Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

euphronius posted:

Lol the nyt called ssa and Medicare "the two biggest drains on the fed budget"

May cancel my subscription

Uhhhh wasn't that the nyt referencing Paul Ryan's views?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

Well if you get rid of the payments yet keep the direct taxes they collect for those specific programs you are on to something.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol if u give money to fake news spreaders

half my ss check goes right back into infowars donations

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

NYT is the best because they were one of the biggest Hillary's EMAILS new drivers when it looked like she was going to win, but now that Trumps won their subscriptions are through the roof!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

euphronius posted:

#theresistance

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

what the gently caress

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

a helpful bear posted:

guys those trump regrets tweets are all russian bots meant to destabilize. ur bein manipulated dont u see

you can't control my mind, russian! not even i can control my mind

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I donate all my Soros money to the reelect DJT super pac. Game set match liberal billionaires!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://mobile.twitter.com/mandirush5/status/836284239221927938

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the forgotten man remembers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Admiral Ray posted:

you can't control my mind, russian! not even i can control my mind

see its already workin

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

a helpful bear posted:

see its already workin

???????!!!

noooo~~~~~~

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 360 days!
he never even thought about you to begin with :unsmith:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The NYT has witty reporters on twitter, I think that's worth whatever the gently caress you actually pay lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

lol if you pay for news instead of just distilling trump thread and putting it straight up your rear end in a top hat for max bloodstream action

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Kurtofan posted:

the forgotten man remembers

Sometimes I search things for fun...I had no idea that "The Forgotten Man" was the name of this painting/image:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

fits my needs posted:

NYT is the best because they were one of the biggest Hillary's EMAILS new drivers when it looked like she was going to win, but now that Trumps won their subscriptions are through the roof!

now they are being banned from pressers, and yammering on about the importance of the fourth estate

:dukedoge:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

fits my needs posted:

That's because the NYT has been buttmad for 40 years about WaPo scooping Watergate and decided the Clintons were their best bet to even the odds (which granted was probably because they're shady as gently caress)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Ohio bill to outlaw marital rape gets zero support from GOP lawmakers

quote:

As a former prosecutor, I would argue that you could still try to prosecute under the forced rape statute, but unfortunately drugging and raping your spouse in Ohio is not illegal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

what the gently caress

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

imagine being a poor person who thought Donald Trump was actually going to improve their lives in any meaningful way

I don't know if I should feel bad for them or not because geez

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

euphronius posted:

they're not wrong in the sense that those two programs are the biggest chunks of the federal budget

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

lol if you don't inject ed balls directly into your veins to really get the blood trumping through u

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I love JEB!

Please clap...

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hodgepodge of press outlets at random, minus righties were banned from a cocktail weenie bro-party in spicer's musky office. people thought they were being oppressed lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Let me try again

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Fullhouse posted:

imagine being a poor person who thought Donald Trump was actually going to improve their lives in any meaningful way

Yeah. Seriously. Most of these people aren't bad people, but it just proves that a large large large percentage of Americans are either extremely gullible or extremely loving stupid. Actually it's both

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Fullhouse posted:

lol no

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

Let me try again

That's weird because those two things have their own taxes built right into the code!

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

Upon their release, McClain ordered them to be permanently bashnished from Douglas County

drat i didnt know we still did that

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Regular Nintendo posted:

drat i didnt know we still did that

They would have been run out of town on a rail, but the coal mine shut down all the rail lines and then the rail lines were all scrapped for heroin.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

run out of town on a needle

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
MAYBE REPUBLICANS CAN MAKE MAGIC REAL THIS TIME

MAYBE THE JOB CREATORS WILL TRICKLE DOWN ON ME THIS TIME

OHHH NOOOOOO ANOTHER ZILLION DOLLARS INTO THE MILITARY AND THE SMOG FACTORY IS NOW PUMPING poo poo INTO MY EYEBALLS

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bethamphetamine posted:

Ohio bill to outlaw marital rape gets zero support from GOP lawmakers

:wow: somehow doesn't surprise me about that poo poo hole

Fullhouse posted:

lol if you pay for news instead of just distilling trump thread and putting it straight up your rear end in a top hat for max bloodstream action

i exclusively buttchug freshly squeezed nite crew

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The article in question. The phrase in question is used in the lede. The author, Jennifer Steinhauer, mostly writes about the Trump administration and Congressional politics over the last few months. Judging from her Twitter there isn't any reason to believe she's making a value statement about Medicare and SS, just saying that they cost a lot of money to run.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

MAYBE REPUBLICANS CAN MAKE MAGIC REAL THIS TIME

MAYBE THE JOB CREATORS WILL TRICKLE DOWN ON ME THIS TIME

OHHH NOOOOOO ANOTHER ZILLION DOLLARS INTO THE MILITARY AND THE SMOG FACTORY IS NOW PUMPING poo poo INTO MY EYEBALLS

They can make loving delicious guac! Vote JEB!

Please clap...

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Let me try again

spinny-thinking-face.gif

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

tenderjerk posted:

he never even thought about you to begin with :unsmith:

unironically thinking of making a twitter bot to respond to these people with comments like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

The article in question. The phrase in question is used in the lede. The author, Jennifer Steinhauer, mostly writes about the Trump administration and Congressional politics over the last few months. Judging from her Twitter there isn't any reason to believe she's making a value statement about Medicare and SS, just saying that they cost a lot of money to run.

They shouldn't use "biggest drain" ever to describe them

It's not hard

• Locked thread