Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sefal posted:

Yeah I'd be trying to get the asian english version. Should be easy to find in japan. I'd been holding off on importing puyo puyo tetris for a while now. It's getting a localized version soon though.
I'll pass on bullet girls.
I can't read kanji or anything. Just thought It would be neat to go to japan once in my life. 1st week is in Tokyo 2nd, week is Takatsuki, kyoto and beppu, last week is hiroshima and then back to Tokyo.

protip: be sure to check out rainbow burritos in shinjuku, it's A) a lesbian burrito takeaway counter called rainbow burritos, which is worth the price of admission and B) the burritos are really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Sefal posted:

Going on a trip soon. expecting about 16 hours of air plane travel time. each direction
Taking my vita with me. Thinking about taking these games with me.
- Danganronpa 2
- EDF 2017
- Superdimension neptunia vs sega
- Blazblue continuum shift extend

Is there a game I missed out on, that would be excellent for long trips like this?

How do you feel about making your own customized Gundums because Gundam Breaker 3 gives you a crapload of options for doing that. Then you take your Gunpla to a battle arena and smash the crap out of everyone else's Gunpla, pick up the pieces that fell off, take em back to your base and build up your increasingly badass original (do not steal) chimera of a Gundam.

Japanese Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MqKk5DjvPc

You can get the Asian release version that is completely in English except for the voice acting. It plays well on the Vita, slightly low framerate when it gets hectic, nothing too terrible though and being a Vita owner should have you used to that by now.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Just scored me a used Vita with five garbage games and a 64GB and 32GB memory cards for ~$90.

I already have a PSTV, so now I'm wondering what are some good Vita games that can only be played on the Vita?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Just scored me a used Vita with five garbage games and a 64GB and 32GB memory cards for ~$90.

I already have a PSTV, so now I'm wondering what are some good Vita games that can only be played on the Vita?

Ys Memories of Celceta, if it never got whitelisted

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

protip: be sure to check out rainbow burritos in shinjuku, it's A) a lesbian burrito takeaway counter called rainbow burritos, which is worth the price of admission and B) the burritos are really good

I really want a japanese burrito

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

In Training posted:

Ys Memories of Celceta, if it never got whitelisted

Nope, that's actually playable on the PSTV. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

If there aren't just a ton of games, I may just flog the system and the games at Gamestop and get PSN credit. Keeping the memory cards though! Can't believe I got those for so cheap.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Killzone Mercenary?

e: nope that one actually seems to be whitelisted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ruggington posted:

the lady's girlfriend is mexican-japanese, they're pretty much like regular burritos

really good tho

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

zenintrude posted:

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Yeah, that's one, and apparently the Little Big Planet game never got whitelisted either.

Is Tearaway on Vita significantly different from its PS4 rerelease?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Wamdoodle posted:

How do you feel about making your own customized Gundums because Gundam Breaker 3 gives you a crapload of options for doing that. Then you take your Gunpla to a battle arena and smash the crap out of everyone else's Gunpla, pick up the pieces that fell off, take em back to your base and build up your increasingly badass original (do not steal) chimera of a Gundam.

Japanese Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MqKk5DjvPc

You can get the Asian release version that is completely in English except for the voice acting. It plays well on the Vita, slightly low framerate when it gets hectic, nothing too terrible though and being a Vita owner should have you used to that by now.

Can confirm this is a pretty sweet game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Emong posted:

Can confirm this is a pretty sweet game

How do I get a Ball? I've been running around as Horse Gundam

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

the lady's girlfriend is mexican-japanese, they're pretty much like regular burritos

really good tho

I'll have you know that we don't eat burritos, is tacos or bust :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Why the hell not

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Why the hell not

Not our invention, that is something we got from the US years back along hot dogs and hamburgers. Before that we had quesadillas, tacos, tortas and huaraches. :eng101:

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Improbable Lobster posted:

How do I get a Ball? I've been running around as Horse Gundam

The Ball is DLC, because they know what the people really want.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Not our invention, that is something we got from the US years back along hot dogs and hamburgers. Before that we had quesadillas, tacos, tortas and huaraches. :eng101:
Burritos are overrated anyway. Taco all carbon or bust.

Ruggington posted:

I'm imagining some sort of bizarre sushi burrito that's like a futomaki roll but not and it's really messing with me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Emong posted:

The Ball is DLC, because they know what the people really want.

hosed up

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Thanks for making me hungry

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I AM THE TOILET posted:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational, which is not only one of the best Vita games, but also can easily be found for a song

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does Japan have the sushirito yet

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Is anyone in here ever gonna mention SD Gundam G Generation Genesis because god's damns that is a great fuckin game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Big... Dog posted:

Is anyone in here ever gonna mention SD Gundam G Generation Genesis because god's damns that is a great fuckin game

It got more attention in the ps4 and srw threads.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Today i started my vita only to discover none of my game saves will load. The data appears to be on the memory card in data management but the game itself cannot find it (for example Atelier Shallie doesn't provide an option to load a save file as if i'd booted it up for the first time).

