Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

loving hell, I remember when this came up in the thread a year ago or even further back. That games developer sounds like an absolute psychopath.

The Astounding Romino Bros. are idiots, not psychos. I think Jim said it best when he mentioned James sitting down with an actual lawyer and things getting a little too real for him- from what I've heard of the documents, not just in this video but in several others, they're utterly childish and petty in their complaints, haphazardly put together, and lacking in any form of professionalism (of course, the Romines never hired a lawyer).

The utterly sad thing is, had they simply shut up about everything and let things slide, Jim would've just moved on to the next lovely asset flip. Sure, odds are he'd stumble onto another DH trash fire, but at least he wouldn't actively be digging into things. Seriously, of all the people who'd be offended due to artistic pride, the DH guys are the ones I'd least suspect, and the ones who least deserve, to be so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SLOSifl posted:

Who doesn't love collecting data from my hungry guys??

I just want you to know that I this was appreciated and chuckled over.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

SLOSifl posted:

LOL, I'm sorry I missed this the first time

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
I tried to watch that video and was greeted by a fat guy talking with a frog puppet so I'm gonna chalk this one up to 'everyone is awful'

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

NiceGuy posted:

I tried to watch that video and was greeted by a fat guy talking with a frog puppet so I'm gonna chalk this one up to 'everyone is awful'

All you need to know is the people suing said fat man with frog are much, much worse.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are all youtube game people so insufferable?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Platystemon posted:

Dog ate my Neighbor's Drone - Am I liable? (IL)

Legal eagles advise “lol no, also you should take your dog to a vet”.

Idiot neighbor actually files a lawsuit. It does not go well.

That's fantastic, people who fly these things need to understand how dangerous they actually are. There was a case in the UK where a guy lost control of one of the little ones and it nearly removed his neighbors toddlers eye.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ekuNNN posted:

Your audience has to find you relatable

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

SLOSifl posted:

I'm so glad someone caught this. I was going to use my client's example for the super bowl, and then thought about keeping my job instead.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ekuNNN posted:

Who is this?

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Someone who vastly overestimates his appeal.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

ekuNNN posted:

I wondered if the demeanour, outfit etc was him playing up to the gamer stereotype ironically and then wondered if you can be fat ironically.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Someone who vastly overestimates his appeal.

Well, THAT doesn't help; that describes pretty much all youtubers.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Points to any one that actually figures out what is going on.

https://twitter.com/DougieStew/status/835845404734414848?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

Your audience has to find you relatable

Yeop. If you're trying to sell to obnoxious children, act like an obnoxious child.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Jippa posted:

The frightened looks on their faces when the cops show is just hilarious and a great capper.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

loving love that the cops are all "OI WOT'S ALL THIS THEN"

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Jippa posted:

Pretty sure it's Lord of the Flies, but on a train, with bagels.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Eponine posted:

In a less sinister application, Twitter has those stats running constantly to see when a certain User Agent profile drops off from tweeting because the app or site is broken for them. Fewer than 1% of people will reach out to tell you that your site is hosed and from that, Maybe 1% of those people will know that mentioning their browser, OS and version is important to help unfuck the site.

It likely ties in to back when Twitter was really starting to take off (`09, `10) and was pushing all sorts of third-party apps at the time. The app used to tweet was displayed with every tweet on the main site so you could, in theory, discover new stuff that way. Then Twitter decided that actually maintaining control over everything was better, so they removed all that third-party BS and pushed people to use the official apps.

I'm honestly surprised that the client metadata hasn't been stripped yet.

quote:

His main argument to the judge was that I "maliciously installed a table to allow my dog to jump high enough to catch his drone, which I (somehow) trained him to do".
:laffo:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Jippa posted:

I think London is what's going on.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

bitterandtwisted posted:

I wondered if the demeanour, outfit etc was him playing up to the gamer stereotype ironically and then wondered if you can be fat ironically.

Jim Sterling is a chunky monkey, theres no two ways about that, but yeah the general demeanour/outfit/podium with red and black flag/overblown arrogance are very much him playing up the stereotype ironically. He's one of the very very few vidyagame youtubers I have any time for and the Digital Homicide lawsuit has been a saga worth following.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Hmm well if he's only pretending to be completely insufferable

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Eh, you find it amusing or you dont, I was just confirming that he is in fact looking like a stereotypical gamer douchebag on purpose for the intros and outros of his videos.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
Sup guys just dropping in to say that I don't like these youtube guys, I don't even know what a youtube is, anyway thanks for reading my post, don't forget to smash that motherfucking like button

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jippa posted:

This isn't just London. This is every school in England when the teacher leaves the classroom for more than ten minutes, and then comes back in to bollock everyone when it became obvious that chaos ensued in his absence.

Its loving hilarious, and that final segment is perfect for this thread.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
you would'nt be surprised to find out that jim sterling has raped two women.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Jippa posted:

This is complete loving gibberish, and I come from the same country as these people.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Why do they have so many bagels

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

oh dope posted:

I think London is what's going on.

They banned alcohol on public transport a few years back but there's a cunning loophole: it doesn't count if the alcohol is already inside your body...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Olewithmilk posted:

Bagels are awesome. I like to think of them as donuts that grew up and went to law school or something.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Olewithmilk posted:

because everyone in the UK eats stuff that most people would put in the garbage

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FAROOQ posted:

you would'nt be surprised to find out that jim sterling has raped two women.

That would imply Jim Sterling has agility and strength.

But seriously, skip to 1:30 in the video and marvel at the stupidity of two idiots who thought Jim talking poo poo about their 'game' was a violation of Fair Use because they believed doing so was unfair.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's not a video or gif, but this thread will probably enjoy it:

http://www.areyousorryyet.com/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Here's some real good schooty fruity,

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/836271153824083969

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Ahahaha yesss!

gently caress

Youuuuu!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh gently caress them for crying. If you're going to be a big enough rear end in a top hat to ruin a kid's birthday party you might as well go full on supervillain and cackle the whole way to the prison cell.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
You don't understand officer! I didn't realize there would be consequences! How could I have known? In a way, I am the real victim here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

How did they get away with it for two days before being arrested?