like, man. It hits you hard.

The outfits.... dang. Just, dang. Dia's VA had an absolutely stunning shoulderless dress during the subunit (AZALEA) part that was just wow. And Guilty Kiss had a really beautiful goth outfits. Riko's VA in particular had a really neat one, with the arm sleeves being like, open but tied together with white ribbons. I dunno how to explain it properly, but you'll get it if you see it.

Beyond Omoi, the Guilty Kiss songs were just so so so good. The intro to Strawberry Trapper was so impactful, like oh my god. AZALEA also made really good use of the screen during their second song. Like wow.

You's VA really shone, she had so much energy that she stood out among the rest. She was constantly jumping and skipping around, and she got like 2 dance solo parts, once during the Cyaron part and once during the 1st year story songs. Even during the talking portions, her actions were a cut above the rest. Really infectious cheer.

Hanamaru's and Dia's VAs are really tall, sorta like how Iida Riho was really tall. It's only fitting that the girl influenced by Rin also has a really tall VA. It's really noticeable when compared with Ruby's and Mari VAs, who are like super short.

Yoshiko's VA constantly going "Don't call me Yoshiko, I'm Yohane!" every single time someone called her Yoshiko was so fun. Like sometimes she'd just mutter it or say it quietly and it was hilarious EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Oh and there were a bunch of hugs. Kana's VA hugged You's VA during the self introduction on Day 1, and then Mari 's VA(and You's VA) on Day 2, and there was a bunch of hugging during the songs as well.

It's so good you guys.

So good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

ALSO.

SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCED.

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/LL_Wikia/status/835813993507766274

This all sounds great, just great.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/NAS_x/status/835876154426839040

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

But man, Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare was something else. You see, they actually had Riko's VA play the piano while the other 8 members performed, really hammering in the lyrics about the girls being together and one. On Day 1, she performed without any mistakes, but on Day 2, she actually messed up right at the start and the song suddenly stopped. She burst into tears and apologized to the crowd and the other members and a bunch of them rushed to comfort her, tell her it was okay, and so on. Everyone in the audience cheered her on, and switched their glowsticks to Riko's color. It was really, really, really, really emotional. It's the sort of thing that makes me glad that I decided to watch Day 2 despite having watched Day 1, and really hammered into me that I was watching something that was happening live in real-time. It also has this unreal synchro with Riko herself, given Riko's backstory, and the whole dealing with failure thing.

I'm seeing lots of fanart of this

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad, also post links.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh my god I want to see this fanart but I'm not at home.

I don't even know what it's about because I didn't click the spoiler.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

GhostStalker posted:

That reminds me that I need to buy a ticket when my next check clears early next week. The original noon showing is sold out already, gotta get the 4:15 one instead. Hope it doesn't sell out as well before I get paid...

Man, I know a dude who is gonna be going to the same stream in two cities on the East Coast on the same day, in NY and Fairfax, hopping Amtrak in between apparently. He's way deeper into idol hell than I am.

I'm going to the noon showing so maybe I'll see you at another event. Got my King blade. Need to learn the calls this week:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm glad, also post links.

There's a whole poo poo ton of it like holy crap I'm just going to stop looking.

This moment's getting some too, of course.

And Shuka being energetic seems to be getting its share.

Also Mezashi, because Mezashi is good:
https://twitter.com/mezashiozsn/status/835881015130255361

:lol:, but also :yikes:
https://twitter.com/akua_rin_0415/status/835740278132625409

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The greatest Incident yet,

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

The greatest Incident yet,

that typeface makes me sad. so jaggy

…are those people? what the hell are they even supposed to be?

like, I can't tell what's going on in that picture and it still seems horribly wrong, which is real impressive, but still.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

me and my wife are prolly gonna watch the muse movie today...excited...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm gonna post about the live and them spoiler it for anyone who intends to watch a delayed viewing, because oh my loving god Day 2 was so emotional.

poo poo, this sounds amazing, but apparently the US delayed viewings are only of day 1. Would've loved to see this myself.

emormu posted:

I'm going to the noon showing so maybe I'll see you at another event. Got my King blade. Need to learn the calls this week:

drat. Should've bought the tickets immediately since I had the cash available, but no, had to wait for my check... Oh well, have my ticket for the 4:15 now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Beause

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It loving sucks the US isn't getting Day 2, maybe someone should start a White House petition.

Much thanks to my friend, the parsley.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Nice summary Zep. Much thanks. Literally life goals to make it to a Live.

Also all the ChikaRiko art popping up regarding it hits me so hard in the feels.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

I can't take this single seriously because every time I see the title it takes me back to Trainroll

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chika looks like she might resort to fists if RPS doesn't go her way.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yohane is an RPS master. I would not play against her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess my fears were unfounded since I have 363 Loveca and it's not even March yet.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/schoolidolu/status/836491094770630656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

For those of you who missed the day 2 feels: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knc2wz9zdhw