I'm guessing my memory card is hosed. My question is would reformatting it fix this issue or do i need to get a new one? I know reformatting will delete my save data and i don't care at this point. Just wanna have a working memory card before my copy of SRW V arrives.

A Big... Dog posted:

Seconded. I'm in love with my army of giant Haro's and dice gundams!

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Mar 2, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

RanKizama posted:

Burritos are overrated anyway. Taco all carbon or bust.

I'm imagining some sort of bizarre sushi burrito that's like a futomaki roll but not and it's really messing with me.

There's a hipster taco joint in the Chelsea Mall (hipster area) in Manhattan which markets itself as a taco/Japanese fusion joint. They use homemade thin-rear end taco shells and cram shabu-shabu or yellowtail in it with daikon radish and cabbage. The taco bento gets you a salad + goma dressing, miso, and some edamame on the side.

Not bad but stupidly overpriced.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Not bad but stupidly overpriced.

manhattan.rtf

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looks like Stranger in Sword City Revisited is out, but is P4G the better choice, especially at $15?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I ended up giving my copy away, how is the game (SSCR)? Like... compared to Demon Gaze or other Dungeon crawlers on vita?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ruggington posted:

well all you have to do is get a burrito at taco bell and put some shrimp in, and then eat it at a starbucks

this is the irl authentic japanese burrito experience, no joke

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I ended up giving my copy away, how is the game (SSCR)? Like... compared to Demon Gaze or other Dungeon crawlers on vita?

Stranger is pretty grim. Its a fairly competent Dungeom crawler and has a satisfying difficulty, but it gets boring. The plus (or minus) depending on who you ask is there is minimal fan service in Stranger.

I prefer Demon Gaze because despite some pretty terrible moments, demon gaze was interesting most of the game and when it wasn't it had absolutely beautiful monster art.

I didn't finish stranger, but I dont regret buying it and putting about 45 hours into it. Hope that helps.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

waah posted:

Stranger is pretty grim. Its a fairly competent Dungeom crawler and has a satisfying difficulty, but it gets boring. The plus (or minus) depending on who you ask is there is minimal fan service in Stranger.

I prefer Demon Gaze because despite some pretty terrible moments, demon gaze was interesting most of the game and when it wasn't it had absolutely beautiful monster art.

I didn't finish stranger, but I dont regret buying it and putting about 45 hours into it. Hope that helps.

Ah, a shame, I liked the visuals from Stranger, too bad DG2 was never localized :(

Thanks!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Ah, a shame, I liked the visuals from Stranger, too bad DG2 was never localized :(

Thanks!

Demon Gaze 2 isn't being localized?
What a shame. Demon Gaze 1 truly was one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the Vita.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

well all you have to do is get a burrito at taco bell and put some shrimp in, and then eat it at a starbucks

this is the irl authentic japanese burrito experience, no joke

Don't forget the mayo.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Sefal posted:

Demon Gaze 2 isn't being localized?
What a shame. Demon Gaze 1 truly was one of the most enjoyable dungeon crawlers on the Vita.

While it doesn't look like it's getting an official release in the US or Europe, there's apparently going to be an Asian English version coming out later this month and available through importers. Hopefully the translation quality is okay.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thanks!

The new "improved" version of Stranger has a demo that will supposedly let you transfer your save with as much as 8 hour playtime to the full version of the game.

Edit: And the news about Demon Gaze 2 just made my morning lovely. I knew it was out in Japan, but I assumed it would be getting localized.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

waah posted:

The new "improved" version of Stranger has a demo that will supposedly let you transfer your save with as much as 8 hour playtime to the full version of the game.

Edit: And the news about Demon Gaze 2 just made my morning lovely. I knew it was out in Japan, but I assumed it would be getting localized.

Yeah, it's kind of a weird decision not to release the English version more widely, considering that by Vita standards the original was a licence to print money, and Operation Babel, a sequel to a much less successful game by the same studio, is still getting an official US/EU release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think anyone's said they're definitely not localising it, just nothing announced yet. I don't think it's even out in Japan?

E: whoops it was out in September never mind.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Anyone remember the name of the grip case that had extra triggers for rear touchpad activation? Started using my vita for remote play and having those would be really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

InfinityComplex posted:

Anyone remember the name of the grip case that had extra triggers for rear touchpad activation? Started using my vita for remote play and having those would be really nice.

L2/R2 Button Grip Cover?
Edit: http://www.play-asia.com/l2-r2-button-peripheral-for-the-ps-vita-slim-=-remote-play-all-day/5f/7463